Status
Not open for further replies.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
this is very similar to what i'm saying.

i admitted that i never tested these units myself.

i believe they should be tested.

what i've said over & over & over again, is that taobao has buyer protection from credit cards, and/or paypal.

my recommendation is to buy something you think is a good value for the price, then test it; and if it isn't good, use buyer protection to get a refund.

Sure you can do that. But keep in mind that people also might have to pay tax and customs which they won't get back even if they bought crap.

Like I said earlier, if you buy one and testing it yourself and then share your experience with the community that's fine. But not the other way around recommending something you don't know if it's good or bad. No matter customer protection or not. It's like saying: "hey jump in the water, it looks warm. Ok, maybe it's cold but you won't die."

Hope you get my point.

Reactions: habanebro

habanebro

Chassis Packer
Jul 4, 2020
this is very similar to what i'm saying.

i admitted that i never tested these units myself.

i believe they should be tested.

what i've said over & over & over again, is that taobao has buyer protection from credit cards, and/or paypal.

my recommendation is to buy something you think is a good value for the price, then test it; and if it isn't good, use buyer protection to get a refund.

We're not here to get an OKish power supply from an unknown manufacturer. We want a reliable high wattage power supply that will last. I know you're upset, but trying to make a mob against SFFTEC won't change anything, so stop trying to turn us against him. We're more than aware about buyer protection now that you've stated it so many times. If you want to talk about the taobao PSUs, go to another thread. I'd rather stop receiving notifications for irrelevant information.

edit: minor spelling/grammar errors

Last edited:

SFFTEC

Average Stuffer
Original poster
SFFTEC
Nov 17, 2019
www.sfftec.com
Hi. I was going to post this update only on Friday, after I reply to all recent emails and posts/PMs. But this thread is becoming a bit chaotic, so here it is:

UPDATE (July 29)

Due to distributor limitations, we can only ship about 10% of total orders per day. They will be sent based on the order date, so the older ones first.

• This week: 30% of total PSU orders will be shipped, basically the ones purchased until the end of January. Tracking numbers will be sent by email from this Saturday to Monday.
• Next week: the remaining 70% of PSU orders, and all the other product (P50, A4, C7) & replacements will be shipped. Tracking numbers will be sent by email until next Sunday.

30% is not “most orders” like I expected last time, but it’s the best I can do right now, sorry.

I’m sure you are all tired of apologies and “excuses”, so to guarantee this is the last delay and to tranquilize you, here is a public promise:
If you don’t receive a tracking number by the end of next week, I’ll issue any requested refunds in less than 72h, and without the 4,8% fee stated on our Terms of Use.
Ps: you can print this post to use in eventual future disputes, as a warranty. But I’m sure it won’t be needed...

I know this whole situation has become ridiculous, but I don’t want to justify it with my personal problems. I’ll try to compensate you all soon, with some discount coupons and giveaways. You will also not regret the product quality! ?

Regards

Last edited:

lostsupper

Caliper Novice
Jul 17, 2020
Hi. I was going to post this update only on Friday, after I reply to all recent emails and posts/PMs. But this thread is becoming a bit chaotic, so here it is:

UPDATE (July 29)

Due to distributor limitations, we can only ship about 10% of total orders per day. They will be sent based on the order date, so the older ones first.

• This week: 30% of total PSU orders will be shipped, basically the ones purchased until the end of January. Tracking numbers will be sent by email from this Saturday to Monday.
• Next week: the remaining 70% of PSU orders, and all the other product (P50, A4, C7) & replacements will be shipped. Tracking numbers will be sent by email until next Sunday.

30% is not “most orders” like I expected last time, but it’s the best I can do right now, sorry.

I’m sure you are all tired of apologies and “excuses”, so to guarantee this is the last delay and to tranquilize you, here is a public promise:
If you don’t receive a tracking number by the end of next week, I’ll issue any requested refunds in less than 72h, and without the 4,8% fee stated on our Terms of Use.
Ps: you can print this post to use in eventual future disputes, as a warranty. But I’m sure it won’t be needed...

I know this whole situation has become ridiculous, but I don’t want to justify it with my personal problems. I’ll try to compensate you all soon, with some discount coupons and giveaways. You will also not regret the product quality! ?

Regards

You shouldn't be charging anyone a 4.8% fee on these refunds. The terms of the sale included a ship date that has LONG since expired.

lostsupper

Caliper Novice
Jul 17, 2020
That's what he is saying. He won't charge the fee.
The seller is saying he won't charge a fee if he doesn't provide shipping information by the end of next week. So if someone decided today to ask for a refund--after waiting up to eight months for this to ship--they would be charged a refund fee. That is unacceptably shitty by any measure. If this dude tries to charge anyone a refund fee, please file a complaint with your credit card company and take advantage of your buyer protection if it's still available.

JohnCA

Average Stuffer
Dec 2, 2018
The seller is saying he won't charge a fee if he doesn't provide shipping information by the end of next week. So if someone decided today to ask for a refund--after waiting up to eight months for this to ship--they would be charged a refund fee. That is unacceptably shitty by any measure. If this dude tries to charge anyone a refund fee, please file a complaint with your credit card company and take advantage of your buyer protection if it's still available.
To be fair, they are pretty clear about the refund fee and possible lead time delays on the Terms of Use, and you are required to accept it at the end of Checkout.
That is true at least for orders made from March on (which was my case), I'm not sure if there was a different Terms of Use before that...

Noosh

Cable Smoosher
Aug 18, 2019
To be fair, they are pretty clear about the refund fee and possible lead time delays on the Terms of Use, and you are required to accept it at the end of Checkout.
That is true at least for orders made from March on (which was my case), I'm not sure if there was a different Terms of Use before that...

As far as I remember I was a bit shocked hearing about refund fee, because when I placed my order back in February I found no FAQs nor Terms of Agreement on the page. It even said in stock and lead time march or april which I thought meant he had them but corona delayed the shipments.... until I found these threads and saw what is going on :)

JohnCA

Average Stuffer
Dec 2, 2018
As far as I remember I was a bit shocked hearing about refund fee, because when I placed my order back in February I found no FAQs nor Terms of Agreement on the page. It even said in stock and lead time march or april which I thought meant he had them but corona delayed the shipments.... until I found these threads and saw what is going on :)
Interesting. I guess the terms were only added to the website in March? So it's still valid for me (June order), I won't fight for $5-10 lol.
This whole mess seem to be ending anyway, I'll wait until next week's shipment to make sure...

quaker

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 31, 2020
Hoped if I could get a reply via email but I've found it here. Okay, thanks for letting me know

kai535

Chassis Packer
Jul 14, 2020
So I emailed you about my cancelation a week ago and no response to it or my paypal dispute so I guess that dislute will happen first

SergeantSmeagol

What's an ITX?
New User
Jul 10, 2020
can we just get an update by order number what has shipped out already? It’s the last day of the month and I haven’t received a response by email since July 1st. I haven’t been waiting nearly as long as some of the others, however I will be canceling my order next week if I receive no further response either here or by email.

morj

Airflow Optimizer
Bronze Supporter
Feb 11, 2020
Has anybody received a tracking number yet?

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
Has anybody received a tracking number yet?

not that i've seen.

except for those 10 testers, & there were only 10 actually " VIEWABLE " units, in the warehouse photos.

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me five times...

you would think that, right ??? ,but look at what comments are getting likes.

Last edited:

AndyWags

Chassis Packer
Dec 2, 2019
Can't lie. I was really panicking about not getting this power supply and then nabbing a velka 3. Turns out that I missed my opportunity to nab the velka anyway. By the time I put my info in, the case had sold out. I'll be super appreciative of my build when it finally comes together!

Y2Kmeltdown

Efficiency Noob
Jun 23, 2020
Can't lie. I was really panicking about not getting this power supply and then nabbing a velka 3. Turns out that I missed my opportunity to nab the velka anyway. By the time I put my info in, the case had sold out. I'll be super appreciative of my build when it finally comes together!
Yeah if you are interested there are plenty of other cases on ali express with similar form factor like the K39 that also look pretty nice.

Reactions: AndyWags

Inora

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Aug 3, 2020
Currently 12pm UK time Monday.

No shipping confirmation despite being in the first 30% of psu orders, not looking good in all honestly.

Reactions: lostsupper
Status
Not open for further replies.