Show your new toys Topic

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Unless they screwed up the FDB implementation those should easily win. Ball bearings always have a subtle (or not so subtle) grinding noise.

Reactions: Biowarejak

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
I really want to see how they stack up against the Noctua 92x14. I'm hoping higher static pressure and airflow at max means they won't have to work as hard at a given amount of heat output.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Some of you might have already seen it, but I got a used GTX 650 Ti last week, 2GB version.

After selling my R7 240 it's great to have something worth using for light gaming again. I might even mine some ZCash for shits and giggles, but I don't pay for electricity right now and Bitcoin prices are actually good enough to mine for side money again.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Are they really now?

If you still have a several-card mining rig, or even a single 1080. Its hashrate to power usage ratio is pretty good.

I only have one old card now. I used to do a ton of Dogecoin and X11 mining back in 2014 with several cards, but Bitcoin prices were in a lull back then, and that caused AMD cards to return to reasonable prices. With Bitcoin now over $2k a piece and other altcoins entering triple digit dollar prices there are new chances to get in GPU mining now.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
Original poster
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
If you still have a several-card mining rig, or even a single 1080. Its hashrate to power usage ratio is pretty good.

I only have one old card now. I used to do a ton of Dogecoin and X11 mining back in 2014 with several cards, but Bitcoin prices were in a lull back then, and that caused AMD cards to return to reasonable prices. With Bitcoin now over $2k a piece and other altcoins entering triple digit dollar prices there are new chances to get in GPU mining now.
inb4 "why are there no Radeon cards in stock still ?!"

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
Original poster
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I prepared my MR-2 Roadster (MR-S Spyder in US) so I can put it up for sale, I'll be trading it in for something more sensible. Mainly so I have something that can atleast go to Ikea and bring back more than just a pack of napkins.
Replaced the aftermarket headunit with the original one, reattached the useless sunscreen visors, removed dashcam and cabling, removed footwell lighting, collected manuals and documentation, cleaned it inside and outside.

it's about to go down this weekend !
I love gas BBQs, they allow to start grilling after about 15 minutes. Yours also has a smoker apparently, nice !

Coach_Rico

Average Stuffer
Mar 16, 2017
I prepared my MR-2 Roadster (MR-S Spyder in US) so I can put it up for sale, I'll be trading it in for something more sensible. Mainly so I have something that can atleast go to Ikea and bring back more than just a pack of napkins.
Replaced the aftermarket headunit with the original one, reattached the useless sunscreen visors, removed dashcam and cabling, removed footwell lighting, collected manuals and documentation, cleaned it inside and outside.

I love gas BBQs, they allow to start grilling after about 15 minutes. Yours also has a smoker apparently, nice !

This thing has gas, charcoal, and infrared besides my father in law just dropped of 5 lbs of lobster tails! Definitely not a SFF BBQ this weekend if you see what I mean !

Reactions: Phuncz

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
Original poster
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
This is why we also need a dislike button.
Yeah I don't like it either but the ugly hunk of driving bliss has a lot of miles and age on it which I wouldn't mind if I could service it myself. But I don't have the means or the time to do and learn it. Maybe later in life I'll get a chance to do that, but by then we'll probably all zip by in self-driving cars and restoring an old car is going to be for track racing only.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
Original poster
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Toyota Auris (US: Corolla iM) 2013-2015 Hybrid with almost all options. My dad has one and I really like to drive it. Not as sporty, but excellent road handling thanks to the improved rear wheel suspension. With the 1.8 liter and electric motor, there is plenty of oomph to easily drive at cruising speed on highway on-ramps and thanks to the CVT it's comfortable to drive and has a continuous acceleration. I compare it a plane or boat propulsion: you put the foot down, the engine revs and stays steady (awkward at first) but it keeps accelerating uninterruptedly.

The one I'm eyeing has most of the options like sat-nav (slow interface :(), Bluetooth for music and calling, half-leather seats with heating, light and rain sensors, front and rear parking sensors (+ rear cam), panoramic roof, 17" alloys, keyless entry and start, etc etc. But mainly storage space and room for four adults. The hybrid drivetrain is also very robust with little defects and a long life, also allowing a low fuel economy (€ 1.40 per liter here) when I don't drive it like I'm escaping police.