Production SENTRY 2.0: Evolution of console-sized gaming PC case

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
Hello. Does the Sentry case fit into a laptop bag? If so, for which diagonal laptop should I look for a bag?
Thanks

You should check out the internal dimensions of the bag to fit the external dimensions of Sentry. Just the number of inches won't give you enough information because Sentry is significantly thicker than laptops.

There are quite a lot of bags that will fit Sentry, some may have slightly different dimensions but you will still be able to fit it because material will move around the case if you have leeway in one direction and you lack a bit of it in the other. The issue might be some reinforcing metal pieces that make it impossible to do so.

Essentially you should look for 17-18" laptop bags and check the internal size of the laptop compartment (important - sometimes internal size is not for just the laptop compartment, which is stupid, but still happens).

hisbvdis

Minimal Tinkerer
Jul 28, 2018
You should check out the internal dimensions of the bag to fit the external dimensions of Sentry. Just the number of inches won't give you enough information because Sentry is significantly thicker than laptops.

There are quite a lot of bags that will fit Sentry, some may have slightly different dimensions but you will still be able to fit it because material will move around the case if you have leeway in one direction and you lack a bit of it in the other. The issue might be some reinforcing metal pieces that make it impossible to do so.

Essentially you should look for 17-18" laptop bags and check the internal size of the laptop compartment (important - sometimes internal size is not for just the laptop compartment, which is stupid, but still happens).
Thanks for answering

Reactions: LeandroB

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
I need to replace the power switch on my V1.1. What size do I need again? 16mm?

LeandroB

Average Stuffer
Jun 2, 2017
So, did you guys got any answer from the reviewers? I would love to see the Sentry 2.0 being reviewed by everybody!

Last edited:

a_casserole

Efficiency Noob
Nov 17, 2018
Will there be changes made based on the reviews? But look forward to see them pop up, are you able to share names a few of the youtubers who've received one?

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
Will there be changes made based on the reviews?

Yes, of course there will be some changes, but we expect them in the field of user's manual (which currently we are changing every day for rev.2.0, because we have a delay in that matter), and in the quality control (the feedback which we will gather we will send to our submanufacturers to show them which elements should be improved).

People who will get engineering samples will show us if we have some problems in the new revision. Currently we spent so many hours with Sentry 2.0, that we can assemble it with closed eyes. This is also a problem for us, because we stopped seeing any problems. This is why we need those reviews made by people who are mostly from outside our project. What is more, we don't afraid their reaction. If someone will write or show everybody that we have some big error in some field, then this won't be a problem for us. Everyone will see how project will be changing and this is why we all are here. What is more, we will have time to improve it before we will send final product to our backers in future crowdfunding campaign. It's better to have many independent tests and reviews before start selling the product, then getting back an information from the final customer that we sold him something that doesn't satisfy him.

So yes... we're waiting for good and bad reviews :D

But look forward to see them pop up, are you able to share names a few of the youtubers who've received one?

We're not sure if it's a good etiquette to show off who's getting the package, so we'll save that to ourselves :) (at least for now)

nph84

Chassis Packer
Jul 14, 2017
I am wondering, is anyone going to try the i9900k in any of their Sentry builds? I'm dying to try it with a Cryorig Cu copper cooler plus a Noctua fan. Will this melt my case? Definitely looking forward to the release of these bad boys either way.

Aux

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2018
Yes, of course there will be some changes, but we expect them in the field of user's manual (which currently we are changing every day for rev.2.0, because we have a delay in that matter), and in the quality control (the feedback which we will gather we will send to our submanufacturers to show them which elements should be improved).

Do you need another "outside eyes" english check on the manual?

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
Do you need another "outside eyes" english check on the manual?

Every double-check is appreciated :) Many guys already wrote us what we should change, and we did that, but if you will find something that has to be corrected, it would be great if you would point that out. Thanks :)

p.s. New version of manual is evolving daily, so some pages that are listed today may be missing tomorrow :)

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
Could you start posting those reviews here when they appear?
Those will be useful for us and will save us time for searching the web for them.

Of course we will. Right now there are many other hot tech-news (like new phones and laptops announcements), so we will have to wait until our reviewers will have time to test our case.

siliciferous

Cable Smoosher
Jul 8, 2018
wtfomfg.org
I am wondering, is anyone going to try the i9900k in any of their Sentry builds? I'm dying to try it with a Cryorig Cu copper cooler plus a Noctua fan. Will this melt my case? Definitely looking forward to the release of these bad boys either way.

It can't be any worse off than a 9900k in a Dan Cases build - not being a sandwich style should go a long way. In mine I'm within tolereances as long as I'm not maxing sixteen threads at 100% the thermals are completely under control with a few tweaks (95W long duration power limit and 125W short duration.) Gaming for any amount of time is perfectly fine. I've just installed a 92mm fan in the front lower spot now that I don't need those two 2.5" drives and expect my situation to improve noticeably as a result.

Reactions: LeandroB and nph84