Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
/snip

Handle will be our own design as well, needs a handle that looks good installed all the time.

Even better news, a handle!
I was thinking yesterday after I posted that there was no mention of a handle...
It's been asked before, and can't see the answer (please excuse andy forum blindness), what is the max height for a CPU cooler in the SM550 please?

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
+1^

Have a founders 1080 lying around and this is the case for it! I love the build quality of Cerberus and how rugged it is. REALLY hoping this happens!

Reactions: Arboreal

kageiit

Trash Compacter
Oct 5, 2018
Any idea if this is going to be available before black friday/thanksgiving weekend? Making purchase decisions on new sff mitx build and want to get this case if possible before then.

Last edited:

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
This one will be available before end of Oct, the other 5 cases I'm working on are set for before Black Friday.

When I post the update this weekend I will have a few prototypes I'd like to get rid of too.

First dibs goes to people on this forum.

kageiit

Trash Compacter
Oct 5, 2018
In terms of air cooling, is LP53 sufficient to tame a 9900k (which I'm planning to put in this case). Not planning on heavy oc. Maybe a modest 5ghz oc on all cores. Would be good to know what other options are there for cooling the CPU in this great case!

Since 9900k uses solder instead of goo, it should run pretty much like a delidded 8700k. Still may have to wait for proper benchmarks to be available.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
The LP53 should be able to handle it.

With the fans in bottom of this case you should be able to push that OC a bit too.

Problem my customer had with Dan A4 was that the NVME SSD on back of their boards would shut down the PC when too hot, and overall the whole case was too hot to touch - this was designed to fix those problems. Will have the testing completed this weekend to confirm the flow model.

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
That's excellent news!
@KSliger, I still can't see a CPU cooler height - what's the max please?
Prototypes sound interesting too :thumb::cool:
I have a prototype Parvum ITX which I used to go to LAN nights with.
Now looking for something smaller than my current SG13

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
That's excellent news!
@KSliger, I still can't see a CPU cooler height - what's the max please?
Prototypes sound interesting too :thumb::cool:
I have a prototype Parvum ITX which I used to go to LAN nights with.
Now looking for something smaller than my current SG13

53mm is max height on CPU cooler, hopefully that covers most the good coolers. Seems a there's a big void in cooler heights till we hit ~70mm.

Also GPUs up to 2.75 slot (54.5mm) wide, up to 309mm long, and up to 157mm tall. (This covers oversized EVGA and ASUS 2080TI models)

FIVE?! o_O

I only have 4 PCs in the house...

Well.... Just don't tell the wife. =p

Reactions: talkion and TheHig

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
so did you increase the size of the case?

No change to the chassis, the front panel sticks out further now but case is the same dimensions.

130mm wide x 333.33mm long, x 215mm tall (excluding handle)

kageiit

Trash Compacter
Oct 5, 2018
@KSliger Are you planning on performing tests on the version with acrylic side panels as well? I feel they really elevate the look of the case without making the case too big (Like the new Raijintek Ophion), but I am a bit worried how much the thermal performance will suffer :)

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
@KSliger Are you planning on performing tests on the version with acrylic side panels as well? I feel they really elevate the look of the case without making the case too big (Like the new Raijintek Ophion), but I am a bit worried how much the thermal performance will suffer :)

I am testing with solid aluminum panels, should produce a similar test result. My window panels will not be ready until late next week due to how booked our laser is right now. Updates soon!

Boganator

Chassis Packer
Sep 23, 2018
I really REALLY like this case. Fantastic job on it, once it's available and I've swapped graphics cards (I have a hybrid now) I am buying this. I've been looking for a really small case that could handle the wider graphics cards.