Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
True. I was planning on putting good fans on the 280mm. I think that would re-widen the gap.
Lol question is : what are good 140mm radiator fans?...:) Vardar are good performer but quite noisy..:) what will be your choice? It could be nh a12-25 with 140 adaptor..:)

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
Lol question is : what are good 140mm radiator fans?...:) Vardar are good performer but quite noisy..:) what will be your choice? It could be nh a12-25 with 140 adaptor..:)
Have you seen that theres a nh a12_25 but in 140mm version on the works? They says its for 2021

Nugget

Trash Compacter
Mar 9, 2019
To all those considering using a 645LT, be warned that you might end up with a very noisy pump. Unfortunately, that's my situation. My pump is incessantly noisy in an incredibly sharp and annoying way. I've included a video below of the noise that is haunting my life. It's not the soft humming, it's that unbearable whirring that's coming from the pump, and it's driving me crazy. Even with quite heavy headphones on, I can hear it, as it oscillates between being quiet and ramping up (no matter what curves I have it set to, it seems) - obviously I can't hear it with music going, but any pause reminds me of the noise.

I haven't tried contacting Asetek for an RMA, as I'm not sure if this is really unusual. If anyone thinks it's worth me trying, let me know, because I'm not sure what's par for the course on this type of thing.

Regardless, I am planning on immediately jumping ship to whatever Sliger comes up with for their M1 competitor. This pump noise is a total dealbreaker for me on this case, which is a real shame.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: wsgroves

Alex Permit

Cable Smoosher
Oct 27, 2019
To all those considering using a 645LT, be warned that you might end up with a very noisy pump. Unfortunately, that's my situation. My pump is incessantly noisy in an incredibly sharp and annoying way. I've included a video below of the noise that is haunting my life. It's not the soft humming, it's that unbearable whirring that's coming from the pump, and it's driving me crazy. Even with quite heavy headphones on, I can hear it, as it oscillates between being quiet and ramping up (no matter what curves I have it set to, it seems) - obviously I can't hear it with music going, but any pause reminds me of the noise.

I haven't tried contacting Asetek for an RMA, as I'm not sure if this is really unusual. If anyone thinks it's worth me trying, let me know, because I'm not sure what's par for the course on this type of thing.

Regardless, I am planning on immediately jumping ship to whatever Sliger comes up with for their M1 competitor. This pump noise is a total dealbreaker for me on this case, which is a real shame.

That would drive me crazy. From what I gather, the Astek pump on the 645 can not be controlled, and always spins at 100%. Luckily the pump on their rebranded Corsair and Kraken units can be controlled.

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
If you mean a 140mm version of the NF-A12x25, there already is a NF-A14x25. Did you mean a 140mm version of the high static pressure NF-F12? That would be great news!

Yes, there is a NFA 14 but it´s nothing like the NFA 12. What they are going to do is release a 14 cm fan with the fan blade shape and characteristics similar with a nf a12, which for me is a trully great idea.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
The Noctua NF-A14, assuming I can set the can curve to 500 rpm. Or the redux
Have you seen that theres a nh a12_25 but in 140mm version on the works? They says its for 2021
Yes, there is a NFA 14 but it´s nothing like the NFA 12. What they are going to do is release a 14 cm fan with the fan blade shape and characteristics similar with a nf a12, which for me is a trully great idea.

In fact Noctua 140mm sterrox should come to 2021...time to beat performance of NH A12x25 (sterrox 120mm) with 140mm bracket https://noctua.at/en/na-sfma1

This combo NH-A12x25+NA-SFMA1 is pretty efficient and quiet..;D

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016

Thanks for sharing your experience.

This Asetek 645LT pump noise is my biggest concern about AIO globally (not only Asetek, also from alphacool or coolit). I love my apogee drive II featuring a DDC pump spinning at 1200rpm...absolutely inaudible....but that's for my cerberus-X. (my C14-S is working also like a charm..;))

Now for SM550 I decided to give a try to 645LT as it could be way better cooling (and/or RAM compatiblity) than aircooler in this case. I'll let you know how pump will behave as soon as my setup will be ready (by Nov I hope..;))

kevindd992002

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
Wait, what? I'm planning to switch my NF-A12x25 fans from push to pull on my Corsair H100i Pro in an SM570 case to give more slack to the tubes and to be able to route them around the PSU better. So that would create more noise significantly? I thought pull is better than push in terms of noise profile :( That's a total bummer.

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017

I've got a pair of 140mm Noiseblock Eloops that I'm going to try with the EVGA CLC 280. They are 28mm thick, up from the usual 25mm, but they served me as fantastically quiet case fans in the past. I also picked up a pair of the Artic Bionix 140's to see how they compare since there was a killer deal on them (10$/unit) a few weeks back, and reviews showed them to be solid contenders. Case comes tomorrow (weather permitting), so I'll hopefully be able to let you know soon.

Wait, what? I'm planning to switch my NF-A12x25 fans from push to pull on my Corsair H100i Pro in an SM570 case to give more slack to the tubes and to be able to route them around the PSU better. So that would create more noise significantly? I thought pull is better than push in terms of noise profile :( That's a total bummer.

Noise profiles are usually rather fan dependent, some models are quieter in pull, others in push. My experience with the A12x25 is that they are quieter in push (you also get the benefit of the radiator buffering the sound), but the NF-F12s for example are better in pull.

tuanster1119

Caliper Novice
Mar 14, 2019
That would drive me crazy. From what I gather, the Astek pump on the 645 can not be controlled, and always spins at 100%. Luckily the pump on their rebranded Corsair and Kraken units can be controlled.

This isn't true, I have a 645 and I can control the pump speed with my Corsair Commander Pro.

Reactions: xSDMx

Nugget

Trash Compacter
Mar 9, 2019
This isn't true, I have a 645 and I can control the pump speed with my Corsair Commander Pro.
Same here. You can control how much voltage the pump receives. Here's another delightful video of me ramping mine up to 100% - you'll hear it stop a few seconds in, then start whirring like crazy. I also throttle it back down really low at the end of the video.

When it's throttled way down, my 3700X idles at around 65 or 70c.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Same here. You can control how much voltage the pump receives. Here's another delightful video of me ramping mine up to 100% - you'll hear it stop a few seconds in, then start whirring like crazy. I also throttle it back down really low at the end of the video.

When it's throttled way down, my 3700X idles at around 65 or 70c.
Your pump noise tone is pretty at high speed. Are you not able to find rpm that is not bother you?
I'm planning to use 7v adapter on 645LT to see if it's enough to work properlly or not.

Nugget

Trash Compacter
Mar 9, 2019
Your pump noise tone is pretty at high speed. Are you not able to find rpm that is not bother you?
I'm planning to use 7v adapter on 645LT to see if it's enough to work properlly or not.
No matter how I adjust my curves, the reality is that having it at a lower voltage makes the temperature creep back up, so eventually it's going to return to getting louder anyway. Even if the curve is really smooth, it's still audible whenever it changes voltages at all, on top of being consistently more noisy the higher the voltage is.

Reactions: MarcParis

kevindd992002

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018

@MarcParis?

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
On my previous watercooling setups I always used either full push/pull or pull setup (never push alone).
In terms of noise level, to be honest I never noticed a massive change.
However in terms of performance gentle typhoon or noctua sterrox are sligthly better in pull (1-2°C)

No matter how I adjust my curves, the reality is that having it at a lower voltage makes the temperature creep back up, so eventually it's going to return to getting louder anyway. Even if the curve is really smooth, it's still audible whenever it changes voltages at all, on top of being consistently more noisy the higher the voltage is.
Understood. Pump is becoming only effective while spinning at higher RPM. I will check with my setup once received

kevindd992002

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
On my previous watercooling setups I always used either full push/pull or pull setup (never push alone).
In terms of noise level, to be honest I never noticed a massive change.
However in terms of performance gentle typhoon or noctua sterrox are sligthly better in pull (1-2°C)

Understood. Pump is becoming only effective while spinning at higher RPM. I will check with my setup once received

Oh ok. So what was that about the noise level when set to pull in the previous posts above? Any idea?