Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Won’t this configuration pose problems with air bubbles, with the pump being higher than the radiator? I suppose you can flip it, but would be good if positive pressure can be retained.

Also what type of reservoir is that? Never seen it before.

You can flip the case to remove the bubble first, then flip back to normal orientation for real use. Air bubble is only a concern for custom loops, if you are going custom, no extra work.

There is a Fill Port on the Alphacool LT DC-LT Pump in addition to the Inlet and Outlet ports, so bubbles can be minimized. You don't have to rid all bubbles for the Alphaccool LT pump to be quiet. I have tested with little bubble vs. no bubble, the fans will be louder at a certain point, so the pump noise is not an issue.

It is not a reservoir, it's Alphacool Flow Indicator with Integrated Filter G1/4, since this build is intended for Alphacool Booth at Computex, I want to show off this unique product.

Last edited:

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
You can flip the case to remove the bubble first, then flip back to normal orientation for real use. Air bubble is only a concern for custom loops, if you are going custom, no extra work.

There is a Fill Port on the Alphacool LT DC-LT Pump in addition to the Inlet and Outlet ports, so bubbles can be minimized. You don't have to rid all bubbles for the Alphaccool LT pump to be quiet. I have tested with little bubble vs. no bubble, the fans will be louder at a certain point, so the pump noise is not an issue.

It is not a reservoir, it's Alphacool Flow Indicator with Integrated Filter G1/4, since this build is intended for Alphacool Booth at Computex, I want to show off this unique product.

The LT pump/block seems appropriate for this case so l will probably get one of those and the flow indicator sounds like it would be helpful especially because of the filter.

Looks great. Hope you can 3D print those tubes and thanks for the answer!

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
There are range of Space Gray, if you are referring to the real Apple Space Gray, there is only one supplier we have access to, and the price is silly territory (around ~$300-$500 just for the color at low volume).

So we are experimenting with other Gray colors, so the color option will be set after we get the anodized samples and pick a color.
What about Gunmetal Gray? It should be a valid alternative imho ?

BillT

Average Stuffer
Jan 26, 2019
There are range of Space Gray, if you are referring to the real Apple Space Gray, there is only one supplier we have access to, and the price is silly territory (around ~$300-$500 just for the color at low volume).

So we are experimenting with other Gray colors, so the color option will be set after we get the anodized samples and pick a color.
Maybe not $300 more lol!
Yeah like others said, if all Black is possible that would be even nicer. I just personally prefer darker colors on a case.

Reactions: Snakeyjakey

forstsiven

Chassis Packer
Jun 2, 2016
I just want it matt sandblasted a la apple or surface ?

The challenge with anodizing is that defects during the process can be quite costly to fix, eating into the profit margin. It's also pretty susceptible to damage; Cerakote is very durable, potentially expensive, but there are over a 100 possible colors. I'd like a high quality ano too, but wouldn't be opposed to cerakote.

AMv8-1day

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 13, 2017
The challenge with anodizing is that defects during the process can be quite costly to fix, eating into the profit margin. It's also pretty susceptible to damage; Cerakote is very durable, potentially expensive, but there are over a 100 possible colors. I'd like a high quality ano too, but wouldn't be opposed to cerakote.
Fine.
Nickle plating then. Screw it.
Let's go big and do the chameleon 15 layer paint job.

BillT

Average Stuffer
Jan 26, 2019
Didn't have a chance to post images until now.

Had to change the proportion of the Front Lid and Front Chassis to make room for fittings. There is no other way.

One thing I've always wanted to ask is, why do people assume it's negative air pressure in the flipped aka rad on top orientation?

Just flip the fan so they suck in air from the top. According to Optimum Tech, GPU on bottom has really awful temps (Ncase M1 2080Ti). I imagine rads are similar, putting them on top will give much better temps.

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
One thing I've always wanted to ask is, why do people assume it's negative air pressure in the flipped aka rad on top orientation?

Just flip the fan so they suck in air from the top. According to Optimum Tech, GPU on bottom has really awful temps (Ncase M1 2080Ti). I imagine rads are similar, putting them on top will give much better temps.
I have this question as well. I think that it’s because hot air rises and it’s more beneficial to have the rad on top as an exhaust instead of pushing hot air into the case.

I’d imagine that doing everything possible for temps in a small case like this can make a significant difference.

BillT

Average Stuffer
Jan 26, 2019
I have this question as well. I think that it’s because hot air rises and it’s more beneficial to have the rad on top as an exhaust instead of pushing hot air into the case.

I’d imagine that doing everything possible for temps in a small case like this can make a significant difference.
It was either LTT or Gamersnexus who did a test on this, and it turned out blowing hot air up vs down makes virtually no difference in temp.

The small density difference in air due to temperature is no where near the power of even a low RPM fan. Limited air intake as on the bottom of the case though, has been shown to significantly worsen temperature.

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
It was either LTT or Gamersnexus who did a test on this, and it turned out blowing hot air up vs down makes virtually no difference in temp.

The small density difference in air due to temperature is no where near the power of even a low RPM fan. Limited air intake as on the bottom of the case though, has been shown to significantly worsen temperature.
Good to know that there’s that alternative. More dust inside the case is not a good compromise for me.

In the end, I guess the ideal configuration will depend on the parts chosen by each person and their preference. Each have their pros and cons.