SKYREACH 4 MINI (S4M)

bananaboy93

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 28, 2018
It just depends. The old DA330s vary wildly. You can safely power a 1060 off them in most scenarios, but a 1070 or 1080 it just depends on your game, settings, and the brick.

If you are willing to try both, go for the cheap one first.
Alright will do. This is a genuine power brick and I will be testing it out on the 1080 mini. Thank you for the quick reply! this is my first ever mini itx build.

bananaboy93

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 28, 2018
What is the thickness of the output cable out of curiosity?

Peace
Hey when I get the brick I will give you the measurement. I have a question regarding the skin wrap for my mini. I can't find where to download the psd file, can yo please direct me to that? If I want to get a skin done, who do I contact? thanks

tjeska

Cable Smoosher
Jan 12, 2018

PSU arrived, could be happier, great piece of kit!

No customs tax, great price, ordered a second brick, could let it go for the price he asks for them (50% less than a stock Dell 330w brick).

I really don't know why someone should order a Hdplex setup, that is bulky and have trouble with the 330w limit.

Mine is a 400w passive cooled setup, brick temps are really good, will measure them later once I have time to do that.

kulbida

Average Stuffer
Jan 8, 2018
I really don't know why someone should order a Hdplex setup, that is bulky and have trouble with the 330w limit.

Mine is a 400w passive cooled setup, brick temps are really good, will measure them later once I have time to do that.
The HDPLEX 400w PSU can easily handle 330w draw and has less coil whine than the previous 300w. It also fits nice and snug in the S4M.

mgilang

Caliper Novice
Oct 15, 2017
Guys, my build of skyreach is finish.

what i need now is stand for vertical position, any idea about this stand and where to buy?

thanks!

tjeska

Cable Smoosher
Jan 12, 2018
Thats what I said, if you go the HDplex route, you dont have much/no headroom...

Its not the HDplex it fault, but stil an unsolved problem for the end user.

They need to bring a complete system on the marked, not a dc-atx psu with a 400w rating, that relies on a expensive (if you buy it directly from Dell), that can't handle that kind of power output.

I searched objectively for the best psu, end after recieving and testing Gury his system I am convineced.

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Thats what I said, if you go the HDplex route, you dont have much/no headroom...

Its not the HDplex it fault, but stil an unsolved problem for the end user.

They need to bring a complete system on the marked, not a dc-atx psu with a 400w rating, that relies on a expensive (if you buy it directly from Dell), that can't handle that kind of power output.

I searched objectively for the best psu, end after recieving and testing Gury his system I am convineced.
There's much you can do when you waive certifications, guarantees and legal disclaimers. It's the govt tax. Happy for you and your choice, but please don't undersell another company just because they follow the rules.

tjeska

Cable Smoosher
Jan 12, 2018
There's much you can do when you waive certifications, guarantees and legal disclaimers. It's the govt tax. Happy for you and your choice, but please don't undersell another company just because they follow the rules.

Thats not the main point, but I think I feel the vibe here...
I'm not "underselling" them, I just ventilate my frustration (they make a great 400w dc psu, but it can't be powered, max brick is 330w!).
Like I mentioned above, I looked at the alternatives.

If they would make a plug and play kit, that at least can supply the 400w of power from my wall outlet to my hardware, I would buy it without doubt.

That was my point...
But hey, apparently no critisism allowed.