SKYREACH 4 MINI (S4M)

Verismo

Efficiency Noob
Jul 15, 2019
I pre-ordered the Skyreach 4 Mini, but now, the date for shipping has changed completely to August 2 on the page for ordering the case. Is there a delay of some kind?

NinoPecorino

Tweezer Squeezer
Platinum Supporter
Nov 24, 2017
I pre-ordered the Skyreach 4 Mini, but now, the date for shipping has changed completely to August 2 on the page for ordering the case. Is there a delay of some kind?
they ship out in batches. if you ordered by the 14th, your case would ship by the 19th.

xcskidude

Efficiency Noob
Jul 18, 2019
I have to say these are amazingly well build chassis. Combine that with a compatible PSU like the HD Plex 400W ATX and even a simple brick like the Dell 330w, and you have a thing of beauty. Sad I'm looking to sell off mine without having a chance to build in it.

cornut

Caliper Novice
Jan 28, 2019
I upgraded my S4M build to a 3800X today. I use the noctua l9a cooler with the 120mm fan adapter and Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM, the highest it reached was 79 degrees @ just over 4.3 doing the Ryzen Master stress test. I ordered the CPU before the comparisons showed there's no real benefit over the 3700X. It's for my flight sim, X-Plane is reliant on IPC so upgrading CPU's was an easy decision. I wish I saved $70 but oh well, it's up and running.

I'm running an RTX 2070 (inno3d) brickless setup. I was worried about the heat with the l9a paired with a 105W TDP CPU but it's fine, the hdplex 400 is also up to the task. All I did was swap CPU's today and run a few benchmarks. I won't get a chance to play x-plane for a couple weeks.

Sidy1116

Efficiency Noob
Jul 2, 2019
I have to say these are amazingly well build chassis. Combine that with a compatible PSU like the HD Plex 400W ATX and even a simple brick like the Dell 330w, and you have a thing of beauty. Sad I'm looking to sell off mine without having a chance to build in it.
Hi is your chasis available?

Freebo

Chassis Packer
Apr 4, 2019
I upgraded my S4M build to a 3800X today. I use the noctua l9a cooler with the 120mm fan adapter and Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM, the highest it reached was 79 degrees @ just over 4.3 doing the Ryzen Master stress test. I ordered the CPU before the comparisons showed there's no real benefit over the 3700X. It's for my flight sim, X-Plane is reliant on IPC so upgrading CPU's was an easy decision. I wish I saved $70 but oh well, it's up and running.

I'm running an RTX 2070 (inno3d) brickless setup. I was worried about the heat with the l9a paired with a 105W TDP CPU but it's fine, the hdplex 400 is also up to the task. All I did was swap CPU's today and run a few benchmarks. I won't get a chance to play x-plane for a couple weeks.

This sounds like a very similar setup to what I'm aiming for, what did you do with the cooler? Is there a 120mm fan adapter available somewhere to purchase or is it a mod?

cornut

Caliper Novice
Jan 28, 2019
This sounds like a very similar setup to what I'm aiming for, what did you do with the cooler? Is there a 120mm fan adapter available somewhere to purchase or is it a mod?

It came with my case, I purchased it used but I think it's standard for the S4M. It's an adapter that sits above the IO plate, it's 2 holes that fit the NF-A12x15 PWM

I got the idea from this video:

the L9A performs better with it than the stock fan. It's an informative video, check it out. At the end, he has the l9a in the S4M with a 120mm fan using the bracket so you can see what it looks like.

Last edited:
Reactions: Freebo
D

Deleted member 13436

Anyone have updated information about whether or not the newly release Gigabyte X570I Aorus Pro Wifi motherboard will
fit inside the Skyreach Mini 4 yet? I emailed Josh and am awaiting a response.

Reactions: LegendsofMace

Freebo

Chassis Packer
Apr 4, 2019
Anyone have updated information about whether or not the newly release Gigabyte X570I Aorus Pro Wifi motherboard will
fit inside the Skyreach Mini 4 yet? I emailed Josh and am awaiting a response.

I'll be interested in if there are any issues, you may not get a prompt e-mail from Josh as he's not too well, I beleive he's just come out of hospital and is on the path to recovery.

D

Deleted member 13436

I'll be interested in if there are any issues, you may not get a prompt e-mail from Josh as he's not too well, I beleive he's just come out of hospital and is on the path to recovery.
Oh shoot, hope he's alright. I did receive an email from him:

Hello, Terlet.

That motherboard is perfectly fine. I think people are talking about the extended board ASUS is coming out with, which still would fit, but then it would make it so you could only use single slot cards.

The GIGABYTE X570 I AORUS PRO actually has a great layout for the MINI too.

I do not have any 570 board yet, but I have them on preorder.

Peace

Reactions: Freebo

SiG

Trash Compacter
Oct 8, 2017
What updates would you suggest?

Thanks
Adding a listing of the Super cards would be nice, considering their powerdraw is much different from the regular RTX base cards. (I'm also wondering if a 5700/5700XT Mini has been announced yet.)

Since the "Sheet 2" section is unused, perhaps this could be a listing of good mobos to use with the S4Mini. Like, for example, you mentioned one of the Asus mobos was causing potential incompatibility with a particular SFF CPU fan cooler, so the old spreadsheet just outright says its incompatible because of that reason.

Edit: I seem to have been mixing up the issue with the CPU Cooler spreadsheet. My bad.

Last edited:
L

LordEconomist

Really interested in this case...Just wondering, I can see the PSU can ship overseas, but where does everyone get their vandal switch and power brick?

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Really interested in this case...Just wondering, I can see the PSU can ship overseas, but where does everyone get their vandal switch and power brick?

I would recommend the HDPLEX combo, but there are other options too. You could contact Gunique through his discord, or go with the Dell LA330PM111 with the new sticker.

Zetex

Case Bender
Aug 9, 2019
Feels so great to tinker with a real PC again (10 years since last time). Laptops are no fun compared to this.
I stumbled over Josh' presentation of the S4M and several other reviews oline, and it made me purchase this lovely case. Quickly followed by a bunch of parts that already went far above my budget. But it's worth it I guess. Everything fits snug inside the case except my gfx-card; a GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1660 Ti MINI ITX OC 6G. It needs to be moved a couple millimeters towards the motherboard to make room for the HDPlex 400W AC-DC converter (going for a "brickless" model). I can modify the included PCI-bracket myself, but if someone knows of a "custom-made" bracket, either replace-ready (just switch with the other one) or DIY-ready (drill your own holes and file to fit), I would rather go for that solution.

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Feels so great to tinker with a real PC again (10 years since last time). Laptops are no fun compared to this.
I stumbled over Josh' presentation of the S4M and several other reviews oline, and it made me purchase this lovely case. Quickly followed by a bunch of parts that already went far above my budget. But it's worth it I guess. Everything fits snug inside the case except my gfx-card; a GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1660 Ti MINI ITX OC 6G. It needs to be moved a couple millimeters towards the motherboard to make room for the HDPlex 400W AC-DC converter (going for a "brickless" model). I can modify the included PCI-bracket myself, but if someone knows of a "custom-made" bracket, either replace-ready (just switch with the other one) or DIY-ready (drill your own holes and file to fit), I would rather go for that solution.

One of my customers in the Discord channel built a flip bracket for the 1080ti so she could mount it inside the MINI with the HDPLEX 400AC. It is possible, but alot of work. I helped her design it in CAD and she took it to a sheet metal fab to have it made. There was a minimum order quantity/cost penalty of course.

Not that it helps you, but for future people reading this. The Gigabyte cards are not an ideal choice for the MINI for brickless builds. Solutions for many other manufacturers and models for brickless builds have been applied by people in my discord, and by me. I cover most of these (including how to do the gigabye cards) in my LiveStream sessions in detail, which is a playlist on my YouTube channel.

This video the first 15 minutes I summarize most of these:

I hope this offers you some ideas/direction! <3

Reactions: brt02 and Elerek