Customizer of Titles
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
Last edited:

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
IS-60 is the best cpu air cooler for Sliger SM series..;) Thanks for demonstration...it's on part with Wraith cooler..;)

Slowjim

Trash Compacter
Mar 12, 2019
I am using the IS-60 in a Velka 3 as an APU setup and very happy with it. Much better temps than anything else in the size range.

Reactions: MarcParis

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
I've added a link to graphs in the OP. I was under the flu for a little over a week and trying to play catch up, so I didn't get a chance to record any videos but I have been doing some testing. I also found that my testing strategy ended up with unreliable data on the Intel test bench, so I have been re-testing the previously tested coolers. New videos will be coming next weekend, but in the meantime you can see the latest results of my testing on the link provided. Keep in mind, the ID-Cooling and Intel coolers have not been retested on the Intel bench, so the data is unreliable if compared to the Noctuas, I'll get it fixed soon.

Reactions: Jello

Mac2636

Trash Compacter
Jan 21, 2020
Thank you so much for doing this. I apologize, but I am a bit confused by the graphs. To me, it looks like the Intel fans had a lower temperature based on the green bar graphs?

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
Thank you so much for doing this. I apologize, but I am a bit confused by the graphs. To me, it looks like the Intel fans had a lower temperature based on the green bar graphs?
That's correct, the temps I found were a bit lower on the Intel. There are a few reasons for this that I could think of:
1) I limited the Intel test so that it never exceeded about 95W TDP in Intel XTU, the power draw from the wall is about the same as the R5 2400g when running the test
2) The R5 2400g is using TIM instead of solder between the thermal shield and processor, so it may not be transferring heat as effectively

I'm trying to make the graphs a little cleaner so I will update those later tonight.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
That's correct, the temps I found were a bit lower on the Intel. There are a few reasons for this that I could think of:
1) I limited the Intel test so that it never exceeded about 95W TDP in Intel XTU, the power draw from the wall is about the same as the R5 2400g when running the test
2) The R5 2400g is using TIM instead of solder between the thermal shield and processor, so it may not be transferring heat as effectively

I'm trying to make the graphs a little cleaner so I will update those later tonight.

Thanks for your hard work @IntoxicatedPuma .

I might have missed this, but are the temperatures in the graph delta T or absolute T?

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
Delta T

Also, I've put a chart similar to the ones I used in the videos on the 2nd page (scroll down). Let me know if that is more clear.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Delta T

Also, I've put a chart similar to the ones I used in the videos on the 2nd page (scroll down). Let me know if that is more clear.

I see. I may see it wrongly, but on some cases, IS-40v3 is better than IS-50, and edging very close, or only slightly beaten by IS-50 & IS-60 (2-3 degrees c)?

Mac2636

Trash Compacter
Jan 21, 2020

Thanks