Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

pslate

Caliper Novice
May 17, 2018
To make it look like the picture you posted, which cables are needed for that?

24 pin and 8 pin CPU/EPS for the motherboard and PCIE cables needed are dependent on the GPU model you have. And you can add on SATA cables for any 2.5" or 3.5" drives.

Are you cables shorter that the stock ones ?

Yep, there was a great reddit post yesterday with some comparison pictures. Those are the unsleeved cables for the Dan, but the SM series cables are essentially the same length wise.

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
i was hoping to do a custom loop in a 580 but i'm starting to doubt if this possible. just not sure where you can fit a pump in there. seems like not enough room for an apogee drive either.

Somewhere earlier in the thread Ksliger posted a 3D render of the 580 with a pump in it. Looked like he had it mounted above the GPU on the GPU side of the case.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
See I’m running in an SM560, and I didn’t have that option, is this available to purchase separately?

You will have to ask @KSliger about that. 550/560 appear to have the same type A/C usb as the 570/580 but don't have the option of choosing the internal header type, not sure if they are using the same one or not.

Only certain Intel boards ? Does the AsRock Phantom ITX have it ? If not, should I be getting the No IO panel ? Or does the 19 pin also work for Intel, and that's the one I should be getting ?

Sorry the Asrock does not have that header. This is still a bit of an oddball header and not much used. The Asus z270, z370 and z390 all have this header. The only other itx boards I have seen it on is the Gigabyte z390 and the EVGA h370 Stinger.

You need to look for this type of header. So far I have not seen this header on any AMD itx boards.

kevindd992002

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
For the 550 and 560 going with both panels vented and all fans configured as exhaust gave the best temps. However, we don't know if that's necessarily still true for the 570 and 580 since they are larger and intended to be used with liquid cooling setups. Ksliger supposedly will be publishing test results with different cooling setups sometime in the next week, so we will have to wait a little before we know for sure what the optimal panel setup is. Most likely going vented with fans as exhaust is going to be best though.

I was hoping that the results can come on before the current $17 promo ends on July 10 though. If I go with an AIO setup for the CPU, won't I be fine if I just go with vented GPU side panel and windowed/unvented on the CPU side panel?

Also, what dust filters should we use with these cases? I still don't see DemciFlex filters for the sm570/580. And I guess there won't be a Demciflex filters if I add a handle to the case, will there?

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
You're actually right. That's a bummer!

Ksliger mentioned in another thread that they were going to have a coupon code available when QuakeCon comes around at the end of this month, but didn't mention whether it would be applicable to the new cases or not. Considering that the front panel USB boards won't be available until next month at the soonest anyway, it may be worthwhile just to wait and see if the quakecon code will apply. Unless @KSliger would like to confirm right now whether or not it will be applicable to the SM570/580 to assuage any concerns about when to buy.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
As far as I'm aware the "AMERICANMADE" coupon won't apply to the SM570/SM580. At the least it doesn't change the total in my cart when I checked.

Confirming the AMERICANMADE coupon is for Cerb/CerbX/SM550/SM560.

Ksliger mentioned in another thread that they were going to have a coupon code available when QuakeCon comes around at the end of this month, but didn't mention whether it would be applicable to the new cases or not. Considering that the front panel USB boards won't be available until next month at the soonest anyway, it may be worthwhile just to wait and see if the quakecon code will apply. Unless @KSliger would like to confirm right now whether or not it will be applicable to the SM570/580 to assuage any concerns about when to buy.

Big maybe on a coupon for 570/80 at Quakecon. Going to be hard to keep stock on the 580 as is, almost sold out of them and already cut work orders to start making more on Monday.

Hey @KSliger which dust filters would you recommend for the 580 ? Would the 550 ones from DEMCIflex still fit ?

Also, what dust filters should we use with these cases? I still don't see DemciFlex filters for the sm570/580. And I guess there won't be a Demciflex filters if I add a handle to the case, will there?

Don't get the 550/560 filters for these, Demcifilter is working on 570 and 580 specific filters.

i was hoping to do a custom loop in a 580 but i'm starting to doubt if this possible. just not sure where you can fit a pump in there. seems like not enough room for an apogee drive either.

I'll get some layout ideas running and post some renders, there's a few spots to fit a pump or a pump/res.

For the Apogee drive I could probably CNC a replacement top plate to reduce the height on it to fit, or will talk to Swiftech if they can do it OEM.

See I’m running in an SM560, and I didn’t have that option, is this available to purchase separately?

These will be available for purchase seperately. Will also be updating the SM550 and SM560 pages to have the IO options, including the no-IO version.

I see. So AIO on top and exhaust fans on the bottom, you mean? I'm probably ok with just 240mm because I'm trying to make everything smaller as this build is for my sister.

@KSliger

If I pre-order a 570, when will I approximstely get it? I'm from the Philippines and will be in California for 2 weeks starting July 19 so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get it by then?

Also, will the 570 be able to fit (shipping box and all) in a big luggage?

We should be shipping SM570s late this week, and all of California is 1 or 2 days away from us (we're in Reno Nevada). Only thing is the front panel, I would recommend you go with no front panel IO to make this happen in time.

570 will totally fit in large luggage, it's not a whole lot bigger than an SM560 and those fit into small backpacks.

Is there a side by side picture of the 550/60s with the 570/80s?

Will get a better comparison picture done soon =]

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
I originally had it like that but it felt kinda plain. Will see how the SM570 / SM580 goes over and might change the 550/560 to the same style.

I realize you're very busy, and it might be too soon to tell... but with the option of no I/O being introduced, and seeing truly just how good the panels look on the SM570/580... do you know if this will also become an option for the SM550/560? I would 100% place my order, as both of these cosmetic choices have been all that's held me back from getting the SM550.

Also, congratulations on this SM series! It appears to have been incredibly well received, and rightfully so! You've done an incredible job with all of them so far!

kevindd992002

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
Confirming the AMERICANMADE coupon is for Cerb/CerbX/SM550/SM560.

Big maybe on a coupon for 570/80 at Quakecon. Going to be hard to keep stock on the 580 as is, almost sold out of them and already cut work orders to start making more on Monday.

Don't get the 550/560 filters for these, Demcifilter is working on 570 and 580 specific filters.

I'll get some layout ideas running and post some renders, there's a few spots to fit a pump or a pump/res.

For the Apogee drive I could probably CNC a replacement top plate to reduce the height on it to fit, or will talk to Swiftech if they can do it OEM.

These will be available for purchase seperately. Will also be updating the SM550 and SM560 pages to have the IO options, including the no-IO version.

We should be shipping SM570s late this week, and all of California is 1 or 2 days away from us (we're in Reno Nevada). Only thing is the front panel, I would recommend you go with no front panel IO to make this happen in time.

570 will totally fit in large luggage, it's not a whole lot bigger than an SM560 and those fit into small backpacks.

Will get a better comparison picture done soon =]

Thanks for confirming.

I'd really like to buy one SM570 now. Can you confirm if two vented panels is the way to go for best temps considering I'll be using an AIO for the CPU?

As for the front panel, I would still want one. If all else fails and it doesn't reach me ont time, I can always have you ship it to another CA address when I'm no longer there. It's included in the price anyway so might as well get it.

Will there be Demciflex filter options for when the sm570 has a handle?

I wouldn't run one at all. I had a older version of the dem filters and they were way too restrictive for my liking.

I did read in the past that they are restrictive. Do you have any other alternative suggestions then? It would be really hard to run these without filters. Dust is very ramoant everywhere in our place.

arjan2856

Cable Smoosher
Jul 16, 2018
I wouldn't run one at all. I had a older version of the dem filters and they were way too restrictive for my liking.
Every filter is restrictive...that's why it filters ? Your advice of not using one makes no sense as it depends on your use case. In dusty environments a dust filter is more then beneficial. I personally only used cases with filters. If you game with a headset on it's not a problem the fans need to work harder, if you do video editing without a headset maybe the extra noise is disturbing. All depends on the user and it's nice demcifilters gives us the option.

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
Makes perfect sense as you say, in my use case. You hit the nail on the head with the word personal haha.
Dust isn't an issue for me.
Have you ever used a DEM filter before?

Side note, My 3700x should arrive Tuesday. Had to go with newegg, who I hate. Couldn't find it anywhere else this morning.

blakedabarbarian

Trash Compacter
Jul 4, 2019
Makes perfect sense as you say, in my use case. You hit the nail on the head with the word personal haha.
Dust isn't an issue for me.
Have you ever used a DEM filter before?

Side note, My 3700x should arrive Tuesday. Had to go with newegg, who I hate. Couldn't find it anywhere else this morning.
What cpu cooler are you planning to run in the SM560 for the 3700x??
Ordered mine this morning as well, now I wait for x570-i boards.

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
@blakedabarbarian the Cryorig C7 G. From what I can tell, the reports on it being way way better than the regular C7 are misguided. Someone said they had a 9900k on it and it never went above 69. I don't buy it. It's better but not way way way better.
It will however be good for the 65w tdp cpu's.
Im gonna hold off on motherboard atm. Reports say little to no performance difference between the current x470 and x570 boards.

blakedabarbarian

Trash Compacter
Jul 4, 2019
@blakedabarbarian the Cryorig C7 G. From what I can tell, the reports on it being way way better than the regular C7 are misguided. Someone said they had a 9900k on it and it never went above 69. I don't buy it. It's better but not way way way better.
It will however be good for the 65w tdp cpu's.
Im gonna hold off on motherboard atm. Reports say little to no performance difference between the current x470 and x570 boards.
Man, your setup and mine are looking so similar, lol. I went for a c7g as well as the TDP seemed promising. Was trying to avoid having to move to the Asetek at all costs.
Problem is I'm coming from Skylake. 6700k. This will be my first Ryzen chip, so I have no means of updating a 470 board. </3