SKYREACH 4 MINI (S4M)

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Ah, I see the product page specs now. If its depth will stay the same, then I assume it won't impact any max height cards since the 160W one fits just fine. I've been out of the loop for some time; have they mentioned when this will come out?
Yes... last month... as with everything, delays and such.. no official word yet so we can only wait.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3143741

@Josh | NFC can you give this a try some time? It's a simple adapter for the Skyreach 4 mini to install a C6 power entry.

You will need a C6, power entry, 28mm pitch, M3 Thru-hole type.

File is public domain so feel free to create derivatives etc.

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3143741

@Josh | NFC can you give this a try some time? It's a simple adapter for the Skyreach 4 mini to install a C6 power entry.

You will need a C6, power entry, 28mm pitch, M3 Thru-hole type.

File is public domain so feel free to create derivatives etc.

Which AC receptor module did you plan this for at 24mm? I can print it and buy the connector and show peeps. Thanks for contributing ideas for people that want to use a C6 cord.

Nightblade

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 29, 2017
@Josh | NFC so I am having power issues and I think I might have gotten a bad power brick. The system shuts off immediately when I log in to windows. The power brick I'm using is the Dell 330w XM3C3. My system is the parts in my signature, but with a 1060 instead of the 1070.

Should I just buy this from Dell or should I try a different model?

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
The XM3C3 is a bin from the DA330PM111 and is not great.

I have never used the 1070ti but it seems to me the DA330PM111 could at least hold until you did something...somewhat strenuous.

Either way, the brick you want is the LA330PM160 / 0GT1CX

Good luck!

LFO

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 23, 2018
Hey @Josh | NFC thanks for the HDPLEX 400 ATX line-up, now I know I have the 1.4 4th revision with the darker color. But I'm wondering if there might be another revision within this 1.4 rev number as my coil covers/caps are totally black. The 4th 1.4 in your video still has 100 printed on them.

Cheers!

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Hey @Josh | NFC thanks for the HDPLEX 400 ATX line-up, now I know I have the 1.4 4th revision with the darker color. But I'm wondering if there might be another revision within this 1.4 rev number as my coil covers/caps are totally black. The 4th 1.4 in your video still has 100 printed on them.

Cheers!

I don't have all of them haha just a few :)

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
@Josh | NFC

I've been working on the Distro 400, and today I had the pleasure of testing building prototype V2 inside the S4 mini. It's something I've been working for a while, and as you know, I'm a huge proponent of 12V builds.

I hope it can be something you can recommend when it releases. The main thread is here.

Also, the S4 mini is a pleasure to build in, minus the dual fan bracket. If you remove that bend on the bracket, which i'm not sure the purpose of, you can easily slide the bracket from the side if you want to install it after the GPU, instead of needing to take the front panel off.

Last edited:

Mauley

Chassis Packer
May 6, 2018
Hi guys, I am looking for a recommendation on a carry case for the S4. I am travelling on the plane to New Zealand and need a good case to carry my PC with me.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I am from the UK and I am just taking the S4 Mini and cables. No monitor.

Just wondering if you guys have any recommendations?

Thanks

AMv8-1day

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 13, 2017
Unlike most other PCs, even ones like the A4 SFX and the NCASE, the S4M can fit in pretty much any backpack.
As long as you've got a healthy dose of padding, should should be fine with whatever backpack works for you.
Although I'd remind you that you'll likely have to pull it out during security screening, so however you pack it, make sure it's easily accessible and re-packable.

Reactions: fergunat000

LFO

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 23, 2018
I don't have all of them haha just a few :)

Of course ;-)

Another quick question, you mention Bifurcation or breakout through a m.2. slot in your last live stream.

I was wondering what do I need to add a low profile firewire card in a ROG STRIX X470-I GAMING motherboard?
I already have space left in the s4 mini as Ill be using the WX5100 GPU but I need a firewire connection for my audio peripherals.

D-lock has a small yet discontinued FW card, and an awesome m.2 adapter/convertor, unfortunately it has a network card attached to it. Something similar with a FW card would be awesome.

https://www.delock.de/produkte/G_95236/merkmale.html?setLanguage=en
https://www.delock.de/produkte/S_63425/merkmale.html?setLanguage=en

Thx for any info, cheers!

sparklepony

Average Stuffer
Jul 24, 2018
Can someone with a zotac 1070 mini please inform me how many millimeters there is from the top of the card to the side of the case?
I would need 40mm to fit the hd plex 400 adapter (once it is released) along the side of the case. I dont think there is that much space, but if I could get the measurement that would be a great help as I think I can make nearly 20mm extra space by chopping up the case a bit and moving the card closer to the motherboard by having the flex riser bend in such a way it will lie on top of it self.

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Can someone with a zotac 1070 mini please inform me how many millimeters there is from the top of the card to the side of the case?
I would need 40mm to fit the hd plex 400 adapter (once it is released) along the side of the case. I dont think there is that much space, but if I could get the measurement that would be a great help as I think I can make nearly 20mm extra space by chopping up the case a bit and moving the card closer to the motherboard by having the flex riser bend in such a way it will lie on top of it self.

This GPU should be included in the S4M 3D Sketchup model--it might be hidden but that will let you get good measurements, and be able to see where you can mod the chassis.

I hope this helps. :)

Peace

sparklepony

Average Stuffer
Jul 24, 2018
Thanks Josh. But I don't know how to use the sketchup models.
I know how to use my measuring tape and my cutting tools though! :)
I'll post the pictures of how it went once the adapter is available.

McTeags

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 18, 2017
the mini feet raise the mini ~17mm from the desk.

Made a difference to GPU temps for me. I have a Zotac 1080 mini

(Temperatures dT over ambient)

vertical mini = 45C
horizontal mini (no feet) = 54C (fans ran at 100% speed)
horizontal mini (feet) = 48C

Thanks for sharing this info. I have a set of feet I haven’t used yet because I don’t have enough space on my desk to set my PC horizontally. I’ve been thinking of ways I could attach the feet to the top of the case and mount it to the underside of my desk. Good to know temps won’t be affected too much.

Nightblade

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 29, 2017
hey @Josh | NFC would it be possible to mount the HDPLEX 400w to the side panel so that the 24 pins are above each other respectively(using washers through the skyslots)? doing so would remove a lot of extra cabling imho. Only downside to this, is if you ever needed to open that side you would have to unmount the HDPLEX each time(unless you could make a 24 pin male to male adapter that literally is one solid piece).

The reasons I want to do this, are I'm not completely satisfied with my current system of 24 pin extension cables running from the bottom of the case below the graphics card, I would have a hard time if I wanted to upgrade the graphics card to a slightly taller one, and I can't put it in the "default" spot without sacrificing my front usb ports.

Last edited: