Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

aleck

Caliper Novice
Dec 8, 2019
In Europe... EMS would also be nice since DHL will mean almost certainly customs. And on a $200 + shipping case we could look into north of $80.

I can confirm this. Please offer EMS as option, arrives just ok (I ordered both M1 and A4 through it) and takes about 2 weeks to get from Taiwan to Europe.

Reactions: gibba

notbitcoin

Average Stuffer
Aug 3, 2019
We removed the 90 degree rotation b/c it was trapping heat at the front of the case - and I don't want to drill holes in the front panel to solve the problem.

However, the bracket to flip the PSU is included, for people that plan to flip the case.
Roger that. I'm planning on flipping the case and rotating the PSU (where heat trapping isn't as much of a problem), so I'll just come up with some bootleg way of doing it (with taut cables, I imagine you can just rest the PSU on the bottom panel and it'll hold in place well enough).

Mac2636

Trash Compacter
Jan 21, 2020
Going to be so difficult to keep self control and wait for orders to go live with Ghosts apparently coming in stock by next week.

hereforthefeast

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 25, 2019
Do we have any data yet on temps and noise levels vs Ghost, N1, or Steck? Really just started my research a couple of weeks ago, so I'm a bit behind.
It can fit the L12S without bending so that is a nice improvement from the Ghost. The mesh side panels should provide more airflow as well.

Vaux

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 12, 2018
Not sure all I know that this case is better for watercooling.
The ghost s1 is better for watercooling (with top hat, you have more space)
Sidearmd is better for gpu space ( 3 slot), dust filtering and also smaller

And for the ncase, the gpu take air from the floor which is a big nope for me ( dust + less airflow), that would be great if it was flippable on the side

My ideal case would be the sidearmd with the aio on top position by default ( so the gpu doesn't hang out, also it would allow dtx motherboard), slightly more height for 2*25mm fan with the 25mm radiator, dust filter on the bottom, power button on front and maybe slightly longer to accommodate msi trio (and that would make more place for extra 2,5" bay, ideally hot swappable).
But hey, close enough^^

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

Thank god for 3D printers. Imagine having to make these types of bend by hand...lol

Last edited:

Mac2636

Trash Compacter
Jan 21, 2020
It can fit the L12S without bending so that is a nice improvement from the Ghost. The mesh side panels should provide more airflow as well.
Thanks so much for the info. I'm pretty sure I want to go air cooled since I move my case at least twice a week and don't like the idea of jostling a water cooled setup that much. Though I have had a Zalman LQ-320 in my Elite 130 for almost 4 years now with no issues. If I did go back to water cooled I was thinking more of cooling the gpu, but maybe I'm wrong in this thought process? Since it seems like almost no one liquid cools the gpu while air cooling the cpu.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
If I did go back to water cooled I was thinking more of cooling the gpu, but maybe I'm wrong in this thought process? Since it seems like almost no one liquid cools the gpu while air cooling the cpu.
Personally, I think it's the other way around. The case can support 3 slot GPU's, and a 120mm AIO, so what I think would be the optimal setup would be is an AIO for the CPU and a 3 slot GPU

Mac2636

Trash Compacter
Jan 21, 2020
Personally, I think it's the other way around. The case can support 3 slot GPU's, and a 120mm AIO, so what I think would be the optimal setup would be is an AIO for the CPU and a 3 slot GPU
Yeah, most of the setups I'm seeing are like that, but watching some of the optimumtech reviews it looks like gpu cooling is more problematic at this size of a case, especially with the 2080 ti. Also, several of the water cooled gpu reviews I've seen, show significant improvements in performance (just from the card software boosts, without OCing) when the gpu is liquid cooled. Seeing that info and knowing I never really had issues (even with the stock Intel cooler) cooling my i7-4770k in my Elite 130, makes me think I'll have no issue with keeping the cpu cool in the T1, Ghost, or Steck. Granted my knowledge on the matter is extremely limited. Which is also why I appreciate the info from you guys so much. Thank you for that.

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
Yeah, most of the setups I'm seeing are like that, but watching some of the optimumtech reviews it looks like gpu cooling is more problematic at this size of a case, especially with the 2080 ti. Also, several of the water cooled gpu reviews I've seen, show significant improvements in performance (just from the card software boosts, without OCing) when the gpu is liquid cooled. Seeing that info and knowing I never really had issues (even with the stock Intel cooler) cooling my i7-4770k in my Elite 130, makes me think I'll have no issue with keeping the cpu cool in the T1, Ghost, or Steck. Granted my knowledge on the matter is extremely limited. Which is also why I appreciate the info from you guys so much. Thank you for that.
Morpheus 2 on your GPU and lt240 your CPU. best its gonna get for the volume.

Though we should wait for someone to test the morpheus to make sure it fits. It should, with slim fans.

heckinwoofer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 14, 2017
The tube dimension will vary for each motherboard socket position right?
Anyway, what is the resin material you used for the tubes?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Thanks so much for the info. I'm pretty sure I want to go air cooled since I move my case at least twice a week and don't like the idea of jostling a water cooled setup that much. Though I have had a Zalman LQ-320 in my Elite 130 for almost 4 years now with no issues. If I did go back to water cooled I was thinking more of cooling the gpu, but maybe I'm wrong in this thought process? Since it seems like almost no one liquid cools the gpu while air cooling the cpu.

The #1 issue with the L12S is interference with mobo I/O heatsink. That's one of the reason I thought we needed a AIO + 3 GPU Slot design.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
May I ask what 3D printer you're using to print these tubes?

The tube dimension will vary for each motherboard socket position right?
Anyway, what is the resin material you used for the tubes?

I'm working with a 3D printing factory. They have spent millions dollars on equipment, so this is not a do it at home process.

The resin is proprietary, the chemicals used to clean the supports inside the tubes is also a pain in the a$$. You don't want this stuff at home anyways.

I want to bring down the cost of hard tubing for SFF, and also make it easier to install. This combined with cheaper custom cables will make SFF more approachable for more people.

This also ties into our plan for SFFLAB 2.0 ?