Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
@TheCrimsonRL my psu fan faces the gpu with vented panels and it gets pretty hot.
I think some new bios may be ready for some of the x570 boards. The gigabyte itx released a new bios yesterday, F4j:

1. Update AGESA 1.0.0.3 ABB
  2. Improve Destiny 2 gaming compatibility
  3. Improve XMP DDR compatibility

I know a few here run it.

Last edited:

NHarmonia

Cable Smoosher
Jul 21, 2019
@TheCrimsonRL my psu fan faces the gpu with vented panels and it gets pretty hot.
I think some new bios may be ready for some of the x570 boards. The gigabyte itx released a new bios yesterday, F4j:

Thank you!
My build(3700x-5700XT) had been crashing 30 seconds into the boot every time! I put it together 2 days ago, and updated to F4i too, but it still kept bsod'ing. Didn't check again to see F4j being available!
It's been 10 mins now without any bsod's. Fingers crossed haha

HyGRADE_HyDRO

Caliper Novice
Jul 25, 2019
Hey everyone, quick question about GPU cooling. I have an asus 1080ti blower style which was attached to a kraken g12+120 aio cooler. I can no longer mount the aio in the sliger sm580. Blower style gpu coolers are the worse. Does anyone have experience with the artic accelero gpu cooler? Can anyone give a recommendation on how effective they are?

KingSpades

Average Stuffer
Apr 23, 2018
Hey everyone, quick question about GPU cooling. I have an asus 1080ti blower style which was attached to a kraken g12+120 aio cooler. I can no longer mount the aio in the sliger sm580. Blower style gpu coolers are the worse. Does anyone have experience with the artic accelero gpu cooler? Can anyone give a recommendation on how effective they are?

I do, will let you know tomorrow when I assemble

Reactions: CountNoctua

TheCrimsonRL

Chassis Packer
May 22, 2019

I'm using a 750 watt psu and a 2080ti and 3900x. Are you using as much power as I am/ is your PSU as beefy as mine?

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
@TheCrimsonRL I just run a 3700x with Strix 2080 Ti. I also have the SF750. All I run is a nvme drive and a corsair light controller with 2 strips and a couple external drives. The psu gets hot with the fan facing the gpu..more hot than I have really ever felt the outside of a psu casing get.
I have it rigged though at the moment with a large Noc cooler with that side of the case off because I don't see it with how it sits on my desk haha. Waiting for them
to get some of the bugs worked out with the bios to hopefully bring operating temps down a little.

The artic accelero coolers work good. I had them on a 980 sli setup or 980 Ti. I can't remember. Have had a lot of things over the years haha. They were nice and quiet. Royal pain to install with the heatsinks being glued on and drying. Wat not real fun to remove.

Last edited:

aslidop

Chassis Packer
Jun 1, 2019

I've got a Founders Edition RTX 2080 with a G12 + G55 in my SM580 right now. It was a HUGE pain to get installed (you essentially put it in sideways, then finagle one tube on each side of the case spine), but I did manage it. I'll be disassembling a bittomorrow as my pslate cables just arrived so I can take some pictures for you then. That said, I did go ahead and order an Accelero III as I do not like how tight the H55 pipes are and I'm worried one of the connections will eventually bust. That, and I hate all the excessive PWM cabling and piping it creates.

HyGRADE_HyDRO

Caliper Novice
Jul 25, 2019
I do, will let you know tomorrow when I assemble
I've got a Founders Edition RTX 2080 with a G12 + G55 in my SM580 right now. It was a HUGE pain to get installed (you essentially put it in sideways, then finagle one tube on each side of the case spine), but I did manage it. I'll be disassembling a bittomorrow as my pslate cables just arrived so I can take some pictures for you then. That said, I did go ahead and order an Accelero III as I do not like how tight the H55 pipes are and I'm worried one of the connections will eventually bust. That, and I hate all the excessive PWM cabling and piping it creates.

Hi, Please let me know results once installed. i am very interested in this product.

porksmash

Minimal Tinkerer
May 19, 2019
I'd like to use a mini-DTX board in the SM570 - does anyone know if that affects the compatibility with 240mm radiators or the fan mounts on the bottom?

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
@porksmash I have not payed much attention because im not grabbing that Asus board but doesnt it extend lower than regular itx boards? Well, higher when it is upside down.

thewave1408

Caliper Novice
Apr 4, 2019
Just to confirm:

Low profile SATA cables/connectors do not make the AsRock X570 ITX board compatible with this case. It's impossible to add any sata drives if you're using that motherboard with the SM580 (and presumably all the SM series cases)

I'm going to be returning the X570 and just using my AsRock B450 board. I'm a big fan of AsRock but they made a lot of questionable choices with this board.

Also, side note, I'm not sure what wizardry was used to get the Corsair H115i into the SM580 but I couldn't make it happen with 2 hours of work. I'm just going to cave and get an NZXT X62

miklovin

Cable Smoosher
Jan 5, 2019

I have the MSI Aero 2070 blower card. I replaced it with the Arctic Accelero Extreme III. Much quieter and better cooling.

Last edited: