SKYREACH 4 MINI (S4M)

Pestilaence

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 10, 2018
Interesting... would the Thermalright 100 fan fit the LP53 heatsink with/without @Thehack's 92mm bracket?

I'm not really sure, since I have the L9i heatsink, but as long as the LP53 uses a 92mm mounting pattern, they should fit perfectly.

You can try and zip tie directly them to the Zotac heatsink - If you decide to go down the noctua/skybracket route, the skybracket will cover up most of the beige, you will only see beige through the slots of the front panel.

I had ordered some Grizzly Conductonaut solution, and was shipped the wrong stuff so now I have to wait even longer, but once the correct stuff comes in, I'll be tearing the 1080 Ti apart. I guess I didn't really think about zip tying the fans directly to the GPU heatsink because of the hole patterns for the stock fans and shroud, but I'll see if that's a possibility. With how I have the case oriented though (on my left, almost against a wall, GPU on top), and with the fact that I don't have the 3d bezel, I would never see the GPU fans anyway.

You should get some M3 16mm screws next week. I just got them and will be making them available. Can you let me know if they attach correctly?

Awesome, thanks. I'll let you know.

Happy to buy one of the fans off you if you're not going to use all 3, this might look better in my white/black S4 mini build rather than the Noctua fan colour, otherwise I'd have to hide the brown by using some ultra thin dust filter which might look ok :)

Yeah, with my current build, the Noctua fans don't look horrible, but the white from the TY100's would look significantly better and match the vinyl wrap.

Last edited:
Reactions: br3nd0

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Want to show off some stuffs for my Distro 400. Just built inside the S4 mini!

Don't mind the ketchup mustard cables, they're just for prototyping. ;)

brt02

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 3, 2018
I had ordered some Grizzly Conductonaut solution, and was shipped the wrong stuff so now I have to wait even longer, but once the correct stuff comes in, I'll be tearing the 1080 Ti apart. I guess I didn't really think about zip tying the fans directly to the GPU heatsink because of the hole patterns for the stock fans and shroud, but I'll see if that's a possibility. With how I have the case oriented though (on my left, almost against a wall, GPU on top), and with the fact that I don't have the 3d bezel, I would never see the GPU fans anyway.

The holes won't match up so i ended up using the heatpipes to mount the fans at the far edges and i zip tied the fans to each other in the middle. I'll see if i can find a picture from before (I'm using the skybracket at the moment - it looks cleaner).

I'm not sure if you could actually use the shroud if you zip tie the fans on - I didn't try it, nor have i seen anyone else do it.

Penguin

Trash Compacter
Jul 25, 2018
Thanks @Josh | NFC I will once I get the AC/DC in and ordered the rest of the parts for my build.
You can test it with a laptop brick (most connectors on them fit the supplied DC input). I sent my 1.4 unit (had coilwhine, no other issues noted) back and will recieve one from the new batch sometime next week.

LFO

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 23, 2018
I have 2 clevo 220Watt laptop bricks, unfortunately the connectors are 4 pin, also should I test it as brick/ATX without other components or do I need the rest of my parts first as well? (Mobo, CPU etc) Thx

Penguin

Trash Compacter
Jul 25, 2018
I have 2 clevo 220Watt laptop bricks, unfortunately the connectors are 4 pin, also should I test it as brick/ATX without other components or do I need the rest of my parts first as well? (Mobo, CPU etc) Thx
I'd try finding someone who has a brick that you can borrow (I snagged a brick from work). I'd test it with parts connected to actually have some load on it. If you are migrating there is no problem just disconnecting the PSU cables and then connecting the HDPLEX and power the system with that (even if it is a different system than planned to go into the S4M). If you are reducing the power draw with different components when going into the S4M (below 400W, which is pretty good wattage today) just try to make it realistic during your test (maybe don't run Prime95 and Valley simulteaneously).

Pestilaence

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 10, 2018
@Thehack I got the bolts today. They work perfectly! Thanks again!

In case anyone was wondering, the TY100 fans DO line up with the L9i heatsink and they look great on it too! I took the shroud and fans off the 1080 Ti also, and after playing around some, I've decided to go ahead and order two more Noctua 92mm fans and use them instead, since they will actually fit quite nicely on the GPU heatsink. I'll just zip tie them down. Because of that though, and the fact that I hate to mix fans, I'm just going to use the stock one on the L9i.

So, I'll just end up selling the three TY100's.

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Hi, when will the "SKy Bracket Duo" become available again?

This is an item that comes and goes when I don't use them in some custom builds. Sorry!

Out of curiosity--how are you planning on using two? With this data I can better make future design choices.

Thanks!

iaomw

Trash Compacter
Feb 24, 2017
This is an item that comes and goes when I don't use them in some custom builds. Sorry!

Out of curiosity--how are you planning on using two? With this data I can better make future design choices.

Thanks!

Thanks for your reply. I want to use "Sky Bracket Duo" mounting 2 "NF-A9x14" fans. Like what you did in one of your videos.
The pre-shipped "Sky Bracket Duo" is already taken by 2 SSDs.

Currently, I am using the pre-shipped "Sky Bracket" with "NF-A12x15", it's not very quiet at full load.
With the tuning of Afterburner, it's better. But I hope 2 "NF-A9x14" fans will have less noise.

And, you know "Sky Bracket" is only fixed on one side, maybe it's not stable under some situation.I got some strange little noise occasionally.
I am guessing the reason is "Sky Bracket is not stable". Not sure, but I know it's coming form nh-l9i.

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Thanks for your reply. I want to use "Sky Bracket Duo" mounting 2 "NF-A9x14" fans. Like what you did in one of your videos.
The pre-shipped "Sky Bracket Duo" is already taken by 2 SSDs.

Currently, I am using the pre-shipped "Sky Bracket" with "NF-A12x15", it's not very quiet at full load.
With the tuning of Afterburner, it's better. But I hope 2 "NF-A9x14" fans will have less noise.

And, you know "Sky Bracket" is only fixed on one side, maybe it's not stable under some situation.I got some strange little noise occasionally.
I am guessing the reason is "Sky Bracket is not stable". Not sure, but I know it's coming form nh-l9i.

It's only fixed on one side? What do you mean by this? Do you have any pictures? Thanks for clarifying and helping me out! :D

iaomw

Trash Compacter
Feb 24, 2017
It's only fixed on one side? What do you mean by this? Do you have any pictures? Thanks for clarifying and helping me out! :D

Hi, here is the photo. I mean, the bottom is fixed with "Sky Bracket" but the top-side is empty without any relyable fixing. That might case some shaking for the fan. So I am thinking about "Sky Bracket Duo" and 2 fans may fix it, because everything is fixed properly.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: NinoPecorino

kulbida

Average Stuffer
Jan 8, 2018

Hi, here is the photo. I mean, the bottom is fixed with "Sky Bracket" but the top-side is empty without any relyable fixing. That might case some shaking for the fan. So I am thinking about "Sky Bracket Duo" and 2 fans may fix it, because everything is fixed properly.:)
I would first try using metal screws to affix the fan instead of the silicone inserts you are using.

Reactions: Nanook

maverickiller

Cable Smoosher
Aug 14, 2018
Does anyone know if the HDPLEX 400 now for sale on the website is the newer fixed version? The website says the new batch started shipping out Sept 5th. I have the Dynamo 360W and have been waiting for the 160W to come back in stock but who knows when that will be.

LFO

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 23, 2018
I'd try finding someone who has a brick that you can borrow (I snagged a brick from work). I'd test it with parts connected to actually have some load on it. If you are migrating there is no problem just disconnecting the PSU cables and then connecting the HDPLEX and power the system with that (even if it is a different system than planned to go into the S4M). If you are reducing the power draw with different components when going into the S4M (below 400W, which is pretty good wattage today) just try to make it realistic during your test (maybe don't run Prime95 and Valley simulteaneously).

Unfortunately I have no pc/builder friends around here... so Ill have to wait until the AC-DC comes in...

SumGhai

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 14, 2016
Hey Josh! I was watching your livestream earlier and you mentioned that you had tested a bunch of Dell power bricks and did not recommend the DA330PM111 because it trips at a certain wattage draw. I unfortunately grabbed a DA330PM111 for $30 earlier this year. Do you think a i7-8700 non-K and a GTX 1070 ti mini would trip the brick? I have a 1070 ti coming in on Tuesday, so I haven't had a chance to test it myself yet.

LFO

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 23, 2018
@Josh | NFC Thank you for clearing the HDPLEX 400 problem out in your live-stream. If we look at it positively there is 95% chance that there is no issue... or 5% it isn't of course... still a bit reassuring! Thx