Production SENTRY 2.0: Evolution of console-sized gaming PC case

zustroy

Trash Compacter
Jun 19, 2018
Great news, thank you for the update and best of luck!

I haven’t received thread notification for couple of days so wanted to check what’s new :)

Reactions: LeandroB

Atremo

Caliper Novice
Mar 3, 2018
Hello again,

Graphene CPU Cooling info...

Here's the answer from my mail to Cryorig: "We estimate to launch C7G in April."

It looks the Cryorig c7 Graphene is "ideal" for cooling and with a TDP of 125w for high end CPU's in a Sentry case.
Also the black coating fits nice in the Zaber Sentry case :)

There will be also another c7 (not G and not copper) BUT with RGB fan available!

If this all is already old news , my appologize.

Regards,

https://i.imgur.com/1VZCF30.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/M3IZ1iX.jpg

Last edited:

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
Hello again,

Graphene CPU Cooling info...

Here's the answer from my mail to Cryorig: "We estimate to launch C7G in April."

It looks the Cryorig c7 Graphene is "ideal" for cooling and with a TDP of 125w for high end CPU's in a Sentry case.
Also the black coating fits nice in the Zaber Sentry case :)

There will be also another c7 (not G and not copper) BUT with RGB fan available!

If this all is already old news , my appologize.

Regards,

https://i.imgur.com/1VZCF30.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/M3IZ1iX.jpg

Note the fact that C7 will still have the issue of being loud as hell because it's fan is really close to the perforation:

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
Small update!

- Last month we ordered a batch of 50 Sentry 2.0 cases to check the repeatability of the current design. This week we received those elements and we can say that we are very happy with their quality. Right now we are waiting only for the feet for horizontal installation which we ordered and we will be ready to send our prototypes for first external reviews.

- With this new test batch of cases we were finally able to check how much weight new Sentry lost compared to the previous design. Sentry 2.0 body will be 0,25 kg lighter then the one from 1.1 revision.

- We designed a new shipping box for this revision of Sentry. It is a 5-layer cardboard with high quality internal foam which should protect the product a little bit better from the couriers cleverness, than the shipping box from the last campaign (2.5m drop test, 1-floor stairs drop test and 5-minutes football test with one of the new prototypes inside... all passed :) ).

- The dimensions of the new transport package are: 40x40x15cm, 4.4 kg. We asked DHL representative for the new shipping offer for our new campaign and we were informed that after next weekend we should get it.

- Right now we are pushing everything forward so we would be able to start the new campaign around the end of March (We do not know how long we will be waiting for the reviews of our prototypes, so March is a safe date).

To sum up:
We are on the best way to start gathering orders in the next two months. We hope you can wait that long.

alpha

Efficiency Noob
Jan 29, 2019
Przegapiłem kampanię Sentry 1.0, więc teraz bacznie śledzę temat. Potencjalnie jaki czas może upłynąć od zakończenia kampanii do wysyłki pierwszej partii?

I missed the Sentry 1.0 campaign, so now I am closely following the topic. Potentially, what time can pass from the end of the campaign to the first batch shipment?

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
I missed the Sentry 1.0 campaign, so now I am closely following the topic. Potentially, what time can pass from the end of the campaign to the first batch shipment?

In the previous campaign it took us about 2 weeks to assembly and send 150 units (mostly because the 2nd week was filled with paper work and talking with customs services). It means we were able to pack and fully send 300 units in one month. Because of that we decided this time we will reorganize the whole packaging process to speed up everything and also we will send all the packages at once instead sending them in batches.

We expect to reach manufacturing speed of 600-1000 units per month. It means for example, if we will gather 2000 orders in the campaign, which will end at the end of April, then it is probable that you will get your package somewhere near mid to end of July (we have to remember about time for transfer the payment from Indiegogo to us, customs paperwork and time of DHL shipment). It also means that if we will gather more orders, then the whole shipment action will be delayed, because of the need of manufacturing those additional cases.

We can also think about making less but bigger batches (for example 500 or 1000 units batch instead of one 2k or 3k units batch), but in the last campaign many people were not happy that some supporters got their packages before others. We see a field for discussion here. We were designing everything to make one big batch to send everything to everyone at once so everyone should get their cases at similar time. If someone has some better idea, we can talk about it.

zustroy

Trash Compacter
Jun 19, 2018
I hope you'll be able to throw couple of brackets for my vertical 2x 3.5" HDD configuration we talked about couple of pages back, just for me :)
Or at least help me in any way with those, so I don't see those ugly screws on the side of beautiful case.

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
I hope you'll be able to throw couple of brackets for my vertical 2x 3.5" HDD configuration we talked about couple of pages back, just for me :)

I assume that you got that it'll mean no dedicated GPU. 3.5" drive stacking is only possible in a spot that is completely blocking use of any dedicated GPU.

We can design those and make the blueprints available but we don't want to add options to the case and handling additional brackets in original campaign was already cumbersome.

As for the screws, we're going to investigate options of including those #6-32 ones, but can't promise anything on this.