SKYREACH 4 MINI (S4M)

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Yeah, I found the model of Skyreach, but I don't really know how to use Sketchup. Will have to figure out how I can measure the lenght of the top/bottom parts (with the bend).

I only saw the sketchup file, I assume you mean that one.
Nah, there was a wrap file in there at one point. Might still be on my pc if it's not there anymore.

-edit-

For the classic, that is :)

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Don’t use the sketchup files for wraps. Take your mini to a place that does it professionally if I don’t have the files yet. When I do they will be made public, but I have other projects I need to get out of the way first :)

Reactions: Biowarejak

Pestilaence

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 10, 2018
Yeah, the Sketchup model is close to the actual case, but it's not exact. Just get the vinyl and wrap the case yourself, like I did! It's easy, and more fulfilling than having someone else do it.

Halfdan

Average Stuffer
Sep 5, 2015
Thanks for the replies. I want to do a vinyl wrap with custom art on it, so I'll need to know the size of the piece at least before ordering from a vinyl shop. I guess I'll just measure the dimensions when I get my case.

Yeah, the Sketchup model is close to the actual case, but it's not exact. Just get the vinyl and wrap the case yourself, like I did! It's easy, and more fulfilling than having someone else do it.

Did you cut out the vent holes yourself? Was it tricky cutting them out and aligning the wrap? I was hoping to use the template and ask a local shop to cut out the shape and the vent holes when making the wrap.

Halfdan

Average Stuffer
Sep 5, 2015
Good to know. :) . Just to be clear, you cut out the vents from the reverse side of the wrap? This seems the easiest way to me as well, only thing I'm a bit worried about is scratching the case when cutting out the vents.

SuckingALemon

Efficiency Noob
May 5, 2018
Post a pic of your setup. Most likely you switched the 4+4 pin eps and 6+2 pin pcie power.

Hello, Sorry it has taken a while to get back to this thread regarding my setup.

I am still having troubles getting my brickless build powered up. The build starts up fine with an ATX power supply - but once I start using the recommended parts for brickless power supply, it just doesn't boot.

Here are pictures:

Reactions: Biowarejak

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Hello, Sorry it has taken a while to get back to this thread regarding my setup.

I am still having troubles getting my brickless build powered up. The build starts up fine with an ATX power supply - but once I start using the recommended parts for brickless power supply, it just doesn't boot.

Here are pictures:

I meant a pic of how you connect the psu to the mobo.

Meanwhile,

Anything happened when you plug everything to the wall? Does the mobo lights turn on like when you plug the atx psu?

Have you tried clearing cmos?

Have you tried jumping the power header manually?

Reactions: Nanook

SuckingALemon

Efficiency Noob
May 5, 2018
I meant a pic of how you connect the psu to the mobo.

Meanwhile,

Anything happened when you plug everything to the wall? Does the mobo lights turn on like when you plug the atx psu?

Have you tried clearing cmos?

Have you tried jumping the power header manually?

Hello, thanks for the response! I have uploaded two more photos here:

When I plug everything to the wall, I don't see any mobo lights. Typically, when I plug the ATX power supply in, I see the NFC On/Off Power Button light up when I start the system up.

I have not tried clearing the CMOS - and have not tried jumping the power header manually. Can you give me a couple hints as to what that means? Which jumper ?

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
When I plug everything to the wall, I don't see any mobo lights. Typically, when I plug the ATX power supply in, I see the NFC On/Off Power Button light up when I start the system up.

I have not tried clearing the CMOS - and have not tried jumping the power header manually. Can you give me a couple hints as to what that means? Which jumper ?
I can't quite make up the wires, but it looks alright. Can you confirm that the connector going to the cpu side is indeed the 4+4 molex, NOT the 6+2 one?

So if you wire everything correctly, when you plug it into the wall the mobo should light up even if you don't turn it on with the switch. Try it with the atx unit, see for yourself. Now if you don't see any light turn on then either something is wrong with the wiring or the psu.

About clearing the cmos, refer to your motherboard manual. The easiest way is to locate the coin battery (it's in a plastic pouch mounted by magnet somewhere on the rear i/o) then plugging it out and back in again.

SuckingALemon

Efficiency Noob
May 5, 2018
I am using the 4+4 connected to the CPU side.

It just seems like something is wrong with the PSU / Converter - just wish I had a multimeter to test things out.

Thanks again for your help. Just need to figure out what my next step is..

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Hello, thanks for the response! I have uploaded two more photos here:

Based on your photographs, everything looks to be connected correctly. Have you contacted HDPlex ?

Flumper Dinkle

Trash Compacter
Feb 26, 2018
I am using the 4+4 connected to the CPU side.

It just seems like something is wrong with the PSU / Converter - just wish I had a multimeter to test things out.

Thanks again for your help. Just need to figure out what my next step is..

Because your motherboard works with the ATX power supply I wouldn't worry about your motherboard lights atm.
The direct plug PSU should be able to power on using a jumper without needing to be plugged into the motherboard. Check the diagrams on the HDPLEX website to see where exactly the jumper pins are. I would test this to make sure it is getting power from the brick. If not then we have at least narrowed it down to an issue with the HDPLEX equipment, either the brick or the direct plug PSU.
If it does get power then the mystery continues...

SuckingALemon

Efficiency Noob
May 5, 2018
Because your motherboard works with the ATX power supply I wouldn't worry about your motherboard lights atm.
The direct plug PSU should be able to power on using a jumper without needing to be plugged into the motherboard. Check the diagrams on the HDPLEX website to see where exactly the jumper pins are. I would test this to make sure it is getting power from the brick. If not then we have at least narrowed it down to an issue with the HDPLEX equipment, either the brick or the direct plug PSU.
If it does get power then the mystery continues...

So if I jump PS_ON , as shown on this diagram https://www.hdplex.com/hdplex-160w-dc-atx-power-supply-16v-24v-wide-range-voltage-input.html - then I *should* hear the power supply make some noise? perhaps?

SpringerTheNerd

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 7, 2017
What specs are you guys running in your rigs? I currently have a i7 7500 with the zotac 1080 powered by a HDPLEX 400 and a Dell 330 brick. I have a 7700k that I might throw in but I'm unsure how well my power delivery will handle it and I'm also worried about temps.

Thirumal Kumaran

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 22, 2018
What specs are you guys running in your rigs? I currently have a i7 7500 with the zotac 1080 powered by a HDPLEX 400 and a Dell 330 brick. I have a 7700k that I might throw in but I'm unsure how well my power delivery will handle it and I'm also worried about temps.
Soon you can retire your brick and get the hdplex 400w dc ac...
Pretty sure it will be more reliable than the Dell brick..

Reactions: TheHig and br3nd0

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Soon you can retire your brick and get the hdplex 400w dc ac...
Pretty sure it will be more reliable than the Dell brick..

Ryzen 2600/ MSI 1060 6gb/ HdPlex 400 powered by the Dell 330w brick. Bought the brick and plex used and no issues for me.

Looking to go brickless when the new 400w Hdplex drops since I built this to be portable.

Can confirm the 160w dc was ok with a 1050ti brickles in the same build but seemed to be pushing it. It would “chirp” under heavy loads.

Last edited: