Production SENTRY 2.0: Evolution of console-sized gaming PC case

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
FYI: We've added the second tab to the compatibility spreadsheet to include current generations cards: Nvidia 20 & 16 Series, AMD R VII, RX Vega & 500 Series,

Radeon VII doesn't seem to fit as it'd be really though to fit PEGs.

We've got 56.4% of compatibility ratio in current generation as opposed to 60.4% in previous generation of cards (Nvidia 10 Series, RX 400 Series). Looks like the 4% drop is thanks to RTX card getting 2.5 and 3 slot cooling solutions.

Reldey

Master of Cramming
Feb 14, 2017
FYI: We've added the second tab to the compatibility spreadsheet to include current generations cards: Nvidia 20 & 16 Series, AMD R VII, RX Vega & 500 Series,

Radeon VII doesn't seem to fit as it'd be really though to fit PEGs.

We've got 56.4% of compatibility ratio in current generation as opposed to 60.4% in previous generation of cards (Nvidia 10 Series, RX 400 Series). Looks like the 4% drop is thanks to RTX card getting 2.5 and 3 slot cooling solutions.

Yeah the RTX cards are just in general too big. Not a deal breaker at all for me.

Reactions: LeandroB

LeandroB

Average Stuffer
Jun 2, 2017
Well, the current GPU generation is kinda of a disapointment. Too big, too power hungry, too expensive and not much of big performance improvements. That made the RTX kinda of a failure in sales, really bellow expectation.
I hope they can bring us better products and that AMD can finaly put up a fight against NVidia. We are in dare need of competition in this sector.

skiphix

Caliper Novice
Jun 25, 2018
If we assume a standard 2 slot gpu installed in the sentry 2.0 and a vertical orientation. How much space is there between the side perforated panel and the gpu?

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
If we assume a standard 2 slot gpu installed in the sentry 2.0 and a vertical orientation. How much space is there between the side perforated panel and the gpu?

If you mean the distance from the GPU fans to the perforation, then it's ~9 mm.

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
Yes, thank you

Can you elaborate why did you want to know that? Because going 2.5 slot is a really bad idea even if it fits - you might scratch your fans on the perforation, or it'll be really loud by fans being close to it.

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
I wanted to design a 3d printable fan duct for the gigabyte 2070 itx

That explains it. If you plan on going for AIO config, I'm not sure if it'll do much when the AIO pushes relatively fresh air inside pushing the hot air out. Also with single fan card it might be easy to just duct it with some non-flammable ducting foam.

zargham

What's an ITX?
Mar 8, 2019
Hello Dr Zaber, I really like your case. I had a question, what is the weight of the case alone without any components in there?

Thank you for the amazing work you're doing for the sff community.

prefinem

Trash Compacter
Apr 12, 2018
hey i think in the live stream linus said BitWit got one and that he is going to do a better review on the liquid AIO side of it just so you know

He did mention that BitWit was doing a more extensive breakdown on floatplane. I didn’t here the AIO mention and unfortunately I am not subscribed to him on floatplane. I will search through his YouTube channel and see if I can find anything.

Leprechaun

Trash Compacter
Mar 4, 2019
He did mention that BitWit was doing a more extensive breakdown on floatplane. I didn’t here the AIO mention and unfortunately I am not subscribed to him on floatplane. I will search through his YouTube channel and see if I can find anything.
yeah i hope he does and im not on floatplane so i wouldnt be able to see it either

Reactions: LeandroB