Production SENTRY 2.0: Evolution of console-sized gaming PC case

skiphix

Caliper Novice
Jun 25, 2018
This is something we've been asked few times already, and you have to know that the screen has it's weight and adding such weight at offset from the center of weight will make it easier to tip over whole thing. And this may mean damaging the screen depending on what was in front of it when it tips over.

To handle this properly, you'd have to either have a counterweight on the other side which seems like a stupid solution to this,.
I can confirm, my Node 202 didn't like a 23" display 70 cm off-center (It would tip over with a light touch), but a more reasonable 15.6" portable monitor, placed closer to the center, might be fine. Unfortunately you would need to design and fabricate a custom bracket to mount it, because it doesn't exist yet.

alpha

Efficiency Noob
Jan 29, 2019
Did the Zotac RTX 2070 Mini is oversized to fit Sentry 2.0? Looks like 211mm. On Compatibility Spreadsheet is marked Yes with orange.

Last edited:

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
Did the Zotac RTX 2070 Mini has oversized PCB and require low profile PEG power connector to fit Sentry 2.0? Looks like 211mm. On Compatibility Spreadsheet is marked Yes with orange.

By the look of the back of the card in their RENDER it seems like you won't need a low profile PEG connector. Our issue is that the fan shroud seems to be going outside of the PCB/backplate outline at this render of the back, and because of this it is really hard for us to estimate if their size of 129 mm is measured properly or not.

Also why Zotac mini again? that's NOT an ITX-SIZED gpu. If you want to go with AIO or 3.5" drive, you have to with actual itx-sized card, otherwise I recommend going for a full length card with three fans.

alpha

Efficiency Noob
Jan 29, 2019
By the look of the back of the card in their RENDER it seems like you won't need a low profile PEG connector. Our issue is that the fan shroud seems to be going outside of the PCB/backplate outline at this render of the back, and because of this it is really hard for us to estimate if their size of 129 mm is measured properly or not.

Also why Zotac mini again? that's NOT an ITX-SIZED gpu. If you want to go with AIO or 3.5" drive, you have to with actual itx-sized card, otherwise I recommend going for a full length card with three fans.
I already have this Zotac and would not like to change it. if I have to cancel my pre-order of Sentry, I will do that with a heavy heart.
Here are detailed photos with that Zotac, also with "live" measurements. Could you look, and try to express an opinion.
https://smallformfactor.net/reviews/zotac-gaming-geforce-rtx-2070-mini-review
Pozdrawiam

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017
I already have this Zotac and would not like to change it. if I have to cancel my pre-order of Sentry, I will do that with a heavy heart.
Here are detailed photos with that Zotac, also with "live" measurements. Could you look, and try t oexpress an opinion.
https://smallformfactor.net/reviews/zotac-gaming-geforce-rtx-2070-mini-review
Pozdrawiam

Thanks for the link, but it doesn't help much. Seems like the person who did measurements made the most important measurement for us useless by cropping the foto:

You literally can't see what this measurement is.

You have the card. You should be able to check it yourself against this drawing.

Check if distance between this bulge on the fan shroud:

and the start of PCI-E x16 connector (where PCB starts with golden connector fingers) is actually 129 mm as Zotac states, which will be less than 112 mm + 18 mm of oversize that is marked in our drawing. If that's correct, then you're good to go. Otherwise if that bulge is more than 130 mm away from the start of the PCB at the pci-e connector, then it won't fit.

Also you most likely won't be able to squeeze in cables neatly as those here:

So your standard PEG cables will get a bit flattened when you put the cover on.

Reactions: dealda

SaperPL

Master of Cramming
DR ZĄBER
Oct 17, 2017

Just for the record, there are two reference photos in the manual showing off how to manage hoses:

Looks like the custom, separate-sleeved cables may be hard to handle alongside AIO hoses.

Reactions: Talyrius

quetzacoatlx

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 11, 2017

Just for the record, there are two reference photos in the manual showing off how to manage hoses:

Looks like the custom, separate-sleeved cables may be hard to handle alongside AIO hoses.
If I use an HDplex AC-DC+DC-DC instead of an SFX PSU, is it possible to mount a 120mm AIO along with a full length video card?

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
If I use an HDplex AC-DC+DC-DC instead of an SFX PSU, is it possible to mount a 120mm AIO along with a full length video card?

This was asked recently. You can technically fit 120 mm AIO in place of SFX psu, but you'll have to do some actual magic to fit the HD-PLEX. It theoretically might be doable, but we never tried that.

Ravage C

Case Bender
New User
Apr 19, 2018
Why has the Indiegogo goal been reduced from $260,000 to $130,000? (Not that I'm complaining)

I recall reading somewhere that the aim for 1000 orders was to reduce costs on the work required to create the case, so does this mean the company has gotten a better deal now?

Reactions: SaperPL

ZombiPL

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
DR ZĄBER
Apr 13, 2016
Why has the Indiegogo goal been reduced from $260,000 to $130,000? (Not that I'm complaining)

I recall reading somewhere that the aim for 1000 orders was to reduce costs on the work required to create the case, so does this mean the company has gotten a better deal now?

I think the best answer is the one which I gave to one of our backers few minutes ago via email (he had similar question):

"i noticed that you lowered the fixed Goal of your campaign from 250.000,- USD to 130.000,- USD. I wonder why?"

From the beginning we wanted to start our campaign with the price of €230 euro. We informed everyone about that (including youtube reviewers). Just before the campaign we noticed that Indiegogo has a misleading information in their forms, and we couldn't use EUR as our currency. Because of that, we were forced to use USD. As you know, €230 EURO converts roughly to $260 USD. We thought it was obvious, but many people just did think that the EURO to USD conversion rate is like 1:1. When they saw $260 USD they thought we added $30 dollars to the price we advertised before. It means they though we lied to them (which we obviously didn't). Because of that many people did not participate yet in the campaign.

Right now we gathered over 100 000 USD and we are receiving many messages from people like you, who are asking what will happen if we will not gather the 100% of funds (we were at 43% after 1st week). They were afraid, that because campaign slowed down, it might not be successful and they might not receive their Sentry cases. We decided we will try to calm down this situation.

Most of our subcontractors before the campaign gave us prices for their elements for the quantity of 500 units, but some wanted orders for 1000 units (because of that we started with 1000 units minimum goal). We contacted with them and asked for new offers for minimum 500 units. And we received them. It means right now our real minimum campaign goal to manufacture a batch of Sentry 2.0 cases is 500 units. We contacted with indiegogo, explained the whole situation (including this problem about not allowing us to use EURO currency) and asked if we can change target to 500 units. And they agreed. Right now it should be easier to gather the rest of the funds in the next 3 weeks.

It means, everyone noticed that our campaign slowed down, and we wanted that people will be sure it will be successful and they won't waste their time (at this point we couldn't tell if we will reach the goal or not). After a contact with our sub-manufacturers we decided we can change our goal a little bit (before the campaign we had several offers for some components with MOQ of 1000 units). Right now every offer we have is for 500 units, and thanks to that reaching our campaign goal is more probable.

zustroy

Trash Compacter
Jun 19, 2018
Campaign will last for 23 more days and up to 5.000 units, whichever comes first, right?

Haven't ordered yet, just to make sure I definitely have time till the end of April (in case number of ordered cases is lower than 5.000).

Reactions: ZombiPL