Show your new toys Topic

MJVR1

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 10, 2015
92
55
California
vecwVx6.jpg

New headphones. My old headphones died and I saw these for $60. They're actually really good. Wouldn't consider them a "fun" pair to listen to but the clarity these offer is amazing. And I don't have to lower the volume every time the drummer smashes the cymbals.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: jØrd

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
6,125
5,032
Belgium
These seem like a good pair of in-ears, HiFiMAN has made some interesting products.

I always preferred good in-ears, although I haven't used them since I can park my car in front of my workplace and didn't need to walk to work or school. I'm not doing any activities that allows me to use these (over more comfortable headphones) so my M1 Brainwavz have been sitting in it's pocket case for a while now, ununsed and sad.
 
  • Like
Reactions: MJVR1

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
6,125
5,032
Belgium
Let's try this album thingie:



Akasa Tesla H case, to replace the noisy Intel NUC case. I'm not scoring SFF points with this when it's over double the size, but atleast it's passive ! And I think there is enough room for a GPU in there...

My new "mousepad" just arrived:

CmteGHe.png


My keyboard is so pimp, it too needs a soft precision surface. Whateves man !

X0C1bl0.png


My equipment is getting another add-on, my dad had this lab PSU "laying around" for a few years: gimme !
You can also see the other stuff I've gathered the past year, with the soldering iron, cables and the Fluke tester also being barn-find treasures my dad saved if his ancient gear ever gave out.

Whoops, forgot about these:

vtBaeyK.png


Noctua Redux NF-P14r fans, for the Xigmatek Nebula. Yeah, I know, it doesn't have holes. Yet.
 
Last edited:

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
6,125
5,032
Belgium
Oooh it looks familiar but I can't place it ! Seems to be an interesting design. Is it overhanging for RAM clearance ?
 

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
6,125
5,032
Belgium
Akasa Tesla H case, to replace the noisy Intel NUC case.
I have already done the first mod, because the power LED was projecting a blue disc on the opposite wall. Damn bright blue LEDs...

ePLSR3V.png

I used an orange opaque LED sleeve.

NRv117e.png

Now it's pinkish purple. Oh yes and not retina-burning bright.
 

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
3,243
2,361
Germany
freilite.com
Let's try this album thingie:



Akasa Tesla H case, to replace the noisy Intel NUC case. I'm not scoring SFF points with this when it's over double the size, but atleast it's passive ! And I think there is enough room for a GPU in there...


Well, it's still pretty damn small! I'm smelling an awesome build, but I don't think there are any GPUs under 150mm length...

I have already done the first mod, because the power LED was projecting a blue disc on the opposite wall. Damn bright blue LEDs...

ePLSR3V.png

I used an orange opaque LED sleeve.

NRv117e.png

Now it's pinkish purple. Oh yes and not retina-burning bright.

It's a bit hard to see on the picture, but what did you actually do to the case? Soldered a different LED in? A resistor?
 

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
6,125
5,032
Belgium
The LED itself is blue, I used a tiny 3mm orange rubber sleeve/cap over it, which you can see in the photo.