SKYREACH 4 MINI (S4M)

SFFnewb

Caliper Novice
Jun 25, 2018
Sounds like a tripped brick. You must be drawing more than the brick could handle. Specs? And unfortunately even original dell bricks can trip... you might have to resort to power limit your gpu.

Z370-I
i7-8700k
Trident z 16gb
Zotac 1080 mini
Noctua cooler

I limited the gpu to 80% power and still no help.

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Z370-I
i7-8700k
Trident z 16gb
Zotac 1080 mini
Noctua cooler

When I was having a similar problem, I had to limit power down to 50% to run. Does that work for you?
Have you contacted HDPLEX about the problem?

Pestilaence

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 10, 2018
Z370-I
i7-8700k
Trident z 16gb
Zotac 1080 mini
Noctua cooler

While the overall build has been tested by Josh, I think a lot of people have been getting bum bricks. Did you purchase yours directly from Dell, or from a third party? If it was the latter, then you may have received one that did not pass Dell's quality control check, and the third party is just selling them at a cheaper price because they aren't up to snuff. I'm assuming that's how mine is. I could use my brick to game just fine, but I couldn't overclock at all, otherwise it would force the system to power cycle.

Because of that, and my future upgrade choices, I bit the bullet and bought a Eurocom 780. I haven't looked back since...

I'm willing to bet that the issue isn't with the HDPLEX. They seem to be incredibly solid, and it seems like the majority of people are having issues with the Dell bricks.... But, I could be wrong.

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
While the overall build has been tested by Josh, I think a lot of people have been getting bum bricks. Did you purchase yours directly from Dell, or from a third party? If it was the latter, then you may have received one that did not pass Dell's quality control check, and the third party is just selling them at a cheaper price because they aren't up to snuff. I'm assuming that's how mine is. I could use my brick to game just fine, but I couldn't overclock at all, otherwise it would force the system to power cycle.

Because of that, and my future upgrade choices, I bit the bullet and bought a Eurocom 780. I haven't looked back since...

I'm willing to bet that the issue isn't with the HDPLEX. They seem to be incredibly solid, and it seems like the majority of people are having issues with the Dell bricks.... But, I could be wrong.
My issue was with the HDPLEX 400w DC-ATX. Larry from HDPLEX was very helpful in troubleshooting my problem. Ultimately had to replace the DC-ATX unit.

SFFnewb

Caliper Novice
Jun 25, 2018
Bought the $160 brick from dell directly.

When I was having a similar problem, I had to limit power down to 50% to run. Does that work for you?

There site was having problems yesterday.

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Oh wow, really? You're the first person I've heard about, that has had an issue with it. Did they say what the exact problem was?
I also tried five different ac adapters, and pc was still tripping.
It was something related to the 3v / cap (on some of the units with the newer heatsink design) on the 24pin. I had a 160w dc-atx and spare 330w ac adapter sitting around, so I used those to power the cpu, while the 400w powered the GTX1080. System ran OK. That helped eliminate 12v as the problem since it was able to power the GTX1080, so it must have been the other rails / voltages.

Last edited:

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
My issue was with the HDPLEX 400w DC-ATX. Larry from HDPLEX was very helpful in troubleshooting my problem. Ultimately had to replace the DC-ATX unit.

For the record, we should start listing the version numbers of the HDPLEX 400. Version 1.4 is the newest and also has had the largest changes. I am wondering if there are some issues with this version. Not to panic or anything they might still be solid but they don't have the rock solid pedigree yet of the other versions which I have used scores of.

Reactions: Phuncz

SFFnewb

Caliper Novice
Jun 25, 2018
For the record, we should start listing the version numbers of the HDPLEX 400. Version 1.4 is the newest and also has had the largest changes. I am wondering if there are some issues with this version. Not to panic or anything they might still be solid but they don't have the rock solid pedigree yet of the other versions which I have used scores of.

Supposedly it’s the difference between the 2piece heatsink vs single.

aschafer14

Cable Smoosher
Jul 5, 2018
Any tips on getting the Cryorig C7 and Noctua NF A9x14 to attach without adding profile. I found and 3D printed an adapter but that small increase in profile makes it too tall to get the case back together.

LFO

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 23, 2018
Interesting but confusing, I didn't know about the HDPLEX 400w DC-ATX revisions, so how does one know what version you have?