SFF.Network Streacom Launches the DA2

ShaMana

Trash Compacter
Nov 27, 2018
There are a number of threads, pretty much everywhere, referring to faulty or failing 2080tis. I don't know what NVIDIA did but this 2000 generation is not only a complete ripoff but also of a pretty shady quality. I think I'll stick to 1080Ti for the foreseeable future, currently searching for a better deal on a smaller than mine card. The FTW3 is too damn large.

ZabuzaL

Efficiency Noob
Jan 28, 2019
Hey guys I know it was mentioned somewhere can't find it. I put my rtx 2080 in and the hdmi and display port slots are a bit up and my cables are unable to enter as the protection part of the cable will hit the roof

How was this solved

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Jul 3, 2018
Hey guys I know it was mentioned somewhere can't find it. I put my rtx 2080 in and the hdmi and display port slots are a bit up and my cables are unable to enter as the protection part of the cable will hit the roof

How was this solved
2 ways: carefully realign the motherboard brackets or if that doesn't work/it's possible, reduce a connector like I did here:

ZabuzaL

Efficiency Noob
Jan 28, 2019
Hi Guys, just wondering, the AIO + GPU side of the case is coolish but the opposite side where its against the motherboard back. its really hot to touch. is this normal?

In terms of temps, everything looks good. Stress testing the gpu goes at like 75 degrees, cpu is 50-60.

Only got really hot when i started doing gpu stress tests. went normal temps it feels luke warm

Last edited:

brt02

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 3, 2018
Hi Guys, just wondering, the AIO + GPU side of the case is coolish but the opposite side where its against the motherboard back. its really hot to touch. is this normal?

In terms of temps, everything looks good. Stress testing the gpu goes at like 75 degrees, cpu is 50-60.

Only got really hot when i started doing gpu stress tests. went normal temps it feels luke warm

I have the same, especially when the GPU is under load

ZabuzaL

Efficiency Noob
Jan 28, 2019
I have the same, especially when the GPU is under load

Ahh alright, well for now my normal temps are 30-40 with no load for gpu and cpu. I have been running realbench for the last 1 hour. The temp is 68-80 for cpu (varied throughout the test, goes up and down, but mostly around 75) and 71-73 for gpu

Ambient temperature is 27-28

I have kraken x52, Have i installed it wrong if im getting these temps on realbench?

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Jul 3, 2018
A DA2 build with Asus Z370I and i7 8700K.

Interesting points:-
-Thermalright Silver Arrow 130 Graphene version installed. Read the thread for details of 'conflict'.
-SF600 installed horizontally, leaving space underneath for a 120mm fan.
-a DIY mirror side panel

https://www.chiphell.com/thread-1954606-1-1.html
Temps seem quite high there.

brt02

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 3, 2018
Ahh alright, well for now my normal temps are 30-40 with no load for gpu and cpu. I have been running realbench for the last 1 hour. The temp is 68-80 for cpu (varied throughout the test, goes up and down, but mostly around 75) and 71-73 for gpu

Ambient temperature is 27-28

I have kraken x52, Have i installed it wrong if im getting these temps on realbench?

GPU temperature looks good.

I don't have any experience with Ryzen so can't really advise there. Pump and fan speed will affect temperatures, I found the stock NZXT fan curve conservative when the system is under load.

I don't think it's too bad for an overclocked 8700K at 4.9GHz/1.3V. Especially given the glass side panel.

Reactions: fabio

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
@Nanook Well just tried turning on the DA2 without doing anything, and it worked???
Damn it! I really don't know which was the cause...

BTW, another test for 1 hour, Prime95+Heaven, 5GHZ OC, AVX 1(!!), RAM OC 3866MHz C18.

In two weeks the GPU water block will arrive!!

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018

I am not sure if his temps are high or not.

If so, I notice 2 things hurting his thermals:-

a. His replacing the stock TY-127BP fan by a be quiet! Silent Wings 3. (He picked the SW3 for its black look.) But, even though both fans share similar max speed (~1500 rpm) and static pressure (~1.8mm H2O), the TR fan does push substantial higher volume of air (85 CFM vs 50 CFM). This is a bad choice, in terms of performance. But I agree the black SW3 does look better.

b. His using a Silverstone AP-124 as case intake fan. (Again, he picked this fan for its RGB effect.) Poor choice again, IMHO. This fan only pushes 25 CFM max.

These 2 factors mean there is insufficient fresh air going into the case and through the cooler, resulting his less-than-ideal thermals.

I just picked a guy at random, having an i7 8700K at 4.9GHz at 1.28v. He got 79C max with a Corsair H150i pro.
(http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3759638/resonable-temps-8700k-9ghz.html)

So, a Silver Arrow giving a range of 77-84C does not seem so bad at all.

PS
I noted the guy said he is ditching the Silverstone fan because there is rattling noise. I hope he is going to replace with a higher airflow volume fan.

Reactions: bubbl3

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Jul 3, 2018
I was considering a dual 240mm radiators loop, but when I added all I need in the shopping cart it came just shy of 700 euros .... nope :D

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I was considering a dual 240mm radiators loop, but when I added all I need in the shopping cart it came just shy of 700 euros .... nope :D
Oh boy! I am curious about the list!
But, wait! a DOUBLE 240mm??? WHERE did you find the space???

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Jul 3, 2018
Oh boy! I am curious about the list!
But, wait! a DOUBLE 240mm??? WHERE did you find the space???
I was considering removing the bottom filter-cover and use 2 vertical brackets for the bottom rad and have another on the side, while the pump-reservoir could eventually be fixed on the back if there is not enough space inside.

Here is the list, fans excluded but you can add the 4 noctuas yourself and you'll go over 700 :D (oh and I didn't add the GPU backplate there as I have one)

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
@Nanook Well just tried turning on the DA2 without doing anything, and it worked???
Damn it! I really don't know which was the cause...

BTW, another test for 1 hour, Prime95+Heaven, 5GHZ OC, AVX 1(!!), RAM OC 3866MHz C18.

In two weeks the GPU water block will arrive!!

Mystery... I have that happen before, but the system crash trying to get 5ghz all cores. I gave up for the night and went to bed. It booted righ up the next day....

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I was considering removing the bottom filter-cover and use 2 vertical brackets for the bottom rad and have another on the side, while the pump-reservoir could eventually be fixed on the back if there is not enough space inside.

Here is the list, fans excluded but you can add the 4 noctuas yourself and you'll go over 700 :D (oh and I didn't add the GPU backplate there as I have one)
Not bad!!! Maybe, with a DDC XRES 100 and one 240mm and 1 120mm, you can have everything inside! And is more than enough! I think the D5 plus mounting bracket/whatever, doesn't fit inside... in depth, but maybe I am wrong!

Reactions: Rocaxl and bubbl3