SFF.Network Streacom Launches the DA2

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
After some tweaking I was able to get my temps to a more reasonable level.

2700x on Asus x470-I

3.9GHz @ 1.175v - 72.8˚ CPU (tdie) after 20 min (Prime 95 sFFT) with GPU idle
3.9GHz @ 1.175v - 81.5˚ CPU (tdie) after 20 min (Prime 95 sFFT) with GPU max load (73˚)

Streacom support reported the tempered glass side panel shown off last year at Computex may be coming out as soon as April. In anticipation of that release I have modified my setup. Granted, it is not necessarily the most ideal layout for cooling but aesthetics are a big component of my build. Exact position of the PSU, cable management, and a GPU sag remedy are all outstanding items.

That's cool! I will just swap the Noctua fan with some Gentle Typhoon Black 1850PMW or some EK Vardar EVO. Are more suited for the heatsink, and are black of course

selectallfrom

Chassis Packer
Jan 7, 2019
That's cool! I will just swap the Noctua fan with some Gentle Typhoon Black 1850PMW or some EK Vardar EVO. Are more suited for the heatsink, and are black of course

I was holding out for the Chromax version of the NF-A12x25, but that recently got pushed back from Q1 to Q4. The Vardar EVOs might be worth a tryout. They look slick and have higher max RPMs than the Chromax NF-F12s currently installed.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I was holding out for the Chromax version of the NF-A12x25, but that recently got pushed back from Q1 to Q4. The Vardar EVOs might be worth a tryout. They look slick and have higher max RPMs than the Noctua's.
Indeed! BUT, the Gentle Typhoon, IMO, are better for the noise!

(Are you sure about the A12x25? I knew from Computex that the A12x15 Chromax was planned for the Q1 2019, with the A9, A9x14. But for sure not the Sterrox!!)

gotcha43

Average Stuffer
Dec 10, 2018
Indeed! BUT, the Gentle Typhoon, IMO, are better for the noise!

(Are you sure about the A12x25? I knew from Computex that the A12x15 Chromax was planned for the Q1 2019, with the A9, A9x14. But for sure not the Sterrox!!)
You‘re right.
A12x15 and A9x14 and regular A9 are Planned for Q1 or Q2, While 12x25 are Planned for Q4.

Reactions: fabio

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Jul 3, 2018
Oh well, today I got the infamous black screen issue with the 2080 Ti, in the process of contacting nvidia support :(

It went black while watching youtube, not even under stress, won't work if any driver is installed as it happened to many others, rma it is :(

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Oh well, today I got the infamous black screen issue with the 2080 Ti, in the process of contacting nvidia support :(

It went black while watching youtube, not even under stress, won't work if any driver is installed as it happened to many others, rma it is :(
Hold on, can you explain to me what happened?

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Jul 3, 2018
Hold on, can you explain to me what happened?
Past few weeks my 2080 Ti had couple of black screens and I had to reboot, also got 3 blue screen with nvidia drivers errors, today while watching youtube it went black screen but at reboot it just wouldn't work anymore, when windows was supposed to display the login it would go black and then pc would shut down after 20 sec.
Booted in safe mode, cleaned driver with ddu, boots in windows, installing driver, goes black screen, dies again. With my 1080 all works fine.

I saw in the nvidia forum several people had this issue, all with micron gddr6 like me :(

BTW was talking to Brian from TechYesCity, he was just editing a video about this issue, he had a gigabyte 2080 Ti with micron memory die in the same way.

ZabuzaL

Efficiency Noob
Jan 28, 2019
Hi Everyone,

This is currently my build

CPU AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor
CPU Cooler NXZT KRAKEN X52 RL-KRX52-02
Power Supply Corsair - SF 600 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular SFX Power Supply
Memory G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage Samsung - 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Video Card EVGA - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB Black Video Card
Case Fan 2 x Noctua NF-F12
Monitor Acer VG271U P
Motherboard Asus - ROG STRIX X470-I GAMING Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard

I was supposed to be getting the ncase m1, but I found this case which I really like the design of, I was reading back and people suggesting there was temp problems with an AIO?

With the specs I got am I going to run temp issues?

Also with the 2x fans, is there anything I can do with them? for the ncase I was going to stick them under the GPU

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Jul 3, 2018
Hi Everyone,

This is currently my build

CPU AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor
CPU Cooler NXZT KRAKEN X52 RL-KRX52-02
Power Supply Corsair - SF 600 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular SFX Power Supply
Memory G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage Samsung - 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Video Card EVGA - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB Black Video Card
Case Fan 2 x Noctua NF-F12
Monitor Acer VG271U P
Motherboard Asus - ROG STRIX X470-I GAMING Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard

I was supposed to be getting the ncase m1, but I found this case which I really like the design of, I was reading back and people suggesting there was temp problems with an AIO?

With the specs I got am I going to run temp issues?

Also with the 2x fans, is there anything I can do with them? for the ncase I was going to stick them under the GPU
You can take a look at my tests in this thread as I have a very similar config, but yes, the 240mm cpu AIO and the 2080 on air are not the best, the GPU is going to pump hot air into the case and you either set the AIO fans to exhaust and cool your radiator with hot air or to intake and you are going to pump in even more hot air. You may try it but my suggestion is either go full air with an U9S with 2x 92mm fans as intake and then use the 2x120 mm as exhaust, 2x 120mm AIO (CPU and GPU) or full custom loop.

ZabuzaL

Efficiency Noob
Jan 28, 2019
You can take a look at my tests in this thread as I have a very similar config, but yes, the 240mm cpu AIO and the 2080 on air are not the best, the GPU is going to pump hot air into the case and you either set the AIO fans to exhaust and cool your radiator with hot air or to intake and you are going to pump in even more hot air. You may try it but my suggestion is either go full air with an U9S with 2x 92mm fans as intake and then use the 2x120 mm as exhaust, 2x 120mm AIO (CPU and GPU) or full custom loop.

Is there any way to exhaust the hot air out? or would there be no room for a case fan with this setup? I am not planning to have any storage drives near the psu

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Jul 3, 2018
Is there any way to exhaust the hot air out? or would there be no room for a case fan with this setup? I am not planning to have any storage drives near the psu
Plenty of pictures in this thread, you have the 2 fans at the front and no room for much else.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
If the X52 is set up to exhaust, you can alleviate by removing the filter element on the case top, which is reportedly to be quite restrictive. Well, high restriction filter is a double edged sword as it effectively blocks entering dust but it also restricts the airflow.
Without that element, fresh external air can enter much more easily, thus 'diluting' the temp of internal warmed air.
In addition, you can either set up a 92mm fan at rear of case to either intake (to bring in even more fresh air actively, for the 'dilution') or to exhaust (trying to remove internal warmed air). You will have to try both to see which of the two is more effective.

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Jul 3, 2018
If the X52 is set up to exhaust, you can alleviate by removing the filter element on the case top, which is reportedly to be quite restrictive. Well, high restriction filter is a double edged sword as it effectively blocks entering dust but it also restricts the airflow.
Without that element, fresh external air can enter much more easily, thus 'diluting' the temp of internal warmed air.
In addition, you can either set up a 92mm fan at rear of case to either intake (to bring in even more fresh air actively, for the 'dilution') or to exhaust (trying to remove internal warmed air). You will have to try both to see which of the two is more effective.
While valid, I run it for couple of weeks without filters and I could already see it being a dust magnet :(

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
While valid, I run it for couple of weeks without filters and I could already see it being a dust magnet :(
Yes, unfortunately that is the case.
Maybe, one can replace the stock filter element with a less restrictive one to get a more 'balanced' compromise between dust filtering and airflow restriction?
Another possibility is to deploy a separate air purifier to remove the overall dust particles in the room. This will, of course, brings in additional cost but the air purifier will provide clean air not just for the PC but also for you and your family members.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
You can mount a slim fan on top of the motherboard, and one in the rear if you use the AIO as intake, IMO. Maybe a slim 92mm for both will fit better!

Comparing it with the Ncase, the Ncase has a better holes pattern, and GPU support plus the possibility to mount bottom fan with a 2slots gpu.

But don’t expect so much difference between the two of you use the GPU on air with stock cooler.

I think, The key for both is to use a blower style GPU, with all bad and good with it.

Otheriwse the Ncase will allow you to use GPU aftermarket cooling solution, that seem work very well!

But, I am super happy with my setup!

Reactions: omnikron and brt02