Stalled Sparrow-MQ5 5.5L One-piece aluminum

RenG

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 17, 2016
Is there anyone here who received their case that is willing to sell? Doesn't hurt to ask right? ☺️

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 31, 2017
Still no Z13 NOW AUGUST ONE MONTH SINCE LAST CONTACT ON 8/3 SAYING NEW CONTRAT MFG WAS BEING SOUGHT OUT FOR MY PROBLEM FROM DECEMBER 2021.

RenG

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 17, 2016
Mine apparently shipped around August 24th. I purchased sea freight which can take over a month. I’m still confident that I will receive it eventually.
If that's true then that is good news. Let me know :)

sidequest

Efficiency Noob
Aug 17, 2022
Sorry for the late update. My Sparrow MQ5 order from early August 2022 arrived on August 30th. I ordered from the offical COOJ website and used the air freight option to ship to the US. The quality of the case is excellent. However, I am having trouble with the build and I suspect the issue may be that the Enhance ENP 7660B FLEX PSU I included in my order is faulty. I will update again if I am able to isolate the problem. Other than that, I would definitely recommend the case.

RenG

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 17, 2016
Sorry for the late update. My Sparrow MQ5 order from early August 2022 arrived on August 30th. I ordered from the offical COOJ website and used the air freight option to ship to the US. The quality of the case is excellent. However, I am having trouble with the build and I suspect the issue may be that the Enhance ENP 7660B FLEX PSU I included in my order is faulty. I will update again if I am able to isolate the problem. Other than that, I would definitely recommend the case.
That's some encouraging news for people who ordered already.

oasis1991

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2021
mine has too many interior sctaches/nick/burr for my taste

but im stupid , its quality is excellent for 99% of people

also the packaging box is very good and solid

manual is good and noob friendly

come with screwdriver

basically my only complain is too many interior sctaches/nick/burr ( you can ignore it haha )

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 31, 2017
Latest update on Z13 14.6 L
COOJ <cooj.lab@qq.com>
To: Dasboot

Sun, Sep 11 at 1:14 AM

We are revising the design, which is nearly complete, and will soon be back in production.

Drewzy

Caliper Novice
Jul 31, 2022
Just received my mq5 from early august order to US with sea freight shipping.
I was very pleasantly surprised with the the craftsmanship and attention to detail. I knew that it would be good quality, but the sparrow still exceeded expectations. It’s a little heavier than I thought it would be, but I can say I’ll never have to worry about durability. Thanks Cooj!

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 31, 2017
Just received my mq5 from early august order to US with sea freight shipping.
I was very pleasantly surprised with the the craftsmanship and attention to detail. I knew that it would be good quality, but the sparrow still exceeded expectations. It’s a little heavier than I thought it would be, but I can say I’ll never have to worry about durability. Thanks Cooj!

I wish I could say that about my Z13, still missing in action on 9/29/2022, from December 2021 original order....

sidequest

Efficiency Noob
Aug 17, 2022
Another update: I was able to resolve the issue I was having with my MQ5 build. I was getting repeated game crashes and BSODs under heavy GPU loads, but since the graphics card itself worked fine in another build I thought the issue may be the Enhance PSU I received in my order from COOJ. However, in a last attempt to fix the issue without trying to RMA the PSU, I manually set the PCIe x16 lane to Gen3 via the MOBO BIOS as I saw discussed in a troubleshooting thread online. And it worked! The PCIe riser also came from COOJ and was supposed to be 4.0, and it even says Gen4 on the side, but I wonder if there is a chance that it may be a mismarked Gen3 cable. Of course, the issue could also be from a problem on the motherboard itself, so it's hard to say definitively either way. Just something to note if you order the PCIe riser cable from COOJ!

Reactions: shilezi

picov

Chassis Packer
Oct 28, 2018
But the real question is :
Does the cooj products exists and are really produced in required quantity ?
Does they can really ship something ?

I'm following this units from the beginning.
The website continue to delay the shipping every month for more than one year ago.
I've made an order from cooj website in early 2022 and I have never received certainty about the shipping date (despite my insistence).
Nevertheless, in 2022 it should be simple to send a package and provide a tracking number.
Before the PayPal payment protection expiry (two months), I've cancelled my order and the seller withheld a certain percentage of the amount. In fact I agree that this could be a great and profitable business model !
... music...

I think that, as a precautionary purpose, it could be better to order the cooj units from third party stores that can provide some seriousness and guarantees.
Just my 2c.

Last edited:

Drewzy

Caliper Novice
Jul 31, 2022
But the real question is :
Does the cooj products exists and are really produced in required quantity ?
Does they can really ship something ?

I'm following this units from the beginning.
The website continue to delay the shipping every month for more than one year ago.
I've made an order from cooj website in early 2022 and I have never received certainty about the shipping date (despite my insistence).
Nevertheless, in 2002 it should be simple to send a package and provide a tracking number.
Before the PayPal payment protection expiry, I've cancelled my order and the seller withheld a certain percentage of the amount. In fact Iagree that this could be a great and profitable business model !
... music...

I think that, as a precautionary purpose, it could be better to order the cooj units from third party stores that can provide some seriousness and guarantees.
My just 2c.
Hmm that's weird. Maybe you can give more details about when you ordered, and when you cancelled?

I feel like there would be more people in this thread complaining if they just never received their order.

As for me, ordered early August 2022 via sea freight and received my MQ5 in late September 2022

shilezi

Cable Smoosher
Dec 1, 2022
Another update: I was able to resolve the issue I was having with my MQ5 build. I was getting repeated game crashes and BSODs under heavy GPU loads, but since the graphics card itself worked fine in another build I thought the issue may be the Enhance PSU I received in my order from COOJ. However, in a last attempt to fix the issue without trying to RMA the PSU, I manually set the PCIe x16 lane to Gen3 via the MOBO BIOS as I saw discussed in a troubleshooting thread online. And it worked! The PCIe riser also came from COOJ and was supposed to be 4.0, and it even says Gen4 on the side, but I wonder if there is a chance that it may be a mismarked Gen3 cable. Of course, the issue could also be from a problem on the motherboard itself, so it's hard to say definitively either way. Just something to note if you order the PCIe riser cable from COOJ!
Wow, that’s something to consider when ordering too

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 31, 2017
Cardinal Rule of building always precheck outside of the case without a riser cable before moving to added riser cable of any generation!

From Reddit regarding ADT PCI-E riser cables and All gen four cables:
It isn't labeled certified for PCIE4.....and half the listing is explaining how to use gen3 mode instead when the cable doesn't work. To me this says....it is yet another riser that skipped certification, in order to get to market fast---and the OEM is saying "if it works it works, and if it doesn't it doesn't."

To be fair to the manufacturers who have put out gen 4 riser cables - I personally don't think we'll ever see a riser cable that's been tested for full compliance with the PCIe gen 4.0 standard. I'm not even aware of any PCIe gen 3.0 cables that are "certified" - they're generally listed as compatible.

Regarding silver ADT gen 4.0 riser cables listed anywhere:
I fear you may have been conned. ADT-Link is using a very unique cable design with their gen4 risers, and the data cables are BLUE.

http://www.adt.link/product/R3334W.html

Most of the "gen4" ADT-Link risers on Ali-Express are fake What they do is take the real gen3 parts (you can buy just the sockets and boards), and make their own version that isn't actually made by ADT-Link but because the boards and sockets have their name on them, the scammers use their name recognition to sell their fake risers.

At this time ADT-Link doesn't even have a pre-production version of the R33UF-TU-SI in gen4 yet, let alone a retail version. (now partially available direct from ADT)

Also, a genuine ADT-Link part will have a serial number and a green QC sticker on the socket section (which this may have if it's a converted 3.0 cable), but this isn't a guarantee, since if they used the gen3 cable and just swapped cables, the serial number and QC sticker would still be present.

Review of ADT cable 2 months ago:
ADT PCI-E 4.0 cable review
Listed Problems with riser cables before Gen 4.0 was common:
Cable problems.