Cooling [SFFn] CRYORIG C7 Cu - Dat Copper Tho

Diizzel

Minimal Tinkerer
Feb 9, 2018
Now I feel bad for my purchase of Cryorig c7 cause I though that would be better than Noctua because it rates higher tdp and is actually bigger.

Been thinking about buying c7 cu when updating my gpu but maybe I should just go and buy that Noctua finally.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Now I feel bad for my purchase of Cryorig c7 cause I though that would be better than Noctua because it rates higher tdp and is actually bigger.

Been thinking about buying c7 cu when updating my gpu but maybe I should just go and buy that Noctua finally.

TDP is the most misunderstood "rating" ever.

It only makes sense comparing it within the same manufacturer, and to not take it seriously. No one rates their coolers the same way, and coolers perform differently considering you are always compromising between noise and heat dissipation.

Last edited:

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
TDP is the most misunderstood "rating" ever.

It only makes sense comparing it within the same manufacturer, and to not take it seriously. No one rates their coolers the same way, and coolers perform differently considering you are always compromising between noise and heat dissipation.
With the Intel 6-core and upcoming 8-core, it becomes even more complex. The TDP ratings for the K-series would only allow for a time-limited boost clock and you will need a cooler capable of much more "TDP" to keep the CPU at that boost clock. You'll also need a motherboard that allows this TDP override (most Z370 boards).