SFF.Network Streacom Launches the DA2

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
@fabio

Should i change my GPU to blower style? I honestly want to stick with the DA2 just because of the design
Well, it's your choice! You should try. The 2080 is not so hot like the Titan RTX. Otherwise there is the ASUS Turbo 2080, blower style.

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Jul 3, 2018
@fabio an update, they are sending me an advanced RMA, new GPU is shipped to me then I send back the broken one.
As much as I am happy, given all they know about the GPU is what I said and the serial number, I am convinced they know something and not telling, don't think they would send a new GPU unless they are sure mine is definitely beyond repair.

Reactions: brt02

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Jul 3, 2018
My trusty 1080 will have to do for a while..

Rocaxl

Cable Smoosher
Jan 7, 2019
Is it possible to move the psu to the opposite side (front) and add a fan right next to the motherboard (exhaust?). 120mm cpu rad across from the motherboard (intake?). Maybe a 90 mm fan at left (intake).

Reactions: brt02 and fabio

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Is it possible to move the psu to the opposite side (front) and add a fan right next to the motherboard (exhaust?). 120mm cpu rad across from the motherboard (intake?). Maybe a 90 mm fan at left (intake).
Is this what you are saying?

Using an 120 fan to exhaust via the right side panel is an interesting idea. It might help to remove hot air dumped by the display card.

Last edited:
Reactions: brt02 and bubbl3

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016

Using an 120 fan to exhaust via the right side panel is an interesting idea. It might help to remove hot air dumped by the display card.
Yes, I've thought to do the same when I was still on air. Seems a good compromise! Let us know if you try!

Reactions: Rocaxl

brt02

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 3, 2018

That looks good. I would remove the top dust filter, so the PSU can exhaust properly and drop the exhaust 120mm fan down as low as it can go. If a 92mm fan works for me as an exhaust for my GPU, a 120mm fan should be even better at getting rid of the GPU's heat.

Reactions: Rocaxl

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Shit, don’t know what happened! Turned on the PC, the system give me a CPU fan error. So, I’be Switched off everything, check the fan cables, and everything was ok. Replugged all the cables, and now the system is not turning on! I hope is only the PSU or the power switch. Let’s see!

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Shit, don’t know what happened! Turned on the PC, the system give me a CPU fan error. So, I’be Switched off everything, check the fan cables, and everything was ok. Replugged all the cables, and now the system is not turning on! I hope is only the PSU or the power switch. Let’s see!
Is it your motherboard? (if it's the Strix Z390i)
I have had the similar problem several times with my Z390i. I've tried the following to get things running again (all of which are tedious to do):
  1. resetting jumper - doesn't seem to help
  2. reseating ram - I was using VLP ram, maybe that's why?
  3. unplugging battery and plugged it back in - requires removing large heatsink shroud

Rocaxl

Cable Smoosher
Jan 7, 2019

Wow what a great sketch and yes this is exactly what I was referring to. Other idea was to replace the cpu aio with a Noctua nh c14s with top and bottom fan. Flow would be directed from underneath the cooler and discharge the front of the case. The 120 mm fan next to the motherboard would be intake. Not sure if we would need 92mm fan but if so it could also be intake.

Thoughts?

Rocaxl

Cable Smoosher
Jan 7, 2019
That looks good. I would remove the top dust filter, so the PSU can exhaust properly and drop the exhaust 120mm fan down as low as it can go. If a 92mm fan works for me as an exhaust for my GPU, a 120mm fan should be even better at getting rid of the GPU's heat.
Very good ideas. Haven’t received my case yet, but am anxiously waiting.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Is it your motherboard? (if it's the Strix Z390i)
I have had the similar problem several times with my Z390i. I've tried the following to get things running again (all of which are tedious to do):
  1. resetting jumper - doesn't seem to help
  2. reseating ram - I was using VLP ram, maybe that's why?
  3. unplugging battery and plugged it back in - requires removing large heatsink shroud
It’s so annoying! But, where is this jumper?

I’ll try the RAM first, than the annoying battery...

Maybe I’ll give up with the memory OC and I’ll stay with the ASrock and his amazing clear button

Now I am trying to put a DDC in the DAN, so I will do this ASAP! I was lucky to have the second system at home, I am under a deadline and Inwas fucked up otherwise!

Thanks for the advices!

Reactions: Nanook

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
It’s so annoying! But, where is this jumper?

I’ll try the RAM first, than the annoying battery...

Maybe I’ll give up with the memory OC and I’ll stay with the ASrock and his amazing clear button

Now I am trying to put a DDC in the DAN, so I will do this ASAP! I was lucky to have the second system at home, I am under a deadline and Inwas fucked up otherwise!

Thanks for the advices!
The cmos jumper is on the right side of the board. Ill have to dig for my manual if you don’t look it up before I do :)

Reactions: fabio

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Jul 3, 2018
Yes! So was related for real to the memory!
I think I should have understood my first GPU was bad when OC Scanner would last less than a minute and tell me max +47 MHz on core, the new one took a long time and came back with +126 MHz and that's because it hit thermal limit of 84C.