Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Oh ok. So what was that about the noise level when set to pull in the previous posts above? Any idea?

Noise levels and sound signature are hard to measure unless you have the equipment and an experimental controls for them. My comment above was my experience with them pushing/pulling through a Corsair H100i in a Fractal Define R5. That said, it could be different for radiators of different thicknesses/FPI in different chassis, both in absolute amplitude and frequency spectra, depending on the aerodynamic impedance and vorticity character.

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
Oh ok. So what was that about the noise level when set to pull in the previous posts above? Any idea?

That was me saying my experience about these fans in pull mode on my ncase m1. There could be other factors like the radiator type or who knows, but in my case theres no doubt that it´s more noisy with fans in pull.

Any way if you are planning to change it... just do it and come here later, comment your experience about it. I dont think it´s a deal breaker difference anyway.

edit: the above poster and me were replying at the same time, we say more or less the same.

rustyspoon

Efficiency Noob
Oct 15, 2019
@KSliger would there ever be any plans / potential to do these cases is a brushed aluminum / stainless steel finish?

and if there is not could there be the possibility of a metallic paint run?

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
@KSliger Do you know which length I should buy for this riser to use in the SM560? the 30cm is ok?? Thanks!

I've tried this riser and it does not fully work with PCIe 4.0, you will get 15 to 25 FPS when using it in most games. (Tested with ASUS X570 and 5700XT)

Contacted them and they say there will be a new version that works with GPUs in December.

We use 25cm and it is a bit longer than needed, 30cm will be really long.

@KSliger would there ever be any plans / potential to do these cases is a brushed aluminum / stainless steel finish?

and if there is not could there be the possibility of a metallic paint run?

Not currently planned - but might look into it next year depending on some other projects.

raulnorry

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 17, 2018
Finally finished my custom loop in SM580, waiting for Ampere to add another radiator and 3080Ti.
Right now it's 9900k@5GHz and 2080Ti @1860MHz

I love how the extra thick radiator fills in all the extra vertical space in the case! That's one of my pet peeves with a lot of the stock AIO builds, they leave that huge gap between the rad/fans and the top of the motherboard.

srekal34

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2019
@raulnorry
Yes, its super thick for this case! 45mm. I was hesitant at first because I thought it will put too much stress on the riser but everything is working fine.
Hopefully Noctua finally releases a14x25 quite soon as there are no good fans in this size.

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Looks amazing! I've been impatiently waiting for mine to show up, but Colorado's weather gods have prevented FedEx from delivering it for the past 3 days. Hopefully today is finally the day.

Or maybe not... now FedEx is asserting that the package hasn't been scanned since Tuesday and they have no idea where it is. Someone from their claims department should contact me sometime later today. This definitely turned into a whole fiasco =(

Edit: Spoke with the claims rep, apparently all FedEx Ground stations in Co are behind, and they stopped scanning packages during the winter storm unless they were marked Express. She relayed that it's FedEx's standard procedure that basic ground shipping receives lowest priority, and any weather/event delay requires 48 hours before anyone higher up gets involved. Said they'd call me back on Monday "if there are any developments".

Lesson learned today: If you want something to show up when scheduled, pay for expedited shipping, else FedEx gives precisely zero fucks.

Last edited:

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
To all those considering using a 645LT, be warned that you might end up with a very noisy pump. Unfortunately, that's my situation. My pump is incessantly noisy in an incredibly sharp and annoying way. I've included a video below of the noise that is haunting my life. It's not the soft humming, it's that unbearable whirring that's coming from the pump, and it's driving me crazy. Even with quite heavy headphones on, I can hear it, as it oscillates between being quiet and ramping up (no matter what curves I have it set to, it seems) - obviously I can't hear it with music going, but any pause reminds me of the noise.

I haven't tried contacting Asetek for an RMA, as I'm not sure if this is really unusual. If anyone thinks it's worth me trying, let me know, because I'm not sure what's par for the course on this type of thing.

Regardless, I am planning on immediately jumping ship to whatever Sliger comes up with for their M1 competitor. This pump noise is a total dealbreaker for me on this case, which is a real shame.
Just received my 645LT today. Definitely it's not quiet at full speed, however my sample is not producing "hissing" noise you report.

Nugget

Trash Compacter
Mar 9, 2019
Just received my 645LT today. Definitely it's not quiet at full speed, however my sample is not producing "hissing" noise you report.
Yeah, it seems my pump is a bit of an anomaly. My post was more to highlight that it's possible to receive one like that (and maybe even to encourage the coming M1 competitor ?). Would you be able to get a video so I can hear how different it sounds?

Reactions: MarcParis

rustyspoon

Efficiency Noob
Oct 15, 2019
@raulnorry
Yes, its super thick for this case! 45mm. I was hesitant at first because I thought it will put too much stress on the riser but everything is working fine.
Hopefully Noctua finally releases a14x25 quite soon as there are no good fans in this size.
Contacted Noctua on this, unfortunately they are aiming for Q1 2021. Considering this is a delay from their prior 2020 Q1, god knows when it will actually arrive. Love their products, but man they take a while to arrive.
Heck the Chronomax a12x25 haven't arrived yet, and that is literally just changing the colour of the plastic!

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Yeah, it seems my pump is a bit of an anomaly. My post was more to highlight that it's possible to receive one like that (and maybe even to encourage the coming M1 competitor ?). Would you be able to get a video so I can hear how different it sounds?
Will try tomorrow.

Reactions: Nugget

kevindd992002

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
Yes it's definitely the best answer...;) Try and see if there is any noticeable difference..;) (My bet is "No")

Ok, I just tried doing this now in my SM570 case and it failed :)

With the fans in pull, the radiator sits too low in an SM570 and interferes with the PSU bracket. The radiator is already mounted all the way to the front side of the bracket. @KSliger, do you have any suggestions for this?

Reactions: MarcParis

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Ok, I just tried doing this now in my SM570 case and it failed :)

With the fans in pull, the radiator sits too low in an SM570 and interferes with the PSU bracket. The radiator is already mounted all the way to the front side of the bracket. @KSliger, do you have any suggestions for this?
Ahah indeed no comparison possible as it’s not fitting inside sm570...:)
Anyway keep push & extract mode, it will work just as fine..:)