King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015

New PSU after my Exploding M6 Impact incident... New motherboard on the way
New fan because PWM

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
3D printer / light duty CNC mill / laser enraver GET!

Sadly I have nowhere to set it up until completing an IRL fetch-quest chain to get all the motorcycle parts out of my room. The extruded actuator/ways do feel very nicely rigid compared to the normal round-bar sliders.

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
Hahaha I bought my dad a new Philips shaver to replace his old one from at least 20 yrs ago! Philips shavers last too long! I'm also heading out tonight to pick up a new pet project, a Dell Poweredge from my old teacher!

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018

New PSU after my Exploding M6 Impact incident... New motherboard on the way
New fan because PWM
Wait WHAT??? An exploding PSU? What brand did you use?

This is to confirm my suspicions that Seasonics never explode and are essentially indestructible...

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Wait WHAT??? An exploding PSU? What brand did you use?

This is to confirm my suspicions that Seasonics never explode and are essentially indestructible...

The PSU just cut out, it still jump starts and puts out 12v and 5v within limits. What did go pop was my beloved Asus Maximus VI Impact motherboard :eek:.
For the record, it was a Silverstone SF450 non modular PSU.
There are burn marks on the back of the power regulation daughterboard on the M6I, and the thermal pad over the VRMs, it visibly blackened.
Thankfully, a kind forumite on Bit-Tech sold me an M7I at a reasonable (non gouging) price, which got me up & running again.

Reactions: Soul_Est

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
The PSU just cut out, it still jump starts and puts out 12v and 5v within limits. What did go pop was my beloved Asus Maximus VI Impact motherboard :eek:.
For the record, it was a Silverstone SF450 non modular PSU.
There are burn marks on the back of the power regulation daughterboard on the M6I, and the thermal pad over the VRMs, it visibly blackened.
Thankfully, a kind forumite on Bit-Tech sold me an M7I at a reasonable (non gouging) price, which got me up & running again.
HAHAHA!!! Seasonics NEVER explode!!! I shall incorporate these into my Volvo Polestar (SFF, of course) to power my Nokia 3310 and Thinkpad X200!

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
Yeah. I've got to get another L9i and do the "fin cut" mod because this stock thing is unacceptable. Not only is it loud as hell, the temps are insanely bad.