Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Waiting on the USB C front panel cables from China... Supposed to be here on the 26th now. Cable delays kill me.

Reactions: Luminair

jkiejr

Average Stuffer
Jan 26, 2018
so after the 26th'ish how long do you think before we can see another preview

Last edited:

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Best 450w sfx psu at the moment IMO. I have been VERY hard on mine at times and she keeps on trucking.

@KSliger Any updates?

Happy 4th early!

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
So USB C cables arrived, but will not make it for the initial release as the leadtime from China is late into September. Rev B will have USB C.

Will have two style of vent patterns, the staggered style from earlier in thread and then this new style to go with both sides being clear acrylic windows.

Changed the vent pattern on bottom to be compatible with the brackets from Cerberus such as SSD, HDD, etc. and for mounting fans.

Bifurcation riser is go as well.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
So USB C cables arrived, but will not make it for the initial release as the leadtime from China is late into September. Rev B will have USB C.

Will have two style of vent patterns, the staggered style from earlier in thread and then this new style to go with both sides being clear acrylic windows.

Changed the vent pattern on bottom to be compatible with the brackets from Cerberus such as SSD, HDD, etc. and for mounting fans.

Bifurcation riser is go as well.

Stupid question from my side (and maybe it was already asked) : why this flat front panel?.:) I find it less attractive than cerberus one..:)

jkiejr

Average Stuffer
Jan 26, 2018
so is rev A going to have the acrylic panels, or just b. i am buying a case either way. you could possibly cut some slats in the acrylic for airflow

Last edited:
Reactions: KSliger

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
so is rev A going to have the acrylic panels, or just b. i am buying a case either way. you could possibly cut some slats in the acrylic for airflow
Pretty sure @KSliger runs a metal shop ;)

Update! Had some rework that had to be done, working on 3rd batch with all the final small fixes next week.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015

I'll make a prototype with vents, I'm curious to see how it looks

Stupid question from my side (and maybe it was already asked) : why this flat front panel?.:) I find it less attractive than cerberus one..:)

Hmmm, I'll do some last minute experiments on what will look good since I'm happy with everything except the front panel.

That explains the wood cerberus panels. I guess the SM550 will have the user's pick of the different panel materials?

No wood for this case

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
I'll make a prototype with vents, I'm curious to see how it looks

Hmmm, I'll do some last minute experiments on what will look good since I'm happy with everything except the front panel.

No wood for this case
Dang, any particular reason why?