SKYREACH 4 MINI (S4M)

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Well, the card was delivered before I even woke up this morning! So, I spent a few hours messing around with the case and card. Had to re solder the connections on the power button, because one of them broke off while I was re routing wires and cables. After finally getting the card in and everything rearranged in the case though, I've found that I'm having power issues. When the card wants to kick into high gear, the screen goes black, and I hear something click. I'm pretty sure it's from the HDPLEX. :/ Time to try and get a hold of someone from there.

Just tested a separate 1000w PSU, and I have no issues at all. I may have to temporarily go back to an old case, that way I can mount the PSU properly, and not just have it sitting on my desk lol.

rev1.4?

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Honestly, I'm not sure. I just know that I have to go back to a regular PSU in order to not have power cycles.

Can you do me a favor and look at the HDPLEX unit you have and see what the revision marker is on it. That would be great, I am trying to document confirmed cases to see if there is a problem or not.

Peace

Pestilaence

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 10, 2018
Can you do me a favor and look at the HDPLEX unit you have and see what the revision marker is on it. That would be great, I am trying to document confirmed cases to see if there is a problem or not.

Peace

Ah, it's revision 1.4. It took me a bit to find the info.

LFO

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 23, 2018
Is there a problem with revision 1.4? I just checked and mine is 1.4 as well, yet still unboxed. Maybe I should send it back while I'm waiting on the 4000watt ACDC if that's the case

Penguin

Trash Compacter
Jul 25, 2018
Is it possible to use the Gigabyte AB350 with a HDPLEX 160 (in the S4M)? The weird placement of the 24-pin raises some questions for me.

Ghost

Average Stuffer
Jul 23, 2018
I added some new pages to my website, and rearranged my store to make way for new S4M accessories.

There are many new bezels and options available for pre-order now, and I am going to be running a sale while I get the first ones made up. This should give pre-order people some small thank you for trusting me. Prices are lower across the board for the new bezels too, but still expensive, so the sale should help a teenybit. XD

Here are some placeholder renders:

So beautiful can't wait till mine arrives. Don't know if I want the Walnut or the carbon. Does any know if you can install the too small fans in the front with the HDplex 400?

Pestilaence

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 10, 2018
After speaking to Larry a bit, I'm going to be shipping my HDPLEX unit back to him, for testing. I have tested my components with two different internal PSU's, and everything is fine. So, something is up with either the Eurocom, which is unlikely, or the HDPLEX.

Does any know if you can install the too small fans in the front with the HDplex 400?

If you place the HDPLEX in the intended location, which is right above the power button, then no you can't.

Ghost

Average Stuffer
Jul 23, 2018
After speaking to Larry a bit, I'm going to be shipping my HDPLEX unit back to him, for testing. I have tested my components with two different internal PSU's, and everything is fine. So, something is up with either the Eurocom, which is unlikely, or the HDPLEX.

If you place the HDPLEX in the intended location, which is right above the power button, then no you can't.
Yea, didn't think so was just curious. I would actually rather have it on the internal brick since it's the compents that gets really hot. Guess just have to play around when it gets here.

Thanks

Ghost

Average Stuffer
Jul 23, 2018
Hey where did you buy your eurocom from and are they as expensive as Josh said on his video still? NVM I found yet. Wow yea still pretty pricey.

Zero

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 27, 2017
Question for Josh when you have time:

Assuming I'm using a G-Unique PSU inside a Skyreach Mini, would you know from your CAD models, approximately how many 18650 lithium-ion cells I could stuff inside the empty spaces at the top and side of the case, assuming I have a Zotac-size GPU in there? 18650 cells are 18mm x 65mm cylinders.

I'm trying to see if I can build a modest battery backup system into the case.

Epsilon748

Efficiency Noob
Jul 17, 2018
Man, choosing the S4M with the cheapest air shipping option to the US- I thought it would be the last part I got for my build. As it turns out, the HDPlex 400 is still held up while they revert to the old heatsink design. I'm using a borrowed 500w ATX PSU and temp silverstone mini ITX case until the HDPlex and S4M get here.

An aside: that 3-4 week air shipping option was only three business days for me. Left Taiwan on 7/26 and it's out for delivery today after the weekend. I'd consider that a great savings over paying $40 more for express shipping!

bichael

Average Stuffer
Dec 17, 2017
Is it possible to use the Gigabyte AB350 with a HDPLEX 160 (in the S4M)? The weird placement of the 24-pin raises some questions for me.

My experience with a motherboard with similar 24pin location (msi b85i) was that it didn't fit. I ended up swapping motherboard but did consider a Hdplex 400W which should work.

Reactions: Penguin

Ghost

Average Stuffer
Jul 23, 2018
Man, choosing the S4M with the cheapest air shipping option to the US- I thought it would be the last part I got for my build. As it turns out, the HDPlex 400 is still held up while they revert to the old heatsink design. I'm using a borrowed 500w ATX PSU and temp silverstone mini ITX case until the HDPlex and S4M get here.

An aside: that 3-4 week air shipping option was only three business days for me. Left Taiwan on 7/26 and it's out for delivery today after the weekend. I'd consider that a great savings over paying $40 more for express shipping!
Dang that's awesome hope mine is that fast. Mine ships on Aug 3rd. You in the States?