SKYREACH 4 MINI (S4M)

Naavjames

Trash Compacter
Mar 17, 2018
Thats not the main point, but I think I feel the vibe here...
I'm not "underselling" them, I just ventilate my frustration (they make a great 400w dc psu, but it can't be powered, max brick is 330w!).
Like I mentioned above, I looked at the alternatives.

If they would make a plug and play kit, that at least can supply the 400w of power from my wall outlet to my hardware, I would buy it without doubt.

That was my point...
But hey, apparently no critisism allowed.

One step at a time brother. Something about slow and steady wins the race ? Word on the street is the 400 AC/DC brick is in the works.....I’m definitely grateful to have the hdplex 400watt (half of the equation) in the meantime to play around with.

Now if we could get the big companies to focus R&D on our niche that would be something. @Josh | NFC ideas for a new video?

Thirumal Kumaran

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 22, 2018
What’s the best graphic card a brickless build could possibly handle? 1070 mini? 1080 mini?
That's a question dependent of 2 things...
1. What ac dc power supply being planned ( currently only 160w is available ) but might change later.
2. The power consumption of the remaining components excluding the graphics card.
So far, if you are using a site desktop processor. (65w) the max you can safely cram is 1050ti. But there are cases who were lucky with a 1060.
If you are going with any low voltage T series. 1060 should fit without issues.

Reactions: kulbida

skp683

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 13, 2017
@Josh - I've tried searching this forum but can't find the answer. Can you tell me if the Skywire cables (for HDPLEX 400W) from your store will be compatible with these motherboards?

- ASRock H270M-ITX/AC
- ASRock Z270M-ITX/AC

kulbida

Average Stuffer
Jan 8, 2018
@Josh - I've tried searching this forum but can't find the answer. Can you tell me if the Skywire cables (for HDPLEX 400W) from your store will be compatible with these motherboards?

- ASRock H270M-ITX/AC
- ASRock Z270M-ITX/AC

Yes, they are compatible with both boards listed. They will work for any board that has the 24-pin in the standard location along the right edge of the board.

Reactions: Josh | NFC

Obelisk

Trash Compacter
Nov 21, 2017
Yes, they are compatible with both boards listed. They will work for any board that has the 24-pin in the standard location along the right edge of the board.
Does the location of the 8-pin matter? Or does it just have to be long enough?

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com

- ASRock H270M-ITX/AC
- ASRock Z270M-ITX/AC

Yup--as long as the connectors are in the same position or between the boards I listed (which they are).

The CPU 4+4 should fit with most motherboards now; I don't know of one where it wouldn't.

Thanks everyone who answered!

Reactions: kulbida

McTeags

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 18, 2017
As posted by people cooler than me a couple pages back, you are right! Larry from HDPLEX is currently working on brining a 400w internal AC/DC converter that will fit in the S4M. $_$
Will fit with gigabyte 1080 mini but not the Zotac 1080 mini.