SKYREACH 4 MINI (S4M)

Pestilaence

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 10, 2018
Question for NH-L9i owners:

Structural integrity would be compromised, but since the fans are typically balanced very well, and there isn't enough rotational force or air turbulence to throw them off balance, the overall difference would be negligible. Same goes for airflow though, honestly. Removing the struts wouldn't yield a noticeable drop in temps. You would never see a difference.

Just keep them the same, I say.

Reactions: br3nd0

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Question for NH-L9i owners: would cutting away 2 of the supporting joins/beams on the underside of the included fan result in (a) any loss of structural integrity, and (b) any improvement in airflow/temp/less air resistance directly over the heatsink? Pic below for reference.

From where I stand it looks like it will decrease structural integrity and increase airflow. Practically speaking it won't decrease structural integrity enough to make a difference, or increase airflow enough to make a difference.

BUT WE DON'T MOD TO BE "PRACTICAL!"

XD

Pestilaence

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 10, 2018
I am finally uploading the photos of the 500w, some of the shots include the Dell 300w for comparison:

Interesting. I thought he used the typical DA- or LA- based bricks, but I guess not. Do you have any other pictures of these units?

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Interesting. I thought he used the typical DA- or LA- based bricks, but I guess not. Do you have any other pictures of these units?
I believe it’s a modded Dell 330 internals with fabricated metal housing.

The cables are also heavy gauge when compared to the 300-400w versions.

Pestilaence

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 10, 2018
I believe it’s a modded Dell 330 internals with fabricated metal housing.
Ah, ok. That's cool. Also, I didn't realize for some reason that you had multiple pics posted in that link. The kit looks good! How noisy are those fans though?

Last edited:

Pestilaence

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 10, 2018
2TB WD Blue

I intentionally left the item number on there to see who would look it up lol.

However, it's not just ANY new drive... It's an M.2, which will help me eliminate all sata power and data cables in the case!

Any guess what the item(s) from J-Hack are though?

Last edited:

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
I intentionally left the item number on there to see who would look it up lol.

However, it's not just ANY new drive... It's an M.2, which will help me eliminate all sata power and data cables in the case!

Any guess what the item(s) from J-Hack are though?
Heh I looked it up as well. Did you get a TY100?

Pestilaence

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 10, 2018
Did you get a TY100?

Maaaaayyyyyybeeeeee?? But not just one, I got THREE! Lol... I was hoping to swap out the CPU and GPU fans for them... however, I've run into some issues. They didn't come with any screws, and the ones that are on the Noctua cooler aren't long enough to use with these fans. I'll have to run to the hardware store sometime tomorrow. Also, I was hoping that the fans would be able to mount cleanly to the Sky Bracket.... They don't. At all. If I decide to use them for the GPU, I'll have to zip tie them down at an offset to the holes on the bracket, and I don't really like that idea. What's worse though, is that the center holes in the Sky Bracket are only set up for 92mm fans... so they will block a good chunk of air from the fans.

I'm debating whether I want to keep the TY100's because they look a hell of a lot better and just mount them oddly, or get rid of them and get two more 92mm Noctua fans, since those will mount much cleaner on the Sky Bracket.

LFO

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 23, 2018
@Josh | NFC Have you spoken with Larry about the potential issues with the Eurocom bricks? I have only tried Revision 1.4 of the 400W DC-ATX (with and without the unified heatsink), so figuring out exactly what the issue is has been difficult as I've been using the same DC-DC power supply in my testing. I'd like to avoid Eurocom opening up my cable if possible, but there doesn't seem to be much else to test, assuming that the 400W DC-ATX is fine and that the brick doesn't crash with the laptop while running a game. Just out of curiosity, did the 1080 Ti system that you built on your livestream work fine? I believe a Revision 1.4 400W DC-ATX was used for it.

This is not a Eurocom only issue, unfortunately. This is happening with any and every brick out there. Part of the problem is that there have been at least three revisions of revision 1.4, so it has been hard for me to track down. The build I did was using an older HDPLEX 400, and yes, it worked fine.

HDPLEX products have been completely and totally solid and I look forward to this issue getting fixed. In the meantime until it can be proven to me that it is, I am recommending the Dynamo 360 + HDPLEX 160 which has been a solid option for me. The HDPLEX 400 has been my preferred choice because of simplicity and cable management, not because it is better than the Dynamo Duo.

Hi @Josh | NFC While I'm waiting on the 400w AC/DC orders to be open, I'm wondering how can I find out if I have a faulty 400W DC-ATX?
It is still unboxed/still wrapped in its foil, and all I can see is that it is revision 1.4, I bought in March, shipped from the German warehouse.

Thanks for any feedback.

brt02

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 3, 2018
I'm debating whether I want to keep the TY100's because they look a hell of a lot better and just mount them oddly, or get rid of them and get two more 92mm Noctua fans, since those will mount much cleaner on the Sky Bracket.

You can try and zip tie directly them to the Zotac heatsink - If you decide to go down the noctua/skybracket route, the skybracket will cover up most of the beige, you will only see beige through the slots of the front panel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Obelisk and Nanook

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Looks good, what CPU have you got in there?

And is that an Asus board with the VRMs off for the LP53 to fit? No issues heat-wise there?
Thanks, 8700K
Yes, I removed all the ornamental heatsinks from the Z370i to better fit the LP53. No temperature problems with VRM. I also do not overclock. In fact the default bios settings for this motherboard so overclocked, so I dial the settings back to stock settings / turned off MCE / etc.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Maaaaayyyyyybeeeeee?? But not just one, I got THREE! Lol... I was hoping to swap out the CPU and GPU fans for them... however, I've run into some issues. They didn't come with any screws, and the ones that are on the Noctua cooler aren't long enough to use with these fans. I'll have to run to the hardware store sometime tomorrow. Also, I was hoping that the fans would be able to mount cleanly to the Sky Bracket.... They don't. At all. If I decide to use them for the GPU, I'll have to zip tie them down at an offset to the holes on the bracket, and I don't really like that idea. What's worse though, is that the center holes in the Sky Bracket are only set up for 92mm fans... so they will block a good chunk of air from the fans.

You should get some M3 16mm screws next week. I just got them and will be making them available. Can you let me know if they attach correctly?

br3nd0

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 29, 2016

Happy to buy one of the fans off you if you're not going to use all 3, this might look better in my white/black S4 mini build rather than the Noctua fan colour, otherwise I'd have to hide the brown by using some ultra thin dust filter which might look ok :)

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Hi @Josh | NFC While I'm waiting on the 400w AC/DC orders to be open, I'm wondering how can I find out if I have a faulty 400W DC-ATX?
It is still unboxed/still wrapped in its foil, and all I can see is that it is revision 1.4, I bought in March, shipped from the German warehouse.

Thanks for any feedback.

Unfortunately there isn't a way I know of yet. I have been trying to compile data but it's not revealing anything. Best thing is to simply test it if you can.