Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
The CNC aluminum looks premium as hell! Any updates on color options?

But then again, this raw unprocessed CNC texture looks so good, would you consider making it a finish option?

Haven't gotten the anodized samples to choose colors yet. Prob after Computex.

The raw CNC aluminum is a fingerprint magnet, great for photos, visually unsanitary with prolonged use, just better off with anodizing.

We can anodize it and try to preserve the CNC pattern, but it needs to be anodized and fingerprint-proof sprayed.

Reactions: BillT and AMv8-1day

BillT

Average Stuffer
Jan 26, 2019
Haven't gotten the anodized samples to choose colors yet. Prob after Computex.

The raw CNC aluminum is a fingerprint magnet, great for photos, visually unsanitary with prolonged use, just better off with anodizing.

We can anodize it and try to preserve the CNC pattern, but it needs to be anodized and fingerprint-proof sprayed.
Gotcha. Fingerprint proofing is definitely necessary.

I see you don't have the samples back yet, but what are your intended color options?

BeerNsoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 12, 2017
Really looking forward to this case.

Not trying to influence one way or the other, but at this point is 25mm 240 radiator support in or still waiting to compare their performance inside the case before going one way or the other? If 240s are supported what are the new dimensions? Some of your more recent comments have suggested yes. I did read the whole thread... In a fairly sleep deprived state. Sorry if I missed something.

Another poster suggested the space grey/gun metal/dark grey on the larger half with black on the smaller half. That'll look really good with darker tinted glass imo (Maybe trying to influence just a little lol). Not make or break but I hope that'll be an option!

For whatever it's worth I preferred the smaller "v1" front panel radiator section to the larger "v2", but both look good.

If it does end up being a one and done, limited quantity run would it be possible to set up an email notification system or something? Really don't want to miss this one :).

Keep up the great work!

Reactions: psurge

NetherworId

Minimal Tinkerer
Jan 22, 2019
Wow. This thing is going to accommodate my Vega Nitro+. I would have never thought that i'd blow 240-270 USD on a case, but if this works out the way i'm imaging it, it will be well worth it. What a time to be alive.

Reactions: LegendsofMace

Demon Boy Jr

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2017
Probably too early to say, but will there be an option to order multiple side panels? As in ordering the case with vented Aluminum panels plus an additional set of Glass panels?

Reactions: Raptor_N60

OtackKulandinglar

Trash Compacter
May 24, 2019
Hello! Just wanted to let you know that your project got me out of lurk mode and made me make an account to express interest. Planning out my very first SFF build. I have been all over the map on case contemplation but this one is really calling out to me.

BillT

Average Stuffer
Jan 26, 2019
@Wahaha360
You may be interested in this. For sandwich design, it seems that using fans as exhaust gives significantly better temps. 7C cooler and 1.5C cooler for GPU and CPU respectively. That's just from switching fan direction.

7C on GPU may even affect boost clocks. Definitely will make it much quieter at least.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
@Wahaha360
You may be interested in this. For sandwich design, it seems that using fans as exhaust gives significantly better temps. 7C cooler and 1.5C cooler for GPU and CPU respectively. That's just from switching fan direction.

7C on GPU may even affect boost clocks. Definitely will make it much quieter at least.

I saw the video too, most of us suspected exhaust out of the case will give the best temps, but it’s nice to have these numbers quantified.

We will def test internally as well.

Secret-Misthios

Average Stuffer
May 25, 2019
I hope I didnt miss it, but I didnt see it mentioned. It says it can support a three slot GPU up to the length shown on the thread. However with thicker/taller cards in the RTX lineup, it's a good question to ask. My current card, an MSI RTX 2070 Gaming Z has a height of height of 155mm. Would it fit in the case and allow the room for the power connector? Its length should be fine at 307mm and being a 2.5 [essentially 3] slot card.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I hope I didnt miss it, but I didnt see it mentioned. It says it can support a three slot GPU up to the length shown on the thread. However with thicker/taller cards in the RTX lineup, it's a good question to ask. My current card, an MSI RTX 2070 Gaming Z has a height of height of 155mm. Would it fit in the case and allow the room for the power connector? Its length should be fine at 307mm and being a 2.5 [essentially 3] slot card.

According to MSI website, the GPU height is 140mm, https://us.msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-RTX-2070-GAMING-Z-8G/Specification.

If the card is 140mm tall, then it should fit, because the EVGA RTX 2080FTW is also 140mm tall and almost 3 slot throughout, and it fits:

* THIS IS PROTOTYPE 1, NOT 2

There is about 157mm of space for GPU + PCIe Cable.

Last edited:

Secret-Misthios

Average Stuffer
May 25, 2019
According to MSI website, the GPU height is 140mm, https://us.msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-RTX-2070-GAMING-Z-8G/Specification.

If the card is 140mm tall, then it should fit, because the EVGA RTX 2080FTW is also 140mm tall and almost 3 slot throughout, and it fits:

There is about 157mm of space for GPU + PCIe Cable.
Unfortunately I've measured out to be 155mm and its echoed in reviews. MSI also lists the 2070 Gaming Z as having a length of 295mm when it actually has 307mm.

At 157mm for both pcie + GPU, would routing neatly perhaps allow the card and cable to fit [with 155mm of height in the card]. Future cards will be picked more thoroughly but I already own this one through a good deal.

teodoro

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 8, 2018
I don't know what the "standard" points are for measuring graphics card height. but using some rough estimations by pixel count using the hdmi as reference, I put the gaming z 2070 as 5mm taller than a ftw3 2080. the msi card does look to have moderately recessed pci-e connectors whereas the evga card does not. I didn't estimate how far they're recessed (I couldn't quickly find a picture that had a known reference dimension) but visually I'd guess 5-10mm. I don't think msi would have bothered unless it was at least that much room. I'd wager if the 2080 ftw3 fits, a 2070 gaming z probably will, too.

Reactions: Secret-Misthios

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I can see much scratch on the corner of part.
Is it hard anodized treatment or color treatment?

Not sure which scratch you are referring to, but we had to do a lot of Dremel on first prototype due to alignment error in the CAD file.

Reactions: LegoFab