Stalled UniQ-1 :: 11.2L mini-ITX - Uniquely Air-Cooled - Truely Silent - High Performance Case

mcheddadi

Cable Smoosher
Mar 13, 2019
THIS is amazing. 8L!! thanks for the renders!! I hope you get it quick. im in canada, it's going to be at the end of the month

neyurt

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 26, 2018
I should be getting the new two HE01 in 2 days (Sat) so I'll try to find time this weekend to do some prototype testing with this setup. Super excited!

Reactions: VegetableStu

mcheddadi

Cable Smoosher
Mar 13, 2019
Great! I was thinking that if the the GPU was on top of the Mobo, the heat sinks would have all their fins overlapped and maybe the would be even more compact than on your render where the GPU was on the side.

neyurt

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 26, 2018
Great! I was thinking that if the the GPU was on top of the Mobo, the heat sinks would have all their fins overlapped and maybe the would be even more compact than on your render where the GPU was on the side.

Maybe I'm not getting your idea correctly, but the Width & Length is fixed, (170m for ITX mobo) and ~265mm for GPU. So the only variable that we can play around with is the height. So if we orient the GPU to be horizontal with the mobo, that will add an extra 1-2 inches to the top of the heatsink (the one mounted on the mobo).

so the dimension might ends up being . 7x9x9.5 =~ 10L

But I'll try that too to see if it make sense. Maybe the "deadspace" provided with this extra height configuration would be good for wirings (there's gonna be a bunch coming out from the flex psu (if i dont trim enough of them.

mcheddadi

Cable Smoosher
Mar 13, 2019
here's what I had in mind in a terrible photoshop attemp lol:

neyurt

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 26, 2018
here's what I had in mind in a terrible photoshop attemp lol:

Yep, so I did get your idea correctly. And you can also see here, that the thickness of the GPU (~50mm+) will be added to the already tall (at least 161mm to ) heigh of the heatsink. This volume get added without really shaving off any width and depth due to the size the motherboard and the length of the GPU.

And you can tell that there would be a lot of un-used space resulting from the added volume due to height increase. But again, like I mention, it might be a possibility that we need extra space to account for wiring. Would need more testing to know for sure.

Another one of my concern is how the heatpipe would function if gets turned upside down like that, I read somewhere that the tip of the heatpipe would be facing up, and at the minimum horizontal to allow the chemical inside to travel back to the base efficiently.

mcheddadi

Cable Smoosher
Mar 13, 2019
Yep, so I did get your idea correctly. And you can also see here, that the thickness of the GPU (~50mm+) will be added to the already tall (at least 161mm to ) heigh of the heatsink. This volume get added without really shaving off any width and depth due to the size the motherboard and the length of the GPU.

And you can tell that there would be a lot of un-used space resulting from the added volume due to height increase. But again, like I mention, it might be a possibility that we need extra space to account for wiring. Would need more testing to know for sure.

Another one of my concern is how the heatpipe would function if gets turned upside down like that, I read somewhere that the tip of the heatpipe would be facing up, and at the minimum horizontal to allow the chemical inside to travel back to the base efficiently.
Yes you make good points. The photo is the upside view so that at least takes care of the gravity problem. Anyways I'll wait for you to receive your coolers saturdays. This is all very exciting! :)

TeutonJon78

Average Stuffer
Jun 7, 2018
You could rotate the design for the MB are video card are vertical rather than horizontal. You'd need some space for airflow inflow/outflow beneath the case then though. The heatpipes would be parallel to the base then, so no need to worry about the vapor return.

neyurt

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 26, 2018
You could rotate the design for the MB are video card are vertical rather than horizontal. You'd need some space for airflow inflow/outflow beneath the case then though. The heatpipes would be parallel to the base then, so no need to worry about the vapor return.

Will definitely try out a few configuration to see what yields the best volume.

Your recommendation is similar to @mcheddadi , a sandwich mobo/gpu orientation. This could help a bit with heatpipe issues, but I'm still not convinced the added volume is justify.

mcheddadi

Cable Smoosher
Mar 13, 2019
Sf750 yeahhhh. I can't get enough of your config. A 45 degree configuration would make both of t he01 coolers get their heatpipes to percolate condensation to their bottom and optimise temps even more. Kinda like this omen PC case

Reactions: chyll2

neyurt

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 26, 2018
Sf750 yeahhhh. I can't get enough of your config. A 45 degree configuration would make both of t he01 coolers get their heatpipes to percolate condensation to their bottom and optimise temps even more. Kinda like this omen PC case

Oh that's interesting. IllI give that a try!

neyurt

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 26, 2018
Did some game testing today. Played Division 2 on an ultrawide 120hz for about an hour:

This rig is a beast! I'm using an overclocked 2080 TI + 5Ghz all core (0 AVX offset) i9-9900k and the temps looks ridiculous! Both the GPU & CPU gets to about 60-65C. This all while the RTX 2080 Ti is sucking up ~350W!

Pretty please with the results!

I'm really liking the efficiency of this stacking configuration. As rarely do you exercise both the GPU & CPU to 100% so having both coolers share 2x140mm fan works excellently well. Very efficient.

Last edited:
Reactions: NinoPecorino