SKYREACH 4 MINI (S4M)

Flumper Dinkle

Trash Compacter
Feb 26, 2018
So if I jump PS_ON , as shown on this diagram https://www.hdplex.com/hdplex-160w-dc-atx-power-supply-16v-24v-wide-range-voltage-input.html - then I *should* hear the power supply make some noise? perhaps?
Sorry for taking ages to respond. It should power on and a blue led will turn on to show it powers up. If it doesn't then you have an issue with either the direct plug or the brick and it'll be worth contacting Larry at HDPLEX. If it does power on then that's suggesting to me that you have faulty cables or a loose connection somewhere

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
That's not true. An HDplex 400 cannot handle the 8700K and zotac 1080ti mini. At least it'll be choking.

For clarity, I don't think the HDPLEX 400 AC-DC will handle a 8700K and 1080ti without tuning or cooling

But

The HDPLEX 400 DC-DC handles an overclocked 7960X with a 1080ti boosted to 2200Mhz under water noooooo problems for me with the right power supply.

Pestilaence

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 10, 2018
That's not true. An HDplex 400 cannot handle the 8700K and zotac 1080ti mini. At least it'll be choking.

For clarity, I don't think the HDPLEX 400 AC-DC will handle a 8700K and 1080ti without tuning or cooling

But

The HDPLEX 400 DC-DC handles an overclocked 7960X with a 1080ti boosted to 2200Mhz under water noooooo problems for me with the right power supply.

/\ That. I have the DC-DC version, not the new AC-DC one that is coming out, so that's what I was talking about. Since I was unable to get the Eurocom unit from Josh, I went ahead and purchased a new one, with a 4 pin CX16 aviation cable from a seller in Canada. Just need to wait for the shipping down here to the midwest US. After that, super overclock time!!!

Moz

Minimal Tinkerer
Jul 3, 2018
Hey guys, I'm having some big problems with my HDPlex 400W-DCATX (2 of them) I'm hoping you can help me with.

I bought 2 x HDPlex 400 to go into my Skyreach 4 Mini build as well as the HDPlex 300W AC Adapter and 2 x Dell 330w LA330PM160 power bricks.

For the life of me I cannot get any combination to boot my computer. The computer will start up and turn off when booting into Windows every single time. As you can probably tell I've been trying for a while, hence why I have to HDPlex's and 2 power bricks.

My PC specs are:

i7 8700 (non K)
ROG H370i ITX Motherboard
16GB Ram
Zotac 1080 Mini
2 x HDD's
2 x M.2 SSD's

When I use a normal 450w SFX PSU the computer boots fine. I can play all my games no problem. As soon as I change back to the HDPlex, the computer no longer boots.

Surely my build isn't using over the rated wattage? I see so many builds here with the same parts that seem to work. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

**Edit** I should mention that disconnecting the GPU from the power doesn't help. It still won't boot.

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
I think there's a thread a while back about the exact same issue solved by clearing cmos. Maybe try that first?

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Hey guys, I'm having some big problems with my HDPlex 400W-DCATX (2 of them) I'm hoping you can help me with.

I bought 2 x HDPlex 400 to go into my Skyreach 4 Mini build as well as the HDPlex 300W AC Adapter and 2 x Dell 330w LA330PM160 power bricks.

For the life of me I cannot get any combination to boot my computer. The computer will start up and turn off when booting into Windows every single time. As you can probably tell I've been trying for a while, hence why I have to HDPlex's and 2 power bricks.

My PC specs are:

i7 8700 (non K)
ROG H370i ITX Motherboard
16GB Ram
Zotac 1080 Mini
2 x HDD's
2 x M.2 SSD's

When I use a normal 450w SFX PSU the computer boots fine. I can play all my games no problem. As soon as I change back to the HDPlex, the computer no longer boots.

Surely my build isn't using over the rated wattage? I see so many builds here with the same parts that seem to work. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

**Edit** I should mention that disconnecting the GPU from the power doesn't help. It still won't boot.
I have a very similar setup (only differences are 8700K and Strix Z370i), and starts up fine. Make sure your cables are correctly connected, and try resetting your CMOS. If those two fail, contact HDPlex.

Moz

Minimal Tinkerer
Jul 3, 2018
Thanks for replying guys. I tried resetting the CMOS with no luck. I then updated the Bios to the latest version released a few days ago.. still no luck :(

I can enter the Bios just fine. It can sit in the Bios all day if it wants but as soon as Windows gets to about its second spin around while loading the HDPlex "clicks" and shuts off.

Talk about frustrating :mad:

Pestilaence

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 10, 2018
The seller for my Eurocom unit said they will finally be shipping it out today. It should take a week and a half, roughly, to get to me. I also ordered some Noctua 40MM fans to swap out the stock ones, since apparently, they're ridiculously loud.

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Thanks for replying guys. I tried resetting the CMOS with no luck. I then updated the Bios to the latest version released a few days ago.. still no luck :(

I can enter the Bios just fine. It can sit in the Bios all day if it wants but as soon as Windows gets to about its second spin around while loading the HDPlex "clicks" and shuts off.

Talk about frustrating :mad:

If you want to ship me your system I can take a look-see. I can't imagine what is wrong if you can boot it with a "normal" PSU.

The seller for my Eurocom unit said they will finally be shipping it out today. It should take a week and a half, roughly, to get to me. I also ordered some Noctua 40MM fans to swap out the stock ones, since apparently, they're mind-frackeningly loud.

Fixed.

Naiman

Case Bender
Jul 3, 2018
Hey guys! I met Skyreach s4 mini just recently and i'm in love with it, but i got some questions because i'm not a professional in all this PC area and builds (so i'm sorry if my questions gona be stupid)

1) I can buy Skyreach 4 mini from (https://www.sfflab.com/products/nfc_s4m) with "Riser" for gpu included, but you dont get a "on\off switch" and you should order it from (http://nfc-systems.com/shop-all?category=All Products). Am i right?

2) Also i dont understand a thing of how to power this baby (rly appreciate if u explain me all this in a "put this thing to that thing and put that in that hole and put some screws here" manner, mby someone can shot a video with explanations and step by step moves for idiots? would be legendary). All i did understood is that i need to order HDplex 400 (https://www.hdplex.com/hdplex-400w-hi-fi-dc-atx-power-supply-16v-24v-wide-range-voltage-input.html), and there's also an option to get a HDPLEX NanoATX Combo (+40 bucks), do i need this? Plus i need to order from somethere a certain Dell power brick for Laptops. And that is all i need to be happy right?

3) I'm not interested in a beast machine, i just need a solid build for video montage in HD or FullHD, and a little gaming, also it should be silent, and less then 70-75 temps. so i need your opinion or approval. So its i5-8400 (can s4 handle overclocked 8600k?), gtx 1060 6g, 16gb ram. Also thought about node 202, but when i saw S4 mini, my thoughts about node 202 are vanished

4) Final question is that maybe someone could be my saviour and send me your S4 with all that hdplex + laptop brick etc., for the money ofc.
I'm from Russia and ordering from all that different places + shipping will cost me a fortune...But anyway i'm willing to try this out, even if i'll have to eat only buckwheat for a few months haha

From Siberia with love.

Reactions: doomsdaydexter

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
Hey guys! I met Skyreach s4 mini just recently and i'm in love with it, but i got some questions because i'm not a professional in all this PC area and builds (so i'm sorry if my questions gona be stupid)

1) I can buy Skyreach 4 mini from (https://www.sfflab.com/products/nfc_s4m) with "Riser" for gpu included, but you dont get a "on\off switch" and you should order it from (http://nfc-systems.com/shop-all?category=All Products). Am i right?

2) Also i dont understand a thing of how to power this baby (rly appreciate if u explain me all this in a "put this thing to that thing and put that in that hole and put some screws here" manner, mby someone can shot a video with explanations and step by step moves for idiots? would be legendary). All i did understood is that i need to order HDplex 400 (https://www.hdplex.com/hdplex-400w-hi-fi-dc-atx-power-supply-16v-24v-wide-range-voltage-input.html), and there's also an option to get a HDPLEX NanoATX Combo (+40 bucks), do i need this? Plus i need to order from somethere a certain Dell power brick for Laptops. And that is all i need to be happy right?

3) I'm not interested in a beast machine, i just need a solid build for video montage in HD or FullHD, and a little gaming, also it should be silent, and less then 70-75 temps. so i need your opinion or approval. So its i5-8400 (can s4 handle overclocked 8600k?), gtx 1060 6g, 16gb ram. Also thought about node 202, but when i saw S4 mini, my thoughts about node 202 are vanished

4) Final question is that maybe someone could be my saviour and send me your S4 with all that hdplex + laptop brick etc., for the money ofc.
I'm from Russia and ordering from all that different places + shipping will cost me a fortune...But anyway i'm willing to try this out, even if i'll have to eat only buckwheat for a few months haha

From Siberia with love.
Hey, if you go with the system outlined (1060 6gb + 8400) you could probably get away with a much cheaper 160w - 300w PSU. You'll even be able to go brickless if you wanted to!

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/orangulan-deux-2-bricks-1-case.6746/

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/nfc-s4-mini-77-orangulan-brickless-s4.812/

doomsdaydexter

Chassis Packer
Aug 27, 2017
Not

From Siberia with love.[/QUOTE Not going g to be silent unless you put an ultra low power CPU + passively cooled GPU in there. However if the cpu load is minimal it will be pretty quiet.

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com

From Siberia with love.

Hello my friend from Siberia! Where in Siberia do you live, by the way? It is a big place and I am trying to improve my understanding of geography.

I'll do my best to answer your questions in the same format you asked.

1. The MINI comes with all the metal parts you see in the pictures, and it comes with my SILIFLEX riser. You will have to purchase an ON/OFF switch of your choosing. I sell a premium stainless switch made exclusively for NFC-SYSTEMS in my store (I need to upload the new pictures).

2. I have not completed the S4M installation video but I do have a video for the S4M-C on my YouTube channel. It has received criticism because it does not have detailed instructions on installing the HDPLEX--but if you know how to install a normal PSU it is very simple. I do have footage shot I just need to edit and publish it (which is four days of work I need to find). XD I'm happy to answer your questions via email when you get to that part. The HDPLEX 400 comes with everything you need for the install, and it is 100% plug and play in the S4M.

3 and 4.

Check out my recommended and approved builds:

www.nfc-systems.com/boms

You will also find the recommendations for power supplies based on your choices and a list of EVERY part needed to build a MINI, along with suggested optional parts.

If you have more questions, just ask.

Reactions: Naiman and Damascus

Naiman

Case Bender
Jul 3, 2018
Hello my friend from Siberia! Where in Siberia do you live, by the way? It is a big place and I am trying to improve my understanding of geography.

Check out my recommended and approved builds:

www.nfc-systems.com/boms

You will also find the recommendations for power supplies based on your choices and a list of EVERY part needed to build a MINI, along with suggested optional parts.

If you have more questions, just ask.

Hey Josh! I'm from Novosibirsk, due to my job (rescue operations), i often have to live in Krasnoyarks and Tomsk regions, so S4 mini is just beautiful thing that i can take with me all around.

Thanks for your reply

Reactions: Josh | NFC