S4 MINI Classic (S4M-C)

ECHO

Trash Compacter
Dec 3, 2016
Hey!

I have a Solidworks key through Uni, and wanted to see about using it to preview different colours/finishes on my Classic

However I really don't have much experience with it regarding materials and finishes, and I don't even know if its the right tool to use. Anyone have any advice? :)

Plus I'm stuck with a Surface Pro i5/4gb until I finish my build - not exactly a modelling powerhouse...haha

Reactions: Biowarejak

Testwerke

Trash Compacter
Oct 18, 2017
@Josh | NFC what's the PN/Manufacturer of the powder coat you used on this one? I freaking love it.

That’s my build. I had it powder coated at my local shop. The powder is midnight blue wrinkle by Prismatic Powders.

If you want to see more, go here. https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/midnight-coffee-s4-mini.3599/

Can you I send you my case to be powdercoated? lololol you already have my PSU ;) I'm sure you aren't that busy to take this one! Jk but if you can for real powdercoat it let me know! I know your slammed right now.

Find a local powder coat shop! It would probably be less expensive and you’d get a good coat as any shop would do. I was happy to find a local place that is very professional and answered every question I had. Shop local!

Last edited:

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
That’s my build. I had it powder coated at my local shop. The powder is midnight blue wrinkle by Prismatic Powders.

If you want to see more, go here. https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/midnight-coffee-s4-mini.3599/

Find a local powder coat shop! It would probably be less expensive and you’d get a good coat as any shop would do. I was happy to find a local place that is very professional and answered every question I had. Shop local!
That's what I thought :)

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015

tumor

Chassis Packer
Jun 14, 2017
I know you fellas like a good imgur album.
I trimmed the rear of my bezel and mounted it on motherboard standoffs in order to fit the Zotac 1080.
Wasn't a big fan of the 2D bezel when I tried it out.

Massive thanks to Josh for this awesome case and thanks to everyone here. I've read every page of this thread and saved tonnes of pics to refer back to while I was building.

Thanks to ceski too for the amazing bios writeup.
https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/nfc-systems-s4-mini.96/page-209#post-68531

Creep

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 2, 2017
I trimmed the rear of my bezel and mounted it on motherboard standoffs in order to fit the Zotac 1080.

Massive thanks to Josh for this awesome case and thanks to everyone here. I've read every page of this thread and saved tonnes of pics to refer back to while I was building.

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/nfc-systems-s4-mini.96/page-209#post-68531

So did you have to shave the plastic shroud then?

Broxin

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 16, 2017
@Josh | NFC I've got a pair of Aviation Snips, do you think it'll be enough to cut the internal chassis metal so that i can flip the HDPLEX connector on the back of the case to fit the MSI 1070 so the connector sits flush? I was thinking i might be able to just make 2 cuts, and bend the metal between the cuts back.
i dont think you can do it precisely with those Aviation Snips. It will be a mess i suppose. i have cut it out with a dremel and it is very rigid chasis metal.

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
Original poster
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com

I love me some NEW ideas for the MINI. Thank you for doing this and sharing!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey!

I have a Solidworks key through Uni, and wanted to see about using it to preview different colours/finishes on my Classic

However I really don't have much experience with it regarding materials and finishes, and I don't even know if its the right tool to use. Anyone have any advice? :)

Plus I'm stuck with a Surface Pro i5/4gb until I finish my build - not exactly a modelling powerhouse...haha

You can also use the Sketchup model with a renderer like Kerkythea or Indigo.

tumor

Chassis Packer
Jun 14, 2017
I love me some NEW ideas for the MINI. Thank you for doing this and sharing!!!!!!!!!.

Cheers! I'm surprised no one else has tried this yet. (It was cringeworthy taking to the bezel with a hacksaw and file.)

Upcoming mod is to run an RGB strip on the inside of the bezel top and front. Using some frosted acrylic or plastic tube cover to diffuse.

Last edited:

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
Last night I received my Black Grade B wrap around S4M-C Bezel i purchased from @Dubnobass, perfectly protected in VERY AMPLE shipping material. :D Sorry i dont have pics of it but its BEAUTIFUL! It's am AMAZING thing to behold and to literally hold in my hand. WOW!

@Josh | NFC the only thing I need now is mounting hardware/standoffs or studs, (what ever their called) to mount the original wrap-around to the chassis... AND the 2 black screws that go in the back of tiny bent end of the wrap around by the power connector... Do i have to order a set of that from you Josh? or will you be sending it with my Grade C Silver wrap around order? Thanks!

So sometimes in the next month (or whenever I get that mounting hardware) I'll be trying the 1080 mini fan mod, where I remove the stock shroud and fans, and swap them for the dual NF-A9x14's, and mate the end of the 1080 mini heatsink to the original wrap-around with thermal padding. :D TO TEST temps and noise! FOR SCIENCE!

Last edited:

ngriesdo

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 15, 2017
Last night I received my Black Grade B wrap around S4M-C Bezel i purchased from @Dubnobass, perfectly protected in VERY AMPLE shipping material. :D Sorry i dont have pics of it but its BEAUTIFUL! It's am AMAZING thing to behold and to literally hold in my hand. WOW!

@Josh | NFC the only thing I need now is mounting hardware/standoffs or studs, (what ever their called) to mount the original wrap-around to the chassis... AND the 2 black screws that go in the back of tiny bent end of the wrap around by the power connector... Do i have to order a set of that from you Josh? or will you be sending it with my Grade C Silver wrap around order? Thanks!

So sometimes in the next month (or whenever I get that mounting hardware) I'll be trying the 1080 mini fan mod, where I remove the stock shroud and fans, and swap them for the dual NF-A9x14's, and mate the end of the 1080 mini heatsink to the original wrap-around with thermal padding. :D TO TEST temps and noise! FOR SCIENCE!
I will be doing the same in the coming future! Please document how you did it for science of course ;)

Reactions: CubanLegend

lac29

Average Stuffer
Apr 1, 2017
Hey!

Keyshot is great it you can get a hold of it.

Creep

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 2, 2017
Has anyone added an extra fan to a Noctua to reduce CPU temperatures under load? I'm thinking of trying a different cooler.

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017

Didn't get any screws with mine, might be faster just to ask what kind they are and pick them up at the hardware store :)

Reactions: CubanLegend

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
Didn't get any screws with mine, might be faster just to ask what kind they are and pick them up at the hardware store :)
Dang, yall REALLY want me to go ahead and start my 1080mini and wrap-around bezel mod. XD I'll wait for @Josh | NFC to ship me the proper mounting hardware along with my Grade C Silver Bezel, so whatever bezel I use (silver or black) can look perfect. :D
Hey Cuban, do you think that an LP53 could be modified to mount on an AM4 socket? XD
Ummm.... I dont know? Sorry bro!, I wish I knew... :(

Last edited:
Reactions: ECHO and Biowarejak