SKYREACH 4 MINI (S4M)

Epsilon748

Efficiency Noob
Jul 17, 2018
I just picked up an 8.9" 2560x1440 TFT display off AliExpress that I'm going to attach to the side of the case. Would be an interesting diagnostics or random info panel or even a tiny screen for traveling without a monitor. I'm going to fire up meshmixer this week and make the model to 3d print a frame and mount for it. I'll print it out in alufill or cu-fill filament to keep that nice clean metallic case look.

I'll post pictures, stl files, and product links later if anyone wants them. The screen cost about $100, but that's the only real expense.

SpringerTheNerd

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 7, 2017
God that copper looks sexy!

I ordered an eBay copper lid from Poland, says up to 20% more surface area coverage than the standard Intel lid, worth a shot I guess... Did you get yours from RockitCool?
Yeah I order it from there for my 7700k and my 4790k

Though copper is a good conductor, its oxide layer is not...
If the ihs forms an oxide layer it might be less conductive to heat..
Thats why intel coats the IHS before installing.
Though it might look sick, you are gonna slap a heatsink anyway...

I'm not too worried about it. The inside off all my copper radiators are oxidized and they still perform just as good.

Last edited:
Reactions: br3nd0

Ghost

Average Stuffer
Jul 23, 2018
I'm gonna be deliding my 7700k soon. Just ordered everything I need for it.

Has anyone here ever tried a copper IHS? I ordered one because it was only like $13 so I might as well try it while I'm already deliding it. Worth it or not it sure looks pretty.

Delided but used stock ihs. I know Steve from GN tested it and think it got a 1-3 degree drop. So nothing crazy but might be worth it to you.

SilverJS

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 8, 2018
Is there a best-practices compendium for using a C6 connector in the S4M? I'm leaning towards the C8 just for how clean of an install that would make, but I want to research all possibilities - and the C6 had that third prong...

From what I've seen, guys are actually sticking the C6 INSIDE the case, as the C8 opening is just big enough to fit the C6 cable end...but how is the connector secured to the case?

I know gx12/16 are also a possibility, but I think I'd rather stick to C6 or C8.

br3nd0

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 29, 2016
So this just arrived today, shipping time to Australia was quick - ordered 21 July, arrived here in Queensland today, just after midday.

Let me just say the photo really doesn't do it any justice. In the flesh this is a thing of beauty. It's unbelievably light and the finish is just outstanding. I couldn't put it down.... can't wait to start my next build... EXQUISITE!

Thanks @Josh | NFC

Ghost

Average Stuffer
Jul 23, 2018
So this just arrived today, shipping time to Australia was quick - ordered 21 July, arrived here in Queensland today, just after midday.

Let me just say the photo really doesn't do it any justice. In the flesh this is a thing of beauty. It's unbelievably light and the finish is just outstanding. I couldn't put it down.... can't wait to start my next build... EXQUISITE!

Thanks @Josh | NFC

Noice, cant wait for mine to get here. Only part im waiting on. So about two weeks? Thats not bad at all.

chanberg

Trash Compacter
Sep 9, 2015
Did a search but couldn't find it, does anyone by chance know the screw size and length for the 8 exterior screws that hold the two panels in place? Looking to spray paint my case and want to use the old ones to mask off paint

Reactions: br3nd0 and Halfdan

kulbida

Average Stuffer
Jan 8, 2018
Thought I’d finally share my build. Nothing unique, just a S4M gaming rig.

SPECS:
i7-8700
Gigabyte GTX 1080 mini
ROG Strix Z370-I
16GB Trident-Z RGB 3200
500GB 960 EVO
2TB FireCuda
NH-L9i
additional NF-A9x14 fan for GPU exhaust
HDPLEX 400W DC + Dell 330w brick
Alienware AW3418DW monitor
Logitech G Pro keyboard
Steelseries Rival 310 mouse
NFC Systems Walnut 3D bezel

Image 1: does not show SSHD or exhaust fan (later additions)
Image 10: additional exhaust fan.
Image 11: bonus shot of my chameleon

br3nd0

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 29, 2016

SPECS:
i7-8700
Gigabyte GTX 1080 mini
ROG Strix Z370-I
16GB Trident-Z RGB 3200
500GB 960 EVO
2TB FireCuda
NH-L9i
Logitech G Pro keyboard

What a sweet little build, thx for sharing, I have a similarly specced build in the works. Love the terrarium shot lol. BTW how did you fit the additional exhaust fan?

Reactions: kulbida

kulbida

Average Stuffer
Jan 8, 2018
What a sweet little build, thx for sharing, I have a similarly specced build in the works. Love the terrarium shot lol. BTW how did you fit the additional exhaust fan?

I just ordered the fan hoping it would fit, even though on paper it was 1mm too tight. I just slid it in between the GPU and SkyBracket and screwed it in. It doesn’t actually have a lot or any static pressure, but I do feel hot air exhausting from it so it may be making a small difference.

Super Clean. Cant wait for mine. Love the walnut aswell. Which logitech board is that? Looks pretty good and simple.

It’s the Logitech G Pro mechanical board. It’s a TKL board and has a removeable cord which is great for portability. I was reluctant to go with Logitech’s Romer G switch, but once I pulled the trigger I didn’t regret it one bit. The thing I really love is that the RGB LEDs are actually in the stem of the switch, so there is literally zero bleeding of light in between keys and it has a super clean, polished look when using RGB effects.

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016

SPECS:
i7-8700
Gigabyte GTX 1080 mini
ROG Strix Z370-I
16GB Trident-Z RGB 3200
500GB 960 EVO
2TB FireCuda
NH-L9i
Logitech G Pro keyboard

Looks nice! Very clean

Weredawg

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 5, 2017
Sorry if this has been answered before but I have some questions about the Machined On/Off Switch Josh sells.

1. How long is the wire?
2. How long is the threaded part?
3. How wide is the switch?

Want to use it for a custom wooden case my father-in-law are building around an SG13 frame.

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Sorry if this has been answered before but I have some questions about the Machined On/Off Switch Josh sells.

1. How long is the wire?
2. How long is the threaded part?
3. How wide is the switch?

Want to use it for a custom wooden case my father-in-law are building around an SG13 frame.

Hello!

The wire is about 8.5" but can be ordered a custom length. The threaded part is 20mm and the switch body is 16mm (you need a 16.5mm hole to mount).

Reactions: br3nd0 and Weredawg

br3nd0

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 29, 2016
Outer panels back from the powder coaters today. I'll commence a separate build log shortly. Again, photos don't do any justice. Looks great up close / in person :)

The front panel although originally in black came out just as good. I have a spare aluminium silver finished on order so once that's fulfilled I'll hang onto the spare panel in case I want to do something else with the front. Cheers.

Ghost

Average Stuffer
Jul 23, 2018
I just ordered the fan hoping it would fit, even though on paper it was 1mm too tight. I just slid it in between the GPU and SkyBracket and screwed it in. It doesn’t actually have a lot or any static pressure, but I do feel hot air exhausting from it so it may be making a small difference.

It’s the Logitech G Pro mechanical board. It’s a TKL board and has a removeable cord which is great for portability. I was reluctant to go with Logitech’s Romer G switch, but once I pulled the trigger I didn’t regret it one bit. The thing I really love is that the RGB LEDs are actually in the stem of the switch, so there is literally zero bleeding of light in between keys and it has a super clean, polished look when using RGB effects.
Ok cool Ill have to check it out, ya the lights were one of the main reasons I liked it. Ive heard great things about romer g switches. Just as good as mx?

Ghost

Average Stuffer
Jul 23, 2018
Outer panels back from the powder coaters today. I'll commence a separate build log shortly. Again, photos don't do any justice. Looks great up close / in person :)

The front panel although originally in black came out just as good. I have a spare aluminium silver finished on order so once that's fulfilled I'll hang onto the spare panel in case I want to do something else with the front. Cheers.
Nice, love the all white look. How much does it typically cost to powder coat if you dont mind me asking?

Reactions: Obelisk and br3nd0