Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

wkarma

Caliper Novice
Jul 3, 2019
KSliger has been at quakecon all week and is probably traveling home today. I'd imagine communication will be back to normal this week.

blakedabarbarian

Trash Compacter
Jul 4, 2019
That's a bummer. From my own experience, I haven't observed much difference between each of the C7 variants. I have noticed the 92mm AIO (545 version) is slightly better than my C7(regular or copper) by only a few degrees. Is your 92mm fan set to intake?
Nope, I have the fan on my 645 set to exhaust, like my case fan. When I had two case fans there was a significant difference in thermals between intake vs exhaust. I have both vented panels. Should it be intake?

Reactions: KSliger

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
Nope, I have the fan on my 645 set to exhaust, like my case fan. When I had two case fans there was a significant difference in thermals between intake vs exhaust. I have both vented panels. Should it be intake?

With a top down air cooler exhaust works exceptionally well in these cases because the direction of the airflow is pulling air in through the sides and directly into the cpu cooler. However, with an AIO by running the fans in exhaust what you're doing is pulling the hot air from the GPU and PSU into your radiator. Generally you could expect significantly better CPU temps by running your AIO as intake.

Reactions: Nanook

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
He got one thing right, though. They are pretty cheap screws. I just finished drilling one out of the PCIE bracket. Thankfully the hole retained its thread so I could replace it and secure my graphics card properly.
Really? I have probably had my case disassembled and reassembled 20 times and all my screws are still like new.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
thanks for the coupon ! still, i wish there was a colour option on the anti-vandal switch, black would look better when paired with white panels.

I tried a black anodize switch at one point, the black on it did not look good on the black powder coat (switch looked like it someone was trying to hard to go all black) so I never fully committed to it.

Can they do that ? Frankly, i have not ordered mine yet, these little details keep me from deciding. For a while i almost ordered the ncase m1, but the gpu thermals are better in a sandwich layout, and i like the robust look that the sliger cases have. It is not that i will use the system for gpu heavy tasks, but still. Also, my graphic card has an unique blue metallic finish and i would like to show it!

We can ship without switch, only takes $7 off though as they're a really cheap part of the case. Might be better to just take it to have while you get a replacement.

What?! I ordered the case last week because @KSliger said that the QuakeCon promo wouldn't apply to the SM570/580's. C'mon :(

It wasn't supposed to be, and then print shop copy pasted same code onto all flyers so we just went with it.

Right, yeah. I just emailed them. I was actually emailing them a couple of times now, without any response, regarding my order :(

Same here :\

Well, I've had Kahlin, Chris, sales, and orders in that email, so.. I didm't include support though.

You guys think they pick up calls during the weekends?

Sorry we're way behind on emails between the big order rush -> me sickness -> vacations / training new people - > QuakeCon all in like 3 weeks.

For email support@sliger.com and sales@sliger.com go to Jack - he's our new technical questions & support help. Will also be Carla, Chris, Norah, and I all helping get caught up / responding on the orders@sliger.com and then anything direct to me.

We also 100% get to phone calls.

Is there a chance of a push-pull configuration (on an AIO) working inside the SM580? I would assume it’s not likely, but the thought had crossed my mind.

Yes, you will need a 21mm or thinner radiator though as the total height of the radiator area is 72mm, less 21mm = 2x 25mm fans and 1mm clearance.

So, on the SM580... I’m struggling to get the top panel off. I have (what appears to be) all side and rear screws removed. The other panels were a little difficult to take off, as I’m sure the manufacturing process made for a tight finish.

Am I wrong in assuming that it comes off in the first place? I’m just a little apprehensive about where to apply leverage to separate the panel from the chassis itself. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

There are 2 screws on front, 2 screws on rear, and two on sides of the rear. The 4 screws along the top center (2 each side) hold on the radiator mount bracket.

You do not want to remove the colored top panel held on by the hex nuts as the imgur album does unless you are absolutely not able to fit your radiator thickness and don't mind screws showing out the top.

How much space is under the psu bracket? How much space is left between a 25 mm thick fan mounted there and the bottom of the spine is what I'm looking for.

Not clear on this question, maybe this answers it? These dimensions are same on SM570/SM580

Exhaust will be slightly better temperatures / lower noise.

Ahh, that would explain it...
My unit did NOT ship with the mounting bracket. I have spent the last hour racking my brain, under the assumption that I was too dense to understand this case's layout.
Yikes. Thank you for pointing that out. I searched my packing, the contents that were inside the case, etc. - nowhere to be found.
Unfortunate.
I sincerely hope that works like a plate, cupping around the PSU as opposed to something that needs to be mounted first and then having to slide the PSU into place... because I already have everything else in the build completed.

Indeed. It's been discussed on numerous occasions within this thread. I guess they haven't been following it. ?‍♂️

Contact us, there was a batch of the units that missed their PSU mount bracket and some that missed the top radiator mount bracket. Very sorry on this we were training new people while out experienced people for illness or vacations, made a lot more work for ourselves.

He got one thing right, though. They are pretty cheap screws. I just finished drilling one out of the PCIE bracket. Thankfully the hole retained its thread so I could replace it and secure my graphics card properly.

Are you using the correct head on the screw driver? (Feels snug when in the screw?)

We've been getting a lot of reports lately of screw problems which is a bummer, screws seem fine on our testing / assembly but

Would people be opposed to stainless steel screws? Suck to work with, but zero chance of stripping.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Not clear on this question, maybe this answers it? These dimensions are same on SM570/SM580

Would people be opposed to stainless steel screws? Suck to work with, but zero chance of stripping.

Yep! That under spine clearance PSU side is what I was asking about! Thank you!

I personally don't mind stainless screws

Edit: @KSliger is this clearance the same for SM550/560?

Last edited:
Reactions: CountNoctua

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Yes, changing the AIO fan to be intake would help CPU temperatures quite a bit. The two case fans as exhaust can help improve GPU and motherboard temps. Keep us posted on your findings!

Reactions: CountNoctua

thoughtfix

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
Are you using the correct head on the screw driver? (Feels snug when in the screw?)

We've been getting a lot of reports lately of screw problems which is a bummer, screws seem fine on our testing / assembly but

There is SOME possibility that I used the wrong THREAD for the PCIE backplate, but that should just jam and not break. The driver fit fine. It didn't strip at the screwdriver - it just plain broke.

Also - welcome back!