Suggestions on cases?

Notorious

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Nov 25, 2017
I'm trying to plan out my next build. I have space for a behemoth build but with my entire house being very minimalist, I thought it would look very out of place, coupled with the fact that i have an HTC vive and hauling my old case around (thermaltake core p5) to play VR was such a pain. I'd like to use a 1080ti with an 8700k (overclock?) while going as small as i can be allowed to go. I've been eyeballing the S4M, Dan-A4, and the Zaber Sentry, but even without overclocking I'm afraid the thermals might be too much. I've seen some promising numbers from delidding and using the LP53 with noctua fans, but I'm still unsure. I think I'm starting to shy away from the S4M due to having to buy a second hand power brick at $400 and mod it. I like the zaber sentry but resale is pretty ridiculous. So far it seems like my best bet is the Dan-A4 whenever it goes on sale at SFFLAB. I think I've even seen some AIO coolers in the Dan-A4 so that may help my case, although I'm not sure how the thermals are compared to the LP53.

That is as far as I have thought things out so far. I was even thinking about the Define Nano S but if smaller cases can get me good thermals then I'd rather go that route to make it much more portable

Reactions: Biowarejak

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
I wouldn't hold my breath on getting a A4 outside of Overclockers.co.uk / Caseking.de if you missed the Kickstarter, based on how fast they've sold out historically. Rumor has it that OC might have some of the V1 in stock. However, I'd think that @dondan 's C4 concept would be a better fit for your planned rig. There's a thread in the custom cases subforum.

Another option to consider is @KSliger 's new concept, also in the custom cases subforum, which IIRC aims to be sold on an ongoing basis rather than in batches and should be customizable, if you like.