Show your new toys Topic

craigbru

Cramming big things in small boxes since 2006
LOSIAS
Jul 2, 2015
Too few CJs though IMO...

My first Jeep was a 1980 CJ5 Golden Hawk (not Eagle). I wrecked it in high school, and technically still have it. Well, the frame and motor anyway. It's sitting in a shed at my parents. It's a project for the future!

It looked exactly like the below, except mine had matching gold wheels.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Those EK heatsinks look so good on that. I just bought a Gigabyte H170N for very cheap, because it had a few bent pins and there were no accessories. I cannot test it yet, though, because DDR4 DIMMs are stupid expensive...

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
And now I'm thinking do I try using it with an NF-A9 ._.
(LIKE DUDE I DON'T OWN ANYTHING YET)

EDIT: Critical research failure: it does 60mm fans. maybe the vent idea could DAMMIT STAPH

Last edited:
Reactions: AleksandarK

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
Original poster
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Some stuff I've gotten recently:

Shiit Fulla 2, because the Kimera Cerberus has no front audio and I switch between speakers and headset often. Swapping outputs on the Realtek chip is a pain with asking every time what impedance it autodetects (but still needs to press OK on two dialogue screens !) and what kind of speakers or headset is attached. This way I have a nice volume knob too and a good DAC for my speakers and a good amplfier for my headphones.

Also:

Kobo Aura H2O 2nd Edition, because I tend to consume a lot of technical literature and I'm having trouble keeping focus on a tablet's LCD screen. Although I've managed to read all of the six Akira manga volumes by now (a few thousand pages) before even going past any of the technical stuff.

Any recommendations on electricity and basic electrical engineering ebooks are welcome !

alexep7

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 30, 2017
Nice, I love my Kobo as well. Best purchase I ever made, but I don't read technical literature at all. Are you reading PDFs? I can't imagine doing that on an e-ink screen unless the pdf is really well optimized and there's no need to zoom in every 10 seconds...

Reactions: Phuncz

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
Original poster
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Nice, I love my Kobo as well. Best purchase I ever made, but I don't read technical literature at all. Are you reading PDFs? I can't imagine doing that on an e-ink screen unless the pdf is really well optimized and there's no need to zoom in every 10 seconds...
Microsoft also has EPUB books, I have a bunch at work now that I recall. I'd like to stay away from PDFs for an ebookreader but sometimes there is no choice.

Thanks for the advice @AleksandarK but I really meant basic, Electrical circuits 101 up to the level that I might some day fiddle with making my own PCBs and simple devices.