Production SFFTEC Shipping Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyCheeseBurger

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 17, 2020
Good luck crew. A few have posted about the FSP option, I went w/ the HDPlex. I can live under the 400w and w/ an external brick so we'll see how that goes.

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
Sure thing, here's a picture of me waiting for his response

but when i point out that the same warehouse photo, of exactly 10 " VIEWABLE " units [ sent to testers ] ,has been re-used over & over & over again, i get non-likes on my post.

a photo of sealed boxes, is evidence which proves nothing.

Last edited:

Loopeus

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 15, 2020
There's 3 days left in this month, are you still on track to ship by the end of this month? Unfortunately want to cancel my order if we've been lied to again.

samchiu888

Case Bender
New User
Jul 29, 2020
My order n.o is 10159

Can you confirm how many day to ship my order because I am waiting over 6 months I don’t want to wait very long time!

Thank you

Sam

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
My order n.o is 10159

Can you confirm how many day to ship my order because I am waiting over 6 months I don’t want to wait very long time!

Thank you

Sam

if you've been waiting over 6 months ( 180 days ) ,then buyer protection from your credit card, or paypal, has now expired.

Last edited:

MasterHW

Chassis Packer
Dec 29, 2019
if you've been waiting over 6 months ( 180 days ) ,then buyer protection from your credit card, or paypal, has now expired.

note that you can get a very similar PSU in black color, from taobao, for only $45 : https://www.taobao.com/list/item-amp/616654143893.htm

even if it costs $130 to mod its fan, which is extremely high of a fee, that's about even with the total cost of this item.

this is a community, & we should want more information/disclosure, within our community. what i've posted above is correct.
please stop pushing a sketchy $45 taobao PSU on us.

Reactions: riba2233 and Lequu

MasterHW

Chassis Packer
Dec 29, 2019
REVOCCASES says the internals of this "Dark Forest" 500W look similar to the Metalfish 500W , which he shared his thoughts on here. I wouldn't run either of them anywhere near 500W; they're cheaply made and the fact that they require such significant heatsinks suggest they have poor efficiency. Cheaping out on a PSU is probably the worst component to cheap out on. For < 300 W loads those PSUs are probably loud but alright, but they're not in the same league as an actual 600 W platinum PSU from a reputable manufacturer like Enhance.

Regardless, I'm not even sure if that dark forest mystery PSU can run 120 V, which would exclude all us north americans.

Reactions: REVOCCASES

MasterHW

Chassis Packer
Dec 29, 2019
and it seems nothing he added changes what I said either. up to 300 W you're probably okay, but above that it'll run inefficient and because of that it'll generate too much heat to safely perform a noctua fan swap. for those who want PSUs capable of 300 W continuous or more, and want to safely install a quiet fan, there is little alternative to the Enhance 7660B.

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
for those who want PSUs capable of 300 W continuous or more, and want to safely install a quiet fan, there is little alternative to the Enhance 7660B.

i never said that PSU was better than an Enhance model, above 300W power.

what i've done is compare " value, based on price " .

" value, based on price "

i never said i tested it myself.

Last edited:

MasterHW

Chassis Packer
Dec 29, 2019
I just don't see any of these PSUs as legitimate alternatives to the SFFTEC modded 7660B, they're not in the same class at all. sure these PSUs will work for some people, and I don't have any objections to pointing out they exist, but it was the third time you advertised them in this thread before I said anything. They're not for everyone, and I don't think insisting on them every other day is helpful. I don't want to argue any more, lets return to the scope of the original thread.

Reactions: Kajukota

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Just to clarify: I said the MetalFish would probably OKisch for some 300W build but personally I would stay away if you need some reliable 500W PSU. What I do recommend are modded server PSUs from established sellers like YTC. I have one of those myself and tested it. If you want to safe money AND get a good reliable flex then get one of those. They cost the same like MetalFish or others but you can be sure that they meet the specs and have all the safety features and certifications.

Again, if you need a brand new and high wattage flex, get one from Enhance or Fsp. They sell for USD 130,- with manufacturer warranty and all.

I'm out now. Think everything is said and I won't stop anyone from making their own experience. MetalFish and co might work for some people but not for me if I was going to build a 500W setup. That's saving money at the wrong end of the line.

Good luck.

Reactions: habanebro

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
What I do recommend are modded server PSUs from established sellers like YTC. I have one of those myself and tested it.

this is very similar to what i'm saying.

i admitted that i never tested these units myself. i believe they should be tested.

what i've said over & over & over again, is that taobao has buyer protection from credit cards, and/or paypal. my recommendation is to buy something you think is a good value for the price, then test it; and if it isn't good, use buyer protection to get a refund.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.