Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
There's ~3mm less clearance under the center rib on the 570/80 vs the 550/60. It "can" fit, but ventures into the realm of we can guarantee it will!
Thanks for explanation.
Could you also confirm that riser can be easily swap to upcoming new ones please?

Lbibass

Chassis Packer
May 2, 2020
Hey, my apologies if this is not the right place for this post, but I was curious about the lower fan support on the SM560. Mine is coming in tomorrow, and I was curious if I could potentially use the NF-A15 HS Chromax as an additional case fan next to an acetek 645LT cooler? There's no full-thickness chromax NF-A12x, so I was thinking I could use the A15's as they use the same mounting points as a 120mm fan. Is there enough clearance to support that? Failing that, are there 140mm fan mounts?

Reactions: DrHudacris

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Hey, my apologies if this is not the right place for this post, but I was curious about the lower fan support on the SM560. Mine is coming in tomorrow, and I was curious if I could potentially use the NF-A15 HS Chromax as an additional case fan next to an acetek 645LT cooler? There's no full-thickness chromax NF-A12x, so I was thinking I could use the A15's as they use the same mounting points as a 120mm fan. Is there enough clearance to support that? Failing that, are there 140mm fan mounts?
hi!

In fact as far I remember, bottom grid & mounting system are meant for 120mm fan. Not sure if a 140mm fan with 120mm mounting point can fit SM560. Even if it fits I'm a bit concerned with noise as open grid is just meant for 120mm..:)

Hopefully it's easy to test...;)

Lbibass

Chassis Packer
May 2, 2020
hi!

In fact as far I remember, bottom grid & mounting system are meant for 120mm fan. Not sure if a 140mm fan with 120mm mounting point can fit SM560. Even if it fits I'm a bit concerned with noise as open grid is just meant for 120mm..:)

Hopefully it's easy to test...;)
Yup! I got it in yesterday, and there's only 120mm mounting holes. I'll stick with an NF-a12 on the bottom then. Ah well.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Yup! I got it in yesterday, and there's only 120mm mounting holes. I'll stick with an NF-a12 on the bottom then. Ah well.
don't worry as exhaust fan 120 or 140 won't make any difference..:)
Keep them at around 1000 rpm on gpu load and it will work like a charm.

Bindlestiff

Case Bender
New User
Jun 30, 2020
The more I look into this the Platinum version works fine, but the RGB Pro does not. Working on a replacement subtop bracket that spaces it off to exactly the right position to fix it. Good work on making it fit though!
I'm about to pull the trigger on an SM580 but am hesitant as I have a Corsair Hydro H115i Platinum (that I really don't want to have to change) but I am reading, and seeing, conflicting reports regarding compatibility. Looking at the compatibility sheet that Density have produced (https://www.density.sk/wp-content/uploads/SM580-Data-Sheet-ENGLISH-V1.2.pdf) it seems to contradict itself.

Given that people seem to have managed to get the platinum version installed, can secure using all screw holes, are able to close the case correctly with no fouling of the holes / pins, and given your comment above, is it fair to say that the Corsair Hydro H115i Platinum is in fact fully supported for the SM580?

Bindlestiff

Case Bender
New User
Jun 30, 2020
Hey every1 quick video of how I mounted my Corsair h115i rgb platinum in the Sliger sm580. If you have any questions let me know or if I did anything wrong. This is my 1st sff build. Also does any1 know how I can add pics and vids to a post in the imgur app?

This is exactly what I was hoping I'd see - someone with it actually fitting. Would it be possible for you to post a video showing the sides / front being clipped into place? Reading other comments it would seem it is here where some of the aesthetic issues would happen. Thanks in advance.

srekal34

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2019
Hey @KSliger @Sligerjack any new projects in the pipeline? What about Cerberus with mini-itx layout, allowing top and bottom rads, has this been dropped?
Having tried SM580 and SV590 already, can't wait to see new developments from you!

Reactions: iksretep

wphaze

Case Bender
New User
Jun 21, 2020
This is exactly what I was hoping I'd see - someone with it actually fitting. Would it be possible for you to post a video showing the sides / front being clipped into place? Reading other comments it would seem it is here where some of the aesthetic issues would happen. Thanks in advance.
How did you fit the psu? it seems like the tubes from the radiator would be in the way if they were positioned near the front of the case

Sevastos

Efficiency Noob
Jul 12, 2020
Hello SFF and Sliger fans!

A week ago I placed an order for a SM 580 from Density.sk and I'm now trying to decide on the rest of my system parts.

I'm setting up a PC that will be used mostly for CAD design and rendering but I might also return my warlock from retirement and game a little (WoW and WoW Classic). I have a 32" 4K Dell 3219Q monitor at work and my old 24" 1440p Dell at home

The parts that I'm 100% sure of purchasing right now are:

• AMD Ryzen 9 3900X or 3900XT if I find it available soon
  • ASUS ROG Strix X570 I motherboard
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x32GB memory kit (CMK64GX4M2D3600C18)
  • EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Super Ftw3 Ultra Gaming
  • Corsair SF750 Platinum
  • Gigabyte Aorus 1TB PCIe 4.0 SSD
  • WD Blue SN550 2TB PCIe 3.0 SSD
I haven't decided on the CPU cooling yet. I was leaning towards NZXT's 280mm Kraken X63 but don't want to mess with the CAM software, but if I can set the RGB and then I can uninstall it and run the pump and fan settings from BIOS, I'll be fine with it

My questions for the owners of similar setups:

1) What are your full load CPU and GPU temps?
2) Should I go for 280mm CPU + air-cooled GPU or consider an alternative option such as 140mm Kraken X42 + Hybrid EVGA?
3) If the kraken cannot be controlled without the CAM software, which do you think is the best AIO brand?
4) Any suggestions or remarks regarding the parts I listed above?

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Hello SFF and Sliger fans!

A week ago I placed an order for a SM 580 from Density.sk and I'm now trying to decide on the rest of my system parts.

I'm setting up a PC that will be used mostly for CAD design and rendering but I might also return my warlock from retirement and game a little (WoW and WoW Classic). I have a 32" 4K Dell 3219Q monitor at work and my old 24" 1440p Dell at home

The parts that I'm 100% sure of purchasing right now are:

• AMD Ryzen 9 3900X or 3900XT if I find it available soon
  • ASUS ROG Strix X570 I motherboard
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x32GB memory kit (CMK64GX4M2D3600C18)
  • EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Super Ftw3 Ultra Gaming
  • Corsair SF750 Platinum
  • Gigabyte Aorus 1TB PCIe 4.0 SSD
  • WD Blue SN550 2TB PCIe 3.0 SSD
I haven't decided on the CPU cooling yet. I was leaning towards NZXT's 280mm Kraken X63 but don't want to mess with the CAM software, but if I can set the RGB and then I can uninstall it and run the pump and fan settings from BIOS, I'll be fine with it

My questions for the owners of similar setups:

1) What are your full load CPU and GPU temps?
2) Should I go for 280mm CPU + air-cooled GPU or consider an alternative option such as 140mm Kraken X42 + Hybrid EVGA?
3) If the kraken cannot be controlled without the CAM software, which do you think is the best AIO brand?
4) Any suggestions or remarks regarding the parts I listed above?
I would recommend a few changes:
  • B550 motherboard - The X570 boards are pricier and offer no real benefits to ITX systems. In fact, the B550 boards are almost better across the board than their X570 predecessors, and cheaper to boot. The B550 boards will support your 4.0 and 3.0 M.2 SSDs just fine (since the 2nd M.2 slot on B550 boards only does PCI 3.0).
  • You do not need the 2080 Super for WOW, and it depends what acceleration your CAD workload will give you. If you are using mainly CUDA workloads, check out this Gamers Nexus video showing that the EVGA 2060 KO is actually a 2080 under the covers and performs similarly in professional applications. It might save you a huge chunk of change.
  • You can most certainly do with a 600W PSU, especially if you drop the GPU to a lower model.
  • I would suggest the Fractal Design S28+ Dynamic over the NZXT if you are trying to avoid CAM. The Fractal cooler is a similar Asetek-based model, should fit the SM580 just fine, and includes a fan hub that just runs off PWM (or in full-auto) instead of requiring particular software.

justin_ST

Chassis Packer
Jul 15, 2020
Hello Everyone!

I'm looking to move to a SM560 here soon but looking for someone who may already have some experience with thermals in this case. I'll be using all vented panels with air cooling. My main question is regarding static pressure versus airflow optimized fans and whether to use them as intake or exhaust at the bottom. From what I've read so far, using the two 120mm as an exhaust seems to be the way to go. If I use them as exhuast, do you guys think it would be best to use static pressure or air flow optimized fans. I'm leaning towards the static pressure ones since the case is so small but looking for any advice or real world experience.

Here's my current build I'll be moving over (mostly)
Case: Lian Li TU 150 --> SLIGER SM560
MB: Gigabyte x570 I Aorus Pro Wifi
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Chromax --> Noctua L9A-AM4 (Chromax replacing 14mm deep fan with 25mm deep fan)
GPU: MSI 2070 Super Gaming X
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB PC3200
PSU: Corsair SF750
Fans: Corsair LL120 (1 in, 1 out) --> possibly updating to Noctua fans but not sure which ones yet...

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Justin

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
Hello Everyone!

I'm looking to move to a SM560 here soon but looking for someone who may already have some experience with thermals in this case. I'll be using all vented panels with air cooling. My main question is regarding static pressure versus airflow optimized fans and whether to use them as intake or exhaust at the bottom. From what I've read so far, using the two 120mm as an exhaust seems to be the way to go. If I use them as exhuast, do you guys think it would be best to use static pressure or air flow optimized fans. I'm leaning towards the static pressure ones since the case is so small but looking for any advice or real world experience.

Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Chromax --> Noctua L9A-AM4 (Chromax replacing 14mm deep fan with 25mm deep fan)
Fans: Corsair LL120 (1 in, 1 out) --> possibly updating to Noctua fans but not sure which ones yet...

Justin
I think you'd actually want airflow in your case since you're drawing the air out. If you were doing the setup as intake fans, static pressure would help expel the air through the vented sides.

Reactions: justin_ST

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Hello Everyone!

Justin
If you are using vented side panels, it would be best to use case fans as exhaust. That said, the NF-A12x25 or the Arctic P12 PWM would both probably the best options as they do both jobs extremely well.