Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

Jibbajabbawockers

Average Stuffer
May 2, 2019
Oops, there is a 3.5" HDD bracket for the SM580 - I just incorrectly labelled the 120mm offset adapter and forgot to include that adapter can mount 1x 3.5" HDD instead of a fan.

If you want 3.5" HDD in bottom = add a 120mm bottom adapter to order. We can manually fix orders on Monday to add them as well.

Awesome, thanks!

Just ordered my 580 and added the 120mm adapter like you mentioned for the 3.5" HDD on the bottom. Only thing is that I don't know that it showed up in the final receipt? On the main configuration page it tallied up the extra $10 for the 120mm adapter but on checkout it was $10 less and didn't look like the 120 mm adapter was on the final order summary for the case?

Nugget

Trash Compacter
Mar 9, 2019
This is my plan as well! That chip is just such good value, and coming from a 6700k I couldnt be more excited!!
I'm coming from a 6700K as well. Any idea what ballpark of an improvement you're expecting? Trying to pick out what Ryzen CPU I want! I do a lot of code compiling so some speed would be nice. Kind of a hard decision!

Eagerly waiting for order page to go up! Here's my expected set-up, anything I should change? Going for an almost all-out build (aka not going for 3950X or 2080 Ti... yet):

Case: Sliger SM580 - White
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix X570-I Gaming
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 CL16
PSU: Corsair SF600 Platinum w/ pslate custom cables
GPU: NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2080 FE
Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 2TB

Cooling:
  • Windowed panel on motherboard side
  • Vented panel on GPU side
  • NZXT Kraken x62 mounted top of case as exhaust
  • NZXT G12 + Corsair H55i + Noctua NF-F12 PWM chromax.Black.swap mounted bottom of case as intake
  • Noctua NF-A14 PWM chromax.Black.swap mounted bottom of case as intake
All other PCs in the house are SFF (1xNode 202 as HTPC/VR machine, 2xSG13 for kids' gaming PCs), but I'm finally ditching fullsize on my main workstation for the first time since I built my first PC back in 1995. Also really excited about the new Ryzen chips - trying to cool my TR 1950x has been a challenge!
Sounds like an awesome build, I'll probably be following right in your footsteps. Keep us updated!

@KSliger this poor guy went to sleep one minute before they were up, if you want to save him one, haha.Thanks for the hard work on a holiday! I think the level of customer support I've seen in this thread (and the great products) has won me over from getting an M1 :)

Last edited:
Reactions: KSliger

Rmorrison

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 30, 2019
Ordered! It has begun. Anyone else get the unpainted? really like the bare steel look but will prime and paint it up silver.

Reactions: KSliger

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
Don't have concerns. This case setup does amazing. My Strix 2080 Ti laughs at high temps in this case haha.
Just finished playing some FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION and my max gpu temp was 58c.

What is your panel configuration? Did you do both windowed/solid or did you go vented?

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
My 3D model says it will fit, but might require a slim fan on the back of the radiator depending on how thick the radiator is.

Could you possibly expand on this? If the X570 Crosshair VIII Impact fits in this case I would be very pleased. What would be the maximum thickness of radiator+fan that would fit?

Thinking about it though, the daughterboard for the M.2 drives probably wouldn't fit, would it?

Reactions: Rmorrison

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Thinking about it though, the daughterboard for the M.2 drives probably wouldn't fit, would it?
I believe the SODIMM.2 board is >70mm tall which is way taller than the CPU cooler clearance for the board, so no M.2 with the C8I in the SM5x0 cases

KingSpades

Average Stuffer
Apr 23, 2018
I'm coming from a 6700K as well. Any idea what ballpark of an improvement you're expecting? Trying to pick out what Ryzen CPU I want! I do a lot of code compiling so some speed would be nice. Kind of a hard decision!

Sounds like an awesome build, I'll probably be following right in your footsteps. Keep us updated!

@KSliger this poor guy went to sleep one minute before they were up, if you want to save him one, haha.Thanks for the hard work on a holiday! I think the level of customer support I've seen in this thread (and the great products) has won me over from getting an M1 :)

I assure you I took one last glance from my phone before I finally closed my eyes and I'm ecstatic to announce that I got one ?

Reactions: KSliger and Nugget

kevindd992002

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 19, 2018
Which between the SM550/560/570/580 is recommended for a Ryzen 3000 CPU (with 240mm AIO or anything similar) and SFF GPU that will be used for light to medium rendering. Since the 570/580 are newer, do they have newer features (aside from their bigger size) compared with the older 550/560 that I need to know about?

CantingSoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 2, 2018
Which between the SM550/560/570/580 is recommended for a Ryzen 3000 CPU (with 240mm AIO or anything similar) and SFF GPU that will be used for light to medium rendering. Since the 570/580 are newer, do they have newer features (aside from their bigger size) compared with the older 550/560 that I need to know about?
The SM570/80 are able to use 240/280mm AIOs respectively along with fans on the bottom.

DaveMan20

Caliper Novice
May 12, 2018
Awesome, thanks!

Just ordered my 580 and added the 120mm adapter like you mentioned for the 3.5" HDD on the bottom. Only thing is that I don't know that it showed up in the final receipt? On the main configuration page it tallied up the extra $10 for the 120mm adapter but on checkout it was $10 less and didn't look like the 120 mm adapter was on the final order summary for the case?
Me too. Mine was $10 less and I can't see the adapter in the order.

Sahaj

Average Stuffer
Dec 10, 2017
Hey, @KSliger, nice work! Is the handle option coming back to the 550/560? How about the unpainted? Did you guys end up finishing setting up that prismatic paint thing? How does that work? Thanks!

Reactions: raulnorry

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
Do any of the upcoming X570 ITX boards support the USB-C header or will it be necessary to just use the combined 19 pin connector?

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
The Gigabyte, ASRock, and Asus strix itx boards all hace a usb-c port if thats what you're asking

No, I was looking to know if any of them had a header on the motherboard to plug the SM580's front panel USB-C into if I went with the option in which the front panel USB's each have their own separate connector.

Jibbajabbawockers

Average Stuffer
May 2, 2019
So in terms of cooling for the 570/580, what is the best fan setup? With the 580, I ordered both window panels, plus a 3.5" drive on the bottom and a 240mm AIO on the top. Would it be best to have the AIO fans set to exhaust air out and the 140mm fan on the bottom to set to take air in from the bottom? I think Optimum Tech found better temps on the 550 when setting everything to exhaust, but I don't know how that would work if I set the bottom fan to exhaust in my 580 setup?

I'll be curious how the temps are with the 2080 Ti I'm planning on- might end up getting the vented panels if temps are too crazy with both windowed.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
The main reason i am thinking to buy this case is the handle! Why did they make the sm550 and sm560 without the handle option?

They originally had handles, but there was a problem where the handle mount screws would potentially stab the riser cable inside the case - at the last minute we dropped handle support to prevent a possible riser RMA nightmare. Most likely a future version of the SM550/SM560 will have a small fix to make it so the screws can't hit the riser.

So in terms of cooling for the 570/580, what is the best fan setup? With the 580, I ordered both window panels, plus a 3.5" drive on the bottom and a 240mm AIO on the top. Would it be best to have the AIO fans set to exhaust air out and the 140mm fan on the bottom to set to take air in from the bottom? I think Optimum Tech found better temps on the 550 when setting everything to exhaust, but I don't know how that would work if I set the bottom fan to exhaust in my 580 setup?

I'll be curious how the temps are with the 2080 Ti I'm planning on- might end up getting the vented panels if temps are too crazy with both windowed.

I think top to bottom airflow, so that cool air pulls in through the radiator and exhausts out the bottom of case, will probably be the best temperatures.

Hey, @KSliger, nice work! Is the handle option coming back to the 550/560? How about the unpainted? Did you guys end up finishing setting up that prismatic paint thing? How does that work? Thanks!

Handle for the 550/560 is still in the works, not ready yet. Unpainted / no front IO will be an option for the SM560 shortly and then the SM550 after that.

The custom paint color option is what screwed up my schedule getting this posted. If you want a custom color email us order@sliger.com and we can set that up, options are any of the stock colors we keep (will make a chart) or any powder coat you buy and send us (we need 3lbs minimum to get powder coat machine to fire up).

Awesome, thanks!

Me too. Mine was $10 less and I can't see the adapter in the order.

Reply to the order confirmation email and mention this problem, we will try and hunt down and figure it out. Will get a PayPal invoice sent to fix it. Will check the site code later today to see if I see a cause.