Showcase: Dan A4-SFX v3 w/ Delidded 8700k, Liquid Cooled

fytoKemikaL

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Aug 29, 2018

Hi, I just wanted to share my build which I'm using for both gaming and streaming simultaneously. After delidding my 8700k and installing liquid-cooling I was able to overclock my cpu to 4,9 GHz and keep everything under or around 70 degrees Celsius under heavy usage. Of course I had to put some LED strips in there as well. It fits perfectly into my backpack even along with my laptop which is pretty awesome when I want to bring my setup to a LAN-party. The build costed me about 1500 €.

⌬ Gaming + Streaming Computer
Case: DAN A4-SFX v3 (Silver)
Mobo: Gigabyte z370n WIFI m-itx
Display: 24" BenQ Zowie XL2411 144 Hz 1 ms 1980x1080 Screen
CPU: Delidded Intel i7 8700k 6-Core Coffee Lake Overclocked to 4.9 Ghz
CPU-Cooling: Asetek 545LC 92 mm Liquid Cooling / Noctua NF-A9x14 92 mm fan
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB Founders Edition
Memory: Crucial 16 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz
Storage: Corsair MP500 240 GB M.2 SSD 3000/2400 read/write
Power Supply: Corsair SF600 600W

⌬ Keyboard
Apple Magic Keyboard 2017

⌬ Mouse
Logitech G400s Mouse

⌬ Headgear
Logitech G233 Prodigy

⌬ Cam
Logitech c920 1080p

And here's a poor picture of my whole setup:

chriskjr

Cable Smoosher
Aug 30, 2018
That Asetek AIO does a decent job at keeping things cool with such a small fan. Loving the A4 build. What was your experience with building in the case?

fytoKemikaL

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Aug 29, 2018
Looks great! :)
Thanks! :)

That Asetek AIO does a decent job at keeping things cool with such a small fan. Loving the A4 build. What was your experience with building in the case?
It was a tricky build having to install components in the right order for everything to fit, especially to be able to put the sidepanels on, which wouldnt work with the stock PSU-cables which are just too long and stiff so I ordered custom shorter flexible ones from Cablemod. And the radiator for the AIO barely fit in the case bottom because of the side panel-locks on each side so I had to put some force into that one. Also I had to find out the best angle for the cpu cooler so that the tubes would stay inside of the case. At one point I had some trouble with the radiator fan being blocked by some of the PSU-cables coming down from just above it when I had them going all out at the same side as the AIO tubes so I had to make the main power cables go out on the other side below the GPU as you can see in the 2nd picture. But for the rest of the build the case was very user friendly because you can disassemble the base frame of the case if you need some extra help fitting things in which came in handy for me. Working with liquid metal for the first time was the least fun part haha..

Last edited:

Aichon

Average Stuffer
Oct 16, 2017
And the radiator for the AIO barely fit in the case bottom because of the side panel-locks on each side so I had to put some force into that one.
Wait. You can do that? I thought you had to remove those clips to make it fit. Did you literally just shove it really hard to make it work?

fytoKemikaL

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Aug 29, 2018
Wait. You can do that? I thought you had to remove those clips to make it fit. Did you literally just shove it really hard to make it work?

Oh yeah, I forgot about that part. I didn't know that the clips were going to be an issue but yeah I had to force it in there which resulted in one of the plastic clips pointing out a little bit, maybe 1,5mm or so. At that moment I panicked a little bit because I wanted to be able to put the sidepanels on without there being a gap between the panel and the case. I decided to file it down a little bit which did the trick for me. So the alternate way would have just have been to pop that one out and use 3 out of 4 clips instead?

Reactions: loader963

Aichon

Average Stuffer
Oct 16, 2017
Gotcha. I had considered filing them down to make them fit, but wasn't sure it would work, so I simply removed mine. I haven't put the side panels back on yet, however, so I may yet take it apart again to file those down so that things clip in the best way possible.