SKYREACH 4 MINI (S4M)

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Well then - I guess I'll sign up!

I assume this is on YOUR Discord, and not sff.net's?

Yeah.

I uploaded the resource for you:

JELLYMUSHER

Minimal Tinkerer
Aug 11, 2019
Does the Zotac 1660ti fit without modding? I have their 1060 AMP! and there is no way it is fitting in there with the HDPLEX 400 internally... (for now I am using an external power brick).

I just wanted to reply and state that Zotac GeForce GTX 1660 and the 1660ti (the non AMP!) both fit brickless. I used slim right-angle 8-pin power adapter but you could do the slim cable mod as well.

I did have to take plate of the HDplex but otherwise was fairly easy.

lawney

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2018
I just wanted to reply and state that Zotac GeForce GTX 1660 and the 1660ti (the non AMP!) both fit brickless. I used slim right-angle 8-pin power adapter but you could do the slim cable mod as well.

I did have to take plate of the HDplex but otherwise was fairly easy.

Did you remove the shroud?

JELLYMUSHER

Minimal Tinkerer
Aug 11, 2019
Did you remove the shroud?

I did not although I plan to open back up and put in the sky brackets with a couple noctuas and bench noise vs shroud.

With a 2400ge (the low watt version) and the gtx 1660 I was still pushing plenty of frames in Apex @ 1080p.

PoopySauce

What's an ITX?
May 21, 2019
Hey everyone! I need some help with my S4 mini build. The problem is that when I loosely plug in the GPU using the riser cable I can get a post, but when I screw the GPU into the slot, and therefore put more pressure on the pci slot, it no longer posts. Visually it looks like the insert is askew and not making good contact with the slot. Has anyone else had this problem?

kNUCkles

Chassis Packer
Aug 19, 2019
Someone talk about the Zotac RTX 2070S MINI

So, the Zotac 2070S Mini fits without modification. The shroud and backplate prevent it from dropping right in (pic 1). I managed by removing and reattaching the retaining bracket. Removing the front bezel would probably be less tricky.

Stock screws secured the retaining bracket without shaving it down on the insertion side, but just barely (pic 2). Brickless + unmodified is definitely a no-go with stock HDPlex cables (pic3).

frankotastico

Case Bender
Mar 6, 2019
If someone thinks about getting the ZOTAC GAMING GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER Twin Fan for a brickless build, because its 6pin-power is on the back, I can't recommend it. The fans are spinning constantly, very audible, and the support told me it is supposed to be like this. But the form factor of this card is perfect, though.

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018

My cleaned up brickless build

I had a spare hour so shortened some cables. Pretty tidy even if I say so myself.

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Thanks dude. I used shorter gpu power connectors and removed the PSU plate. I don’t think the shorter gpu connectors were strictly needed. The twin noctua fans are a big improvement over the stock gpu cooler.

Reactions: rfarmer

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Thanks dude. I used shorter gpu power connectors and removed the PSU plate. I don’t think the shorter gpu connectors were strictly needed. The twin noctua fans are a big improvement over the stock gpu cooler.
I don't know how loud yours was but mine was so loud I bought a water block and have it in a loop. The stock fans were horribly loud, I am sure the Noctuas are a big improvement.

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
I don't know how loud yours was but mine was so loud I bought a water block and have it in a loop. The stock fans were horribly loud, I am sure the Noctuas are a big improvement.
It has a re-paste so was just loud rather than jet liner.

Reactions: rfarmer