SFF.Network Streacom Launches the DA2

BLooDYwOLVeS

Minimal Tinkerer
Nov 30, 2018
I don’t know where you guys get your patience from?

-The DA2 is fast becoming a joke we have now been told another two weeks, till delivery-since Steamcom kindly left my country New Zealand off the list to sell there cases...seriously WTF?

I have to order from UK and pay more than any other country for my case all up its going to cost $550 NZD(about 225GBP) because scorptech won’t ship across the ditch because there lazy.

Understand that delays can happen but the communication from streamcom to its suppliers(Quiet PC UK)and customers is just terrible, we waited 14 days and then all of a sudden another 15 days....zero apologies, zero consideration for loyal customers who have paid up front...these cases better be better than good.

Loque Ghost is looking mighty good at the moment at least they get there cases out to people who have paid for them!

Streamcom need to sort there production times out, not impressed.

nimdjid

Chassis Packer
Oct 25, 2018
I don’t know where you guys get your patience from?

-The DA2 is fast becoming a joke we have now been told another two weeks, till delivery-since Steamcom kindly left my country New Zealand off the list to sell there cases...seriously WTF?

I have to order from UK and pay more than any other country for my case all up its going to cost $550 NZD(about 225GBP) because scorptech won’t ship across the ditch because there lazy.

Understand that delays can happen but the communication from streamcom to its suppliers(Quiet PC UK)and customers is just terrible, we waited 14 days and then all of a sudden another 15 days....zero apologies, zero consideration for loyal customers who have paid up front...these cases better be better than good.

Loque Ghost is looking mighty good at the moment at least they get there cases out to people who have paid for them!

Streamcom need to sort there production times out, not impressed.

Im sorry to say that I must agree with basically everything you said..
The delays cost me big problems. I emailed quietPC about a month ago and asked them if I could preorder without having money reserved from my card, and they told me no but they have many cases coming so it doesnt look like preorder is necessary to get a case early..
Well since I really wanted a case I pre-ordered anyway.. Then after second delay I cancle and I lose about 15 pounds in convertion fee to my original payment.. Sure its not anybodys fault here and thats the way it is but sitll annoying since Im not getting any case, I waited far too long and now I got a hand of a ghost louqe instead.
I belivie there has been too much false hope in this thread from streacom about "shipping very soon!" type of info which has not been correct...

For anyone looking for a case like this then ghost louqe has their second batch coming up in january for shipments. I suspect anyone preordering from them will actually get their cases before this streacom case ships anyway..

I received my review sample today :D (in NZ no less @BLooDYwOLVeS )

So how long until a review?

Reactions: BLooDYwOLVeS

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I waited far too long and now I got a hand of a ghost louqe instead.
I belivie there has been too much false hope in this thread from streacom about "shipping very soon!" type of info which has not been correct...
For anyone looking for a case like this then ghost louqe has their second batch coming up in january for shipments. I suspect anyone preordering from them will actually get their cases before this streacom case ships anyway..

Te internal layout of the DA2 is quite different from the Louqe Ghost. So, it is hard to compare the two. It is like comparing an apple to an orange. If both suit you, then it is good.

However, if you are switching because of 'delay' issue, I am a little surprised that you choose a Ghost. I mean, my casual reading of the Ghost thread seems to tell me that the first batch has experienced many times of 'delay', much worse than what is happening with the DA2. Even now, there are still buyers of the first batch who have not received their unit. So, if history indicates anything, I really suggest you to have some expectation of delay for the second batch as well.

BLooDYwOLVeS

Minimal Tinkerer
Nov 30, 2018
Im sorry to say that I must agree with basically everything you said..
The delays cost me big problems. I emailed quietPC about a month ago and asked them if I could preorder without having money reserved from my card, and they told me no but they have many cases coming so it doesnt look like preorder is necessary to get a case early..
Well since I really wanted a case I pre-ordered anyway.. Then after second delay I cancle and I lose about 15 pounds in convertion fee to my original payment.. Sure its not anybodys fault here and thats the way it is but sitll annoying since Im not getting any case, I waited far too long and now I got a hand of a ghost louqe instead.

So how long until a review?

@confusis good stuff, yeah I only just noticed your a Jaffa like me mate!

Yeah I’m in the market for either the DA2 or the ghost both are solid cases, I think the DA2 should be called the ghost ironically though, as everyone who orders one to buy hasn’t got one lol.

I prefer the DA2 but I can’t stand any manufacturer who thinks they are above there client dangling scraps to the wolves, we have to put up some serious money for these cases, and they couldn’t give a rats butt.

Let me know how your test one comes along I suspect will be a really good looking well thought out design.

@nimdjid hope your ghost turns out to be awesome, shame about streamcoms behaviour huh? Any coomments I have seen have been pretty unapologetic.

nimdjid

Chassis Packer
Oct 25, 2018
Te internal layout of the DA2 is quite different from the Louqe Ghost. So, it is hard to compare the two. It is like comparing an apple to an orange. If both suit you, then it is good.

However, if you are switching because of 'delay' issue, I am a little surprised that you choose a Ghost. I mean, my casual reading of the Ghost thread seems to tell me that the first batch has experienced many times of 'delay', much worse than what is happening with the DA2. Even now, there are still buyers of the first batch who have not received their unit. So, if history indicates anything, I really suggest you to have some expectation of delay for the second batch as well.

Sure internal layout is different from the ghost but I would not say its matthers that much. Its still a small m-itx form factor altough the DA2 is a little bigger they are both discrete solid alumminium builds in about the same size.. The ghost can be extended with a so called "tophat" to make it about the size of the DA2 and accomodate a 240 rad inside as well.
So all in all I would say they are very similair even if experience in building inside them will differ. Price point also about the same.

Louqe Ghost is completly new kickstarter project, very different from an already established company like streacom. Of course their first batch will take some time but the backers are just now getting their units. When Louqe says next batch is ready to ship in january sure we might expect a little delay sometimes but you cant compare a second batch of produced units with the first batch of entire design, production, quality control etc etc... They built the foundation now its all about ordering more production from their manufactors they have established contact with already.

In my opinion I expected much more from established company like streacom compared to louqe in delivering their product to the actual consumer... but my feeling now is still that anyone ordering a louqe today would probably have it in about the same time as DA2 or maybe at worst 2-3 weeks later.. IMO that is a way different standpoint then when I first looked at the DA2 and thought "ok Im gonna have this case way earlier then I would get a hold of a GHost Louqe" but yeah thats definitly not the case anymore now thats obvious..

Reactions: BLooDYwOLVeS

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network

Can get some real component density in this case!

Streacom

Cable Smoosher
Streacom
Sep 26, 2018
Actually the reason we are on this forum is to give correct information and have a short channel to everybody who wants information about Streacom.
Also , there where a lot of quesions at this forum and we received a lot of support tickets about the DA, so we thought posting @ SFF would be an extra appreciated service.

We mentioned that the DA2 anodizing had quality issues , especially with the silver cases and we just could not sent out this cases to our customers. Thats why there was a delay in shipment. We expexted to ship them out earlier, but like said we cannot sent out B-products and damage our image and have disappointed customers.

We informed that the DA2 would ship soon by airshipments, and that is the correct information, as we worked hard to solve the issues with the Silver cases and we are now again anodizing the cases and are expecting to have some airshipments next week. Please also understand that we cannot only ship black cases by air to our customers as the freight charges would be enormous.

We really hope that we are understood about the subject that we want to ship out quality products and sorry for the delay but like mentioned in an earlier post, first production runs are always the most difficult ones and are open for issues in the production fases as everything is a new tooling and its done for the first time for that specific product.

Last edited:

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018

Can get some real component density in this case!
When you are done with testing with an AIO, would you please also do an air cooler? Say, NH-U9S or NH-D9L.
Thanks.

Edit 1
And please measure the absolute height clearance for an air-cooler.
Spec says 145mm max but there maybe a few mm spare?

Last edited:
Reactions: Alexander

Veryaton

Average Stuffer
Feb 28, 2017
We informed that the DA2 would ship soon by airshipments, and that is the correct information, as we worked hard to solve the issues with the Silver cases and we are now again anodizing the cases and are expecting to have some airshipments next week. Please also understand that we cannot only ship black cases by air to our customers as the freight charges would be enormous.
I am interested in the black case, is it delayed too?

confusis

Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
When you are done with testing with an AIO, would you please also do an air cooler? Say, NH-U9S or NH-D9L.
Thanks.

Edit 1
And please measure the absolute height clearance for an air-cooler.
Spec says 145mm max but there maybe a few mm spare?

Will do.

awesome! please tell me it's planned also a test with a 280mm rad :D

I don't have one to hand to test with.

ChadT

Chassis Packer
Oct 22, 2018
@confusis / @Streacom how many of the universal brackets are included? And is there a possibility to mount something on the bottom rail (assuming there are extra brackets available to do that?)

confusis

Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
two horizontal smaller ones, two vertical longer ones. the two horizontal ones are pre-located at the bottom, so yeah, mount something to the bottom as you desire :p @ChadT