Production SENTRY 2.0: Evolution of console-sized gaming PC case

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
Aged a bit? Worried about Linus dropping it?

Not really about dropping it, but rather doing everything NOT like in the manual when there are step-by step instructions. Linus trolling product creators at it's finest...

I love the flat black.

It's the same black as in original Sentry, so nothing changed here :)

Do you know if any reviewers have done a review of the AIO?

We've got no idea so far, the moment we've sent out those was so intensive in tech because of smartphone and 1660TI launches that everyone was occupied and didn't have much time planning what to do and talking to us. We'll have to see and hope there's going to be some neat AIO builds there.

Hello Dr Zaber, I really like your case. I had a question, what is the weight of the case alone without any components in there?

I'd have to dig this measured weight, and the precise post scale used for weighting is at the office, but we've dropped 0.3kg from first Sentry. It was something like going from 2.9 kg to 2.6 kg iirc. Still a steel construction, but still a really rigid and tough thing.

i like the new color alot

Glad to hear at least someone likes it :)

im not looking for an excat date but do you know around the time these will be available again?

We're preparing for the pre-orders in form of crowdfunding campaign on indiegogo right now to be launched around the end of March, maybe really early April. Obviously at that point it's there's still quite a lot of time before we'll ship those.

We're not going into retail until we saturate most of the demand for the case with campaign orders, because as we've tested last year making small orders is really hard for us, annoys the people who ware slightly late and annoys our subcontractors that we are making such small orders instead of doing second big burst or continuous production.

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Not really about dropping it, but rather doing everything NOT like in the manual when there are step-by step instructions. Linus trolling product creators at it's finest...

It's the same black as in original Sentry, so nothing changed here :)

We've got no idea so far, the moment we've sent out those was so intensive in tech because of smartphone and 1660TI launches that everyone was occupied and didn't have much time planning what to do and talking to us. We'll have to see and hope there's going to be some neat AIO builds there.

I'd have to dig this measured weight, and the precise post scale used for weighting is at the office, but we've dropped 0.3kg from first Sentry. It was something like going from 2.9 kg to 2.6 kg iirc. Still a steel construction, but still a really rigid and tough thing.

Glad to hear at least someone likes it :)

We're preparing for the pre-orders in form of crowdfunding campaign on indiegogo right now to be launched around the end of March, maybe really early April. Obviously at that point it's there's still quite a lot of time before we'll ship those.

We're not going into retail until we saturate most of the demand for the case with campaign orders, because as we've tested last year making small orders is really hard for us, annoys the people who ware slightly late and annoys our subcontractors that we are making such small orders instead of doing second big burst or continuous production.
I can’t wait!

Reactions: LeandroB

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
Yeah, seems like he is going to according to his hardware list.

I'm also interested in Wendell's review, because he's quite a curious guy when it comes to complex topics, so I assume he's going to dig here and there to show you a lot of interesting stuff about the case.

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
I want to see a liquid cooled Asrock X299 build in the new one lol. I considered putting the board in my v1.1 a few months back with a loud ass Dynatron cooler but didn't. :)

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
May i ask, why the change from a flexible PCI Riser to a 2 piece not flexible one?

Because we want our case to be a lasting product and when even the best ribbon construction we could get is not that hard to damage if you are not careful when detaching it from the motherboard (like pulling it from the slot by the ribbon), it was something we wanted to take care of.

It wasn't so big of a problem in Sentry 1.0/1.1, but when we added the AIO to the mix, the amount of space taken by the wires around the riser increased and it become risky to still run a flexible ribbon riser that could be damaged while routing the hoses.

Finally Black Ridge forced us to make this decision because it's a cooler that literally destroys our riser while mounted on some boards because it's not leaving any place for the ribbon to bend with leeway as it's intruding into the pci-e slot area.

Last edited:

prefinem

Trash Compacter
Apr 12, 2018
For all it's worth, I think the rigid PCI riser is much better. That was one thing I appreciated about the Node 202 case was it's fixed riser. Made it easier to build.

Reactions: LeandroB

LeandroB

Average Stuffer
Jun 2, 2017
I see, thanks for answering. I really thought the flexible PCI riser would actually avoid those types of problens.
Thanks for the hard work, guys, i can't wait to get a Sentry!

Reactions: SaperPL and ZombiPL

xcrco

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2017
can anyone clear on how much is this on launch? 200£ ? where will you be launching this? kickstarter or on the site? sorry for not backreading. if this information has been stated.

ruun666

What's an ITX?
New User
Mar 11, 2019
What's the story with security torx screws? Why do we need those? Can they be replaced with standard philips head ones?

Reactions: Talyrius