Show your new toys Topic

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016

poundsign SFF bicycle

EDIT: unfortunately there's no "care instructions" for the wheels I can find anywhere. I highly doubt I should be T-Stopping all the time ._.

Update 1: one air ring burst spontaneously while it was sitting there, LOL. that's what I get for trying something on clearance. must've sat quite long. gonna have to learn to get it fixed on my own

Update 2: Dammit, $40 shipping on a $16 tube, LOL ,_, proxy again?
Update 3: found a payment route to halve shipping (hopefully) please don't burst any more tyres now ,_,
(also I removed the burst tube. trying to get to the other five to check, but removing the second tyre was 10X more of a pain to remove than the first one ,_, (yes I did deflate it!!!!!) gonna have to leave it to chance for now till the spares arrive)

Update 4: so I ordered both spare tubes and a patch kit. The kit'll arrive first, so I'll try my hand at repairing that one first. If it bursts again in the future that tube goes straight to the bin

Last edited:

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
today in the Irresponsible Wallet:

• A 60mm Fan to go with that heatsink as part of the curiosity buy.
    • might not be able to afford the X399M system. contract work might end early at the pace we're going. was thinking of selling the X99M after I get the new one to alleviate. we'll see
    • Remorse rating: 92mm
  • The tubes arrived. Wheel works now. it's been over a day and all of them seem to be holding up still
    • I might actually start using the heel brake. T-stopping feels like hurting the tyres. Or I'll switch back to the regular wheels and use the SUV once a month at the beach park
    • Remorse rating: 1/6
  • A Silverstone ECP01 Molex/SATA power adapter. Goes straight to the abusemark monitor so I don't have to use a USB power cable with that switch
    • ultimately had to pay for it twice. still worth the USB convenience. but only once though
    • Remorse rating: Geometric Sum of All Positive Integers

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
Original poster
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015

Package of 1 of 3 has arrived well on time. Now I have 5 workdays left to receive the other two.
Today package 3 of 3 arrived and package 2 of 3 had arrived earlier:

LZ7 smoked panels for the rear and internally, for AC-DC mounting. The HDPlex 160W AC-DC is already attached.

KMPKT Dynamo Mini, 160W DC-ATX with a bunch of cables. I'm excited to get it in the system !

Lovely.

Bokeh.

Vignetting.

Out of focus.

alexep7

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 30, 2017

Bought both of them. Guess which one has had the most use?
God, I missed this little thing. The GBA is probably my favourite console of all time and I recently got the urge to get one again and mod it. Currently waiting for a backlight screen and glass lens to arrive from China. Can't wait.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
  • bought SSD on surprise sale on amazon
  • finds out gopro discontinues session cube cams three days later
  • semi-panic bought it (I slept on it over the weekend and a monday and tuesday, okay?!)
  • noticed standard shipping's about $4 difference
  • what the hey
  • this week, just today:

THIS THING OUTRAN THE SSD, WTAF

======= Post #2 =======

The SSD arrived, willfindafreemonthtostarttransitioningtowindows10okayboringnext

Along with... me!
hardwarezone had office moving clearance of hardware. scored a practically new old motherboard :D

... wait album text isn't showing. hang on...

Last edited:

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
Original poster
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015

Samsung SSD 960 EVO (the price of the 960 EVO dropped considerably after 970 EVO launched earlier this week)
2x Gelid M.2 heatsinks (1 for this SSD, the other for the other 960 EVO I have)
Asus Hyper M.2 card because my build has more PCIe slots than M.2 slots.
Scythe Fuma Rev. B because it fits all current sockets and provides cooling performance near the Noctua NH-D15 somehow

Asus card with Samsung 960 EVO and Gelid heatsink. There's also a short bracket included in the packaging.

Time to install Ubuntu ! Hopefully soon transitioning to Linux as a main OS and Windows for gaming through VM.

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
LukeClip: wireless infrared trackIR clip to replace the flimsy, overpriced TrtackIR track clip but primarily to have as few cables as possible.

alexep7

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 30, 2017
Bought both of them. Guess which one has had the most use?
God, I missed this little thing. The GBA is probably my favourite console of all time and I recently got the urge to get one again and mod it. Currently waiting for a backlight screen and glass lens to arrive from China. Can't wait.

ok, this has since become a bit out of control

Aichon

Average Stuffer
Oct 16, 2017
Guh, just realized I failed to read the quote where you mentioned you had the backlight on order. >_<

Anyway, can't blame you on that one. I always liked that some SP models had an actual backlight—as opposed to a front light—and I liked that it could travel more easily on account of the screen being protected when it was folded up, but I agree that the form factor isn't quite as nice in the hand, so modding the GBA was a great way to go. :thumb: