Smallest case fitting i7 8700k OC

leo-pc

What's an ITX?
Original poster
Feb 17, 2019
Good morning,

I have been lurking these forums for a while now and finally decided to make an account to get some advise on a build I have been wanting to do for quite some time. I'm looking to build a portable (as in easily transportable by bike) powerhouse that supports an overclocked i7 8700k (I already have this). I really don't need anything else since I can mount some m.2 SSDs on the Motherboard.

I've discovered the Lazer3d LZ7 case, which is very promising especially with the DC-DC option as I could probably fit quite a big CPU cooler, but I found information that it is not intended for frequent transportation.

What I am looking for is a rigid case supporting a huge cooler (e.g. be!quiet Dark Rock TF) and a bunch of vents to allow enough airflow to keep temperatures acceptable while overclocking.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
If you haven't done so already delid your 8700k, that shaved 20C off of mine. It greatly increases the coolers you can use with an OC. Right now I have mine in a MI-6 being cooled with a Scythe Big Shuriken 2 and never see over 70C running at 4.40 to 4.60 GHz. If I run it at 5.00 GHz it doesn't exceed 80C during high load.

Reactions: leo-pc