Prebuilt [SFFn] ASRock's DeskMini A300 - Finally!

Hammerfest

Trash Compacter
Jul 15, 2019
thankyou for that, very helpful. So I have upgraded to v3.60S and the Windows 11 Health Checker app still says 3000G is not compatible! I can only assume its a bug in the app, I suppose I will find out Tuesday.
Technically, Microsoft says Zen and Zen+ are incompatible, the 3000G is Zen+ thus the incompatible message

akisu

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 15, 2019
Technically, Microsoft says Zen and Zen+ are incompatible, the 3000G is Zen+ thus the incompatible message
That's wrong, the 3000g is Zen and not Zen+. Also Zen+ is officially supported. If you check the list you will see all the Zen+ CPUs. However I also have no idea why the 3000g is in the list.

Hammerfest

Trash Compacter
Jul 15, 2019
That's wrong, the 3000g is Zen and not Zen+. Also Zen+ is officially supported. If you check the list you will see all the Zen+ CPUs. However I also have no idea why the 3000g is in the list.

The database I was looking at showed 3000G as Zen+ not Zen, considering all other 3XXXG series APU's are Zen+ I didn't question that.
EDIT: I have submitted an issue report for the document you linked since there are other Microsoft articles and guidelines that SPECIFICALLY STATE that ZEN is NOT SUPPORTED

It looks like others have noticed and opened a thread

EDIT: Removed Zen+ statement as it looks like they re-added it in the latest edit

Reactions: ratundtat and akisu

A300

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 13, 2019
Hi guys,

I have a problem to turn On A300

It was hard to turn On, when pressed, sometime, it won't turn On, no led indicators light up.
It seem like no electricity supplied to the unit.

I have to pressed it several time to make it turn On.

This incident only happen lately, at first, it was run OK & nothing has changed in the hardware side.

Any idea how to fix this?

ratundtat

Average Stuffer
Sep 12, 2020
Hi guys,

I have a problem to turn On A300

It was hard to turn On, when pressed, sometime, it won't turn On, no led indicators light up.
It seem like no electricity supplied to the unit.

I have to pressed it several time to make it turn On.

This incident only happen lately, at first, it was run OK & nothing has changed in the hardware side.

Any idea how to fix this?
did you flashed your uefi firmware?
i had black screen errors, because crucial nvme + ubuntu. that was corrupted uefi. perhaps it helps open case and jumper CMOS reset. sure it could be, that your case or power supply is damaged. then you should send it back via RMA. Good luck.

For A300 firmware, i prefer: 3.60S (if you do not use a very old school APU;))

Reactions: A300

A300

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 13, 2019
did you flashed your uefi firmware?
i had black screen errors, because crucial nvme + ubuntu. that was corrupted uefi. perhaps it helps open case and jumper CMOS reset. sure it could be, that your case or power supply is damaged. then you should send it back via RMA. Good luck.

For A300 firmware, i prefer: 3.60S (if you do not use a very old school APU;))
Yes, I did flashed it to 3.60S. But, it was OK until now.

I don't think RMA power supply is possible.

A300

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 13, 2019
Hi guys,

I have problem to turn on A300, so I will try to buy a new adapter.

But unfortunately, I couldn't find the same adapter Acbel Adc027 for A300.

I found Acbel api3ad01. Can I use this adapter?

Also, what is the size of its connector, is it 5.5x2.5mm or 5.5x2.1mm?

Last edited:

KingDiamond

Chassis Packer
Feb 16, 2021
Hi guys,

I have problem to turn on A300, so I will try to buy a new adapter.

But unfortunately, I couldn't find the same adapter Acbel Adc027 for A300.

I found Acbel api3ad01. Can I use this adapter?

Also, what is the size of its connector, is it 5.5x2.5mm or 5.5x2.1mm?
Connector Size 5.5*2.5mm DC

A300

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 13, 2019
Hi guys,

Still about adapter, I can't use Acbel Api3ad, caused its connector size is 6.5mm.

Can I use other adapter with same connector size & same output?

The old adapter cable power is Europe type 2 plug, rated 220V 16A.

I have other cable, China type, 3 plug, rated 220 V, 3A, can I use this cable to the old adapter?

KingDiamond

Chassis Packer
Feb 16, 2021
Hi guys,

Still about adapter, I can't use Acbel Api3ad, caused its connector size is 6.5mm.

Can I use other adapter with same connector size & same output?

The old adapter cable power is Europe type 2 plug, rated 220V 16A.

I have other cable, China type, 3 plug, rated 220 V, 3A, can I use this cable to the old adapter?
I think as a good solution it can work:
120 watt adapter

g_l

Caliper Novice
May 20, 2021
input: as long as it matches the AC voltage in your country, that's fine

output: must be the same DC voltage! at least no higher than 19V to be safe (can cause burn-out).

it can be lower, some people here report even 12V DC works. But find 19V if you can.

output amps: at least 6.3A for 19V (6.3 * 19 = 120Watts). Amps can be as high as you like (will not cause damage, the equipment only uses as many amps as it needs). But higher = bigger adapter.

A300

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 13, 2019
input: as long as it matches the AC voltage in your country, that's fine

output: must be the same DC voltage! at least no higher than 19V to be safe (can cause burn-out).

it can be lower, some people here report even 12V DC works. But find 19V if you can.

output amps: at least 6.3A for 19V (6.3 * 19 = 120Watts). Amps can be as high as you like (will not cause damage, the equipment only uses as many amps as it needs). But higher = bigger adapter.
There are adapters that sell locally claimed that the output is 19V, but not sure if the output is not more than 19V.

So, according to your explanation, is it more safer to get adapter 12V 10A?

g_l

Caliper Novice
May 20, 2021
Your calculation is correct (12V * 10A is 120W) and it might work. But 19V is the official voltage, and it will be more efficient than a 12V adapter. so if you can get 19V @ 6.3+A, that's better.

You are right that a 19V adapter can be a little higher in practice. But all electronics have a safety margin to account for that. Usually +- 5% is acceptable, sometimes more.

For example, I have a 19V adapter here that measures 19.7V, but it works fine.

g_l

Caliper Novice
May 20, 2021
well... I just flipped the switch on my fully charged Metabo 18V 10ah powertool battery, to power my DIY X300-based live music rig.

The problem? fully charged it's actually 20.7V . Did the X300 survive? watch me turn it on the first time:

Last edited: