Heat pipes: 6mm heatpipe x 4 units
Fin: T= 0.4mm; Gap= 1.2mm
Fin Pcs: 57pcs
Copper Base: C1100 Pure copper nickel plated
RAM Height Limit: Limitless
TDP: 100-125W
Motherboard Compatibility: 1150, 1151, 1155, 1156
FM1, FM2/+, AM2/+, AM3/+, AM4
What's included: 1* C7 (Graphene Coated), 1* X-Bar™ Backplate, 4* Screw Pillars, 4* Hex Nut, 4*Washer, 1* CP-7, 1* Screw Driver, 1* Installation Guide

Fan Specifications:
Voltage: 12V
Current: 0.45A
Actual current: 0.35A
Speed: 4000RPM +-10%
Wind pressure: 3.6mmH2O
Air volume: 64CFM
Noise: 35dBA
Supported motherboard pwm speed regulation: 800-4000rpm

Pictures:

Available at: https://www.sfftec.com/shop

Last edited:

rcradiator

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2018
Nice cooler, although it's a bit on the steep side at $80 for both cooler and aftermarket fan. Most users will want to gravitate towards the NF-A9x14 now that the Chromax version exists, so the fan bundle might be of lesser value to someone who's already going for the Noctua fan. It might be a good idea to offer just the cooler for $65 considering its predecessor the C7CU sold for roughly $60.

Just a question, but is this new storefront part of the SFFLAB redesign where it acts as a hub for various stores?

SFFTEC

Average Stuffer
Original poster
SFFTEC
Nov 17, 2019
www.sfftec.com
Nice cooler, although it's a bit on the steep side at $80 for both cooler and aftermarket fan. Most users will want to gravitate towards the NF-A9x14 now that the Chromax version exists, so the fan bundle might be of lesser value to someone who's already going for the Noctua fan. It might be a good idea to offer just the cooler for $65 considering its predecessor the C7CU sold for roughly $60.

Just a question, but is this new storefront part of the SFFLAB redesign where it acts as a hub for various stores?
I agree the price is a bit high, but you can't buy the C7G easily right now (cheapest I found is $159 on Amazon, wtf). I guess it might be short on stock, I'm not sure.
Also, this fan is very good, and comparable to Noctua NF-A9x14 in my opinion, both in noise and efficiency.
And no, we're not related to SFFLAB.

Last edited:
Reactions: NinoPecorino

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Nice to see this option on c7g that is difficult to find, especially in EU.
Please could you confirm that this variant is coming with metallic fan clip? I always hated plastic on standard c7.
Edit : do fan clip accept 25mm thick fan somehow?

SFFTEC

Average Stuffer
Original poster
SFFTEC
Nov 17, 2019
www.sfftec.com
Please could you confirm that this variant is coming with metallic fan clip? I always hated plastic on standard c7.
Edit : do fan clip accept 25mm thick fan somehow?
It does come with a universal metalic clip from Cryorig, where you can fit most 90/92mm fans up to 25mm thickness (check 1st pic)

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
It does come with a universal metalic clip from Cryorig, where you can fit most 90/92mm fans up to 25mm thickness (check 1st pic)
That’s great news. What payment method do you accept please?

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Ok as several other customers of SFFTEC, I received properly my C7G "Graphene" edition.

My only concern is lack of communication of SFFTEC, especially as I tried to cancel my order, in vain.

At the end, it is finished well. I hope SFFTEC will improve its communication, because they are proposing interesting products, pretty hard to get otherwise.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
OK just got fooled by this buyer.

On initial release, it was clearly written C7G (graphene version, with best evidence on weight 600g of cu or graphene version) + XT90 fan.

Finally I just got this back painted standard C7 with noname fan.
This e-seller didn't respect 4 requests of order cancellation.

AVOID THIS E-SELLER!

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Always sad to see a deal went sour. Perhaps both parties can share both sides of the story in a civilized way..

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
SFFTEC updated their product description and now it seems inline to what I received (standard C7 + noname fan spinning at 4k rpm).
My issue is that I've ordered (back to december) a C7 graphene (basically cu fins covered by graphene, weights around 600g) whereas I receive standard C7 with aluminium fins painted in black (weight around 300g)...BIG difference.

Anyway I lost enough time with e-seller already. Refund was asked, let's see.

Reactions: Kooki

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
I'll leave that here .... below is the original listing (with original pics) as of 2020-01-24 :

Heatsink weight modifications, fan model modication, pics changed ....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heatsink Specifications:
Dimension (with fan): 97mm(L)*97mm(W)*47mm(H)
Heat pipes: 6mm heatpipe * 4 units
Fin: T=0.4mm; Gap=1.2mm
Fin Pcs: 57 pcs
TDP: 125W
Weight (with fan): approximately 700g
Weight (without fan): approximately 600g
What's included: 1* C7G, 1* X-Bar™ Backplate, 4* Screw Pillars, 4* Hex Nut, 4*Washer, 1* CP-7, 1* Screw Driver, 4* Acoustic Vibration Absorbers, 1* Installation Guide

Fan Specifications:
Dimension: 92mm(L)*92mm(W)*15mm(H)
Rated Speed: 600~2250RPM ±10%
Noise Level: 30.0dBA
Air Flow: 40.5CFM
Air Pressure: 2.8mmH2O
Ampere (A): 0.2A
Weight: approximately 100g
What's included: 1* QT90 2250RPM, 1* Molex Adapter, 4* Installation Screw

Pictures:

Reactions: MarcParis

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
@SFFTEC Please answer the above concerns regarding the bait+switch. We encourage open and clear discourse in regards to any concerns raised with vendors on this forum. I expect an answer to the above by 20 Feb 2020 or I will take further action.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I'll leave that here .... below is the original listing (with original pics) as of 2020-01-24 :

Heatsink weight modifications, fan model modication, pics changed ....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heatsink Specifications:
Dimension (with fan): 97mm(L)*97mm(W)*47mm(H)
Heat pipes: 6mm heatpipe * 4 units
Fin: T=0.4mm; Gap=1.2mm
Fin Pcs: 57 pcs
TDP: 125W
Weight (with fan): approximately 700g
Weight (without fan): approximately 600g
What's included: 1* C7G, 1* X-Bar™ Backplate, 4* Screw Pillars, 4* Hex Nut, 4*Washer, 1* CP-7, 1* Screw Driver, 4* Acoustic Vibration Absorbers, 1* Installation Guide

Fan Specifications:
Dimension: 92mm(L)*92mm(W)*15mm(H)
Rated Speed: 600~2250RPM ±10%
Noise Level: 30.0dBA
Air Flow: 40.5CFM
Air Pressure: 2.8mmH2O
Ampere (A): 0.2A
Weight: approximately 100g
What's included: 1* QT90 2250RPM, 1* Molex Adapter, 4* Installation Screw

Pictures:

@SFFTEC Please answer the above concerns regarding the bait+switch. We encourage open and clear discourse in regards to any concerns raised with vendors on this forum. I expect an answer to the above by 20 Feb 2020 or I will take further action.
I discussed a lot this week end with Bernardo/SFFTEC.
Here is conclusion :
  • Ok there is clearly a misleading description moving from C7 cu model + graphene coating with XT-90 (pwm 2500rpm) to Standard C7 with graphene coating + name PWM fan 4000rpm. Ok now website is completely up to date. I received this "cryorig C7 plus" and I can say description is accurate to actual product
  • What about performance gap? Well I decided to test it on my main setup with R7 3800X inside Cerberus-X
  • I received some partial refund from SFFTEC as compensation

Globally you can close my complain and I will keep you informed about testing.

Thanks in advance for your strong support

Reactions: ignsvn

Majestic

Average Stuffer
May 12, 2018
So @SFFTEC is this the C7G that is graphene coated copper or something else? I've been following this product for awhile and I thought this was the copper + graphene version. I will contact you to cancel my order.

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Hey all,

Apologies for keeping SFFTEC's Marketplace threads locked for a while, but we wanted to step in and make sure that the various concerns community members raised with us were properly addressed. We also wanted to take this opportunity to look at our own moderation policies and determine how we can learn and improve from this incident, before we made a final decision.

We were able to get in touch with @SFFTEC and relay these reports to them, and we emphasized that vendors are expected (per our rules) to stay engaged with the community as long as they maintain threads on SFF.Network selling their stuff. This is important because we see that as the responsibility that vendors accept in exchange for leveraging the benefit of things like the Marketplace. That engagement is what ensures accountability and establishes trust for everyone who participates.

@SFFTEC has acknowledged this, and has agreed to remain active on an ongoing basis moving forward, thus bringing the threads back to compliance. As such, we will be unlocking the threads with the understanding that SFFTEC will resume activity within the week, and then remain active – that is, addressing questions at a bare minimum, and (ideally) using the threads as a means to update customers proactively. We will be monitoring these threads very closely moving forward, and will be taking a more proactive approach to our moderation strategy for Marketplace threads in general. We encourage the community to use our report tool if issues arise, and thank everyone who brings things like this to our attention.

It is important that I emphasize the fact that SFF.N provides no warranty or recourse for customers, nor any privileges or special treatment for vendors – these sections of the forum act more or less like Craigslist. However, I can say personally that I think SFFTEC's intentions are in the right place; they just did not communicate during a challenging period for all vendors, which (in my experience as a vendor) is exactly when you need to communicate the most, even when it's hard to do. The absence of communication here encouraged folks to (logically) conclude the worst; my hope is that a resumption of communication between vendor and customers can help to move beyond that in this case.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or concerns.

– Joshua

Status
Not open for further replies.